NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

I'm going to guess that my chances of secret porthole connecting cabins are going to be zero by the time Thursday rolls around? Esp on a spring break time departure in April? :(

I'm a silver castaway member but haven't used travel agent before. I see on dreams unlimited site it has a quote request form but how can I make sure an agent will call for me on the 1st and get it reserved for me? I didnt see a number to call. When I filled out the form years ago it took at least 3 days for someone to get back with me but maybe that was a fluke.

I'm a silver castaway member but haven't used travel agent before. I see on dreams unlimited site it has a quote request form but how can I make sure an agent will call for me on the 1st and get it reserved for me? I didnt see a number to call. When I filled out the form years ago it took at least 3 days for someone to get back with me but maybe that was a fluke.
Yes, that was my experience also- though not with DReams unlimited- but I feel they are all similar.
If you are not paired with an agent and want a very specific trip/cabin on opening day - I think I would book it myself, and THEN transfer to a travel agent for some OB credit.

Honestly, I’m weighing this still.
The back and forth with the travel agent nearly cost me $100 last opening day- I would so prefer to do it all myself...

I was thinking maybe a San Diego to Hawaii to Vancouver 2 week cruise in May. I think that would be legal.

Can someone remind me really quick what the rules are regarding this?
You can’t go B2B foreign port disembarkation, then domestic port disembarkation?
And this is only relevant for B2B, right, and why again? TIA!

We've submitted our date and room requests to our TA. Hoping for good news on Wednesday since we are Silver Castaways (our last Silver cruise unless they change the criteria).

Can someone remind me really quick what the rules are regarding this?
You can’t go B2B foreign port disembarkation, then domestic port disembarkation?
And this is only relevant for B2B, right, and why again? TIA!

I believe the PVSA is relevant to both B2B and one-way cruises between 2 different U.S. ports. A cruise between 2 different U.S. ports must stop at a distant foreign port. A B2B cruise is viewed by the PVSA as 1 continuing cruise and therefore must follow the above rules regarding foreign port stops. The rule does not pertain to closed loop cruises leaving and returning to the same port, or one-way cruises where one end is a non-U.S. port.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, that was my experience also- though not with DReams unlimited- but I feel they are all similar.
If you are not paired with an agent and want a very specific trip/cabin on opening day - I think I would book it myself, and THEN transfer to a travel agent for some OB credit.

Honestly, I’m weighing this still.
The back and forth with the travel agent nearly cost me $100 last opening day- I would so prefer to do it all myself...

I always used an agent before and I would tell her in advance what specific cruise and cabin I wanted (or top three cabin choices, then category if the specific cabins weren't available) and I never had a problem. Maybe she wasn't a super busy agent or maybe she liked me, but it always seemed like I got what I wanted that way. I never had to do any back and forth because I knew exactly what I wanted and told her before booking day Now she left the business and I became an agent, so I can book my own stuff now. I may regret that LOL. It was was so easy when she did it for me! I'll find out on Thursday!

I always used an agent before and I would tell her in advance what specific cruise and cabin I wanted (or top three cabin choices, then category if the specific cabins weren't available) and I never had a problem. Maybe she wasn't a super busy agent or maybe she liked me, but it always seemed like I got what I wanted that way. I never had to do any back and forth because I knew exactly what I wanted and told her before booking day Now she left the business and I became an agent, so I can book my own stuff now. I may regret that LOL. It was was so easy when she did it for me! I'll find out on Thursday!

I have not used an agent before, but had been in contact with one about a WDW trip a year or so ago (trip didn’t happen, but we developed a good rapport). When I started looking at options rather than this Feb’s cruise, I contacted her about WDW and once the new itineraries were announced, I contacted her for a couple more quotes for WDW and said “I’m definitely doing that because I want a Wonder April 2019 cruise” not really meaning anything like I wanted her to do it, but she said “You know I can handle that too, right?” And I thought about it for a moment and was like “Sure!” And told her my preferred category with a back-up category (and section of the ship). The plan tomorrow is she will call and check for my preferred category and as long as it still is (I’ll be shocked if it’s not as it is not a super popular category) she will book me in with the 72-hour hold and get back to me with the quote.

If i hadn’t had a somewhat established relationship with her I don’t know that this would be happening, but maybe.

Where is there a link to see 2019 cruises and prices ? Looking for March , 7 day cruises ?

Ugh, I'm going to have to hang up because I have to leave at like 8:30. Been on hold for almost 50 minutes :(
I would have had less of a hold but, well, there was a busy signal :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts