NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Just for future reference once we do hit the ground running here, when i report that I’ve booked a cruise but used a placeholder while back on dry land, am i supposed to put OBB anyway? I would think so indicating my price was with the 10% discount, but i just wanted to check beforehand. :)

Just for future reference once we do hit the ground running here, when i report that I’ve booked a cruise but used a placeholder while back on dry land, am i supposed to put OBB anyway? I would think so indicating my price was with the 10% discount, but i just wanted to check beforehand. :)

If you are talking about the opening days pricing thread (which will be a seperate thread), then yes. OBB stands for any booking that was made with the on board booking discount, so that applies for any cruise that is booked by converting a placeholder.

We must have been on the same cruise as we went there on our first Disney cruise in 2010 too and as far as I know, they've not been back. I wish the dates would hurry up and be released!!!! :boat:

We stopped at Corsica on our first Disney cruise in 2010 and are so happy that they are finally going back. Ajaccio is a quaint little town.

Waiting too ... not decided if we will do a week on Fantasy or a week on Magic. Partly depends on the Magic itineraries, cost and flight prices ( As we fly from the UK its a toss up between the likely cheaper Fantasy cruise, but higher flight price, or dearer magic cruise but cheaper flight cost! )

Is it normally a Thursday the itineraries are released?

Claire :)

I've received notifications of my facebook messages over the last three weeks, and we had definitely booked both of our Westbound Transatlantic cruises by now. It seems really late

Have any of the European cruises gone DOWN from the opening day price? (Less popular ones... to fill the ship?) Trying to start thinking about 2020, and was wondering about trends. I know the cruises that are offered once go quickly, but is there a historically "less popular" cruise? :D

Have any of the European cruises gone DOWN from the opening day price? (Less popular ones... to fill the ship?) Trying to start thinking about 2020, and was wondering about trends. I know the cruises that are offered once go quickly, but is there a historically "less popular" cruise? :D
Last time was about 2010 in Europe. Since the economy has rebounded no such luck. Even GTY rooms are usually a lttle higher than opening day from what I have found.

Last time was about 2010 in Europe. Since the economy has rebounded no such luck. Even GTY rooms are usually a lttle higher than opening day from what I have found.
Not true. There were of GT rates in 2015, 2016 and even some last year at the beginning of the season. Usually the discounts happen in early June. We got a great discount on the Iceland cruise in 2016.... well below opening day pricing. I would expect to see discounts coming out on the Med cruises this year in early June. There are a lot of rooms left on those early June Med cruises. The last few years the early June cruises have had good GT rates that were better then opening day pricing. The Norwegian fjords cruise last year is a good example.

If your planning on cruising during July and August then your better off booking ahead those are the months Europeans are out of school.

I was really disappointed they moved the Baltic cruises to August. I was expecting to pre-book a Baltic cruise early June this year or hold off for a guaranteed rate. I will probably be looking at other cruiselines next year for a Baltic cruise.

Not true. There were of GT rates in 2015, 2016 and even some last year at the beginning of the season. Usually the discounts happen in early June. We got a great discount on the Iceland cruise in 2016.... well below opening day pricing. I would expect to see discounts coming out on the Med cruises this year in early June. There are a lot of rooms left on those early June Med cruises. The last few years the early June cruises have had good GT rates that were better then opening day pricing. The Norwegian fjords cruise last year is a good example.

If your planning on cruising during July and August then your better off booking ahead those are the months Europeans are out of school.

I was really disappointed they moved the Baltic cruises to August. I was expecting to pre-book a Baltic cruise early June this year or hold off for a guaranteed rate. I will probably be looking at other cruiselines next year for a Baltic cruise.

I know an August Med cruise last year had a better price (IGT/VGT) than opening prices. We almost booked, but flights were a problem for us.
Every Caribbean sailing we booked VGT, those rates were also lower than opening.
So far (just looking at the cruises WE have been interested in) only Alaska has gone up significantly from opening prices and even when they offered IGT last year (end of August) prices were a little higher than opening.
But in most cases GT rates can be way lower than opening, I agree.
So I’m waiting for opening day Alaska :magnify:
Also Hawaii which would totally make me cancel my Columbia outerwear order...:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter