Early Åkerhus breakfast for girls, what should the boys do?

Inka

Earning My Ears
Hello! I'm planning our first trip to Orlando :-). Our first ARD day is coming up and I am planning to reserve a pre park-opening breakfast at Åkerhus for myself, my sister and my 4-year old daughter. My husband and my 6-year old son have no interest in joining us, but we are staying off-site so they will drive us to Epcot. Any ideas what they could do while waiting for us / park opening? And does anyone have any recent experience if the ppo-breakfast helps beating the crowds for FEA? Or should we try to book FP for it? Is it difficult to get morning FP with our 30 day window?

I am not 100% sure of the actual day yet, but it will be a weekday in the first week of November. I will try to reserve a few dates as they come up and then cancel the unnecessary ones as our plans are more finalized. We have two-day park hoppers and are planning visiting MK on a different day so we will probably hop from Epcot to HS later in the day.

My recommendation on your ADR is to also book it for the whole party including your husband and son as it's always easy to remove people from your ADR but not add them. Just in case they decide to go with you for any reason. But while they wait and you head to Norway, they could stay in Future world and hit up a few rides and then meet up after you finish at Akerhus.

I think PPO is great, it's nice to be in the parks with little to no crowds, but do remember, world showcase/Norway where FEA is, doesn't open until 11am so just work that into your breakfast ADR plans for that day. You could do a later breakfast at Akerhus and then head over to FEA. We have never RD FEA but I'm sure that there are folks on the boards that have and can offer their recent experience. I would plan around a 9am breakfast ADR and then be done around 10:30am and head over to FEA, I think if there is a wait at that time, it would not be that long, I've heard of the waits at park opening to be around 10-25 min so negligible.

I would bring them. The food is good. If they prefer not to be around Princesses, I agree the Garden Grill would be a nice alternative.

My sister was just there a week or so ago. They had an 8am Akerhus breakfast and were done by 9. They went straight to FEA and rode that before the crowds got there and then had just a short wait to meet Anna and Elsa. Before 10 they had finished both. She said the food was really good and even if they weren't interested in the princesses, they would definitely eat there again.

What about getting them a reservation for the same time at Garden Grill? My favorite character breakfast in all of WDW :)
They could ride Soarin right after with no wait!

This! We had great GG PPO experience in April. Character interaction was fun and we walked right on Soarin' after.

I would include them in your ADR (will DH and DS care if they miss FEA?) or get them one at Garden Grill.

I agree either have them go with you or do their own PPO breakfast at GG. Otherwise, there isn't really anything to do at EPCOT before opening.

LOL, you're nicer than I am. Our last trip my sons were 5 & 14 (no daughters), I planned the princess breakfast at Akerhus and flat out told them (including dh) "I'm the one doing all the planning for this trip and I want to see the princesses so we're going" :rotfl2:princess: I even have a picture of us with Belle (though I do think ods skipped the pic, I'd have to pull it out to verify). We're in the process of planning our next trip and I sent dh the itinerary, he said "what, no princess breakfast" :D We're doing the Bon Voyage breakfast this time ;)

Anyhow, my point is....take them with you. I'm not opposed to splitting up to ride different rides and such (we do it often) but unless there's some compelling reason I would at least have table service meals together.

Garden grill for sure! Although my son loves meeting princesses but he is only 3 1/2...

I agree! Plan Akershus for the family for the girls and maybe Chef Mickey's, Ohana or Garden Grill for the boys another day but go all together if money and time allow!

Thank you for the opinions and advice :) I have told the boys that they will join us for breakfast, but I won't force them to pose with the Princesses. I didn't manage to book PPO breakfast for us as Akerhus had no availability despite my best efforts refreshing the app / site when booking opened. I booked us a later time slot and will try to modify it princess:

FWIW, I booked that breakfast to catch a few princesses at once. My son grubbed while my daughter basked in the princess interaction (which is phenomenal). During that processional thing the princesses and little girls do, my son ate more sausage and played with his 3ds. When Aurora asked why my son didn't join the processional, he said (and I quote) "that's ok, it's just for princesses".

Everyone had a good time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!