NEWS 5/17: Late 2019 itineraries released - link in post #1 (2020 watch thread will start soon)

Looked it up . . . Hawaii was Fall and Spring 2012 + Fall 2015

I agree - a one way would be very nice!

Thank you! I love both those time periods -- except it doesn't help those with kids in school. We went in August last time nad it was beautiful. Spring might be their rainy season, but who cares once you're there LOL

Planning a 2019 cruise to celebrate finishing graduate school...looking forward to seeing the options as they come available!

I have my fingers crossed for a September 2019 WBTA cruise similar to the 2018 itinerary (Dover to NY) - the dates and start/end points would be perfect for our 2019 adventure, shame we can't go next year! I notice this year it is out of Barcelona - is the Dover a once off or do they switch it around every year?
Dover to NY is a one off (I think). Usually the TA's are in and out of Barcelona. Well "since Frozen" DCL now seem to go from Florida to Copenhagen for Norway / Baltic cruises early in the summer. Then the ship transitions to Barcelona for Med cruises then back home to Florida (or San Juan or Galveston) in August / September.

I am platinum. I don't get emails letting me know it's time to inquire about the new set of itineraries. Last time I found out via CC. I'm following this board in hopes that I get a heads up about 2019 sailings.

Dover to NY is a one off (I think). Usually the TA's are in and out of Barcelona. Well "since Frozen" DCL now seem to go from Florida to Copenhagen for Norway / Baltic cruises early in the summer. Then the ship transitions to Barcelona for Med cruises then back home to Florida (or San Juan or Galveston) in August / September.

I'd love to sail out of Dover and spend a pre-cruise day there sight-seeing. We have been there, but would love to see the cliffs as one sails out (assuming they are visible from where you sail out :confused3). We sailed out of Southampton on Princess and that, too, was a lovely port, but not a lot to see around there (for us).

I am platinum. I don't get emails letting me know it's time to inquire about the new set of itineraries. Last time I found out via CC. I'm following this board in hopes that I get a heads up about 2019 sailings.

We too are platinum and except for an email after our first cruise in 2000 welcoming us to the Castaway Club, we have received zero emails regarding announcements, changes or itineraries.

That's the way they did it this year. But next year they are doing the reverse (Med cruises from Barcelona first, then Northern Europe). I'm hoping they go back to this year's schedule for 2019 year because we would like to take the Northern Europe cruise, but the later summer cruises are in August, when school starts for us already again.

That's the way they did it this year. But next year they are doing the reverse (Med cruises from Barcelona first, then Northern Europe). I'm hoping they go back to this year's schedule for 2019 year because we would like to take the Northern Europe cruise, but the later summer cruises are in August, when school starts for us already again.
Don't know the ages of your kids or "more importantly" what sports they are involved in ... (seems that sport is more important than school these days, but I'm Old)

BUT I would really really think about taking your kids out of school for the Northern Europe cruise. It was awesome and educational. One of the best cruises we had. Just wished our adult son would have been able to go with us - he loves history, but Darn Work Anyway!!

And I wish that we had taken our kids out of school more often for trips like this. Especially 8th grade and younger.

I have a question about 2019 itineraries-- I'll be headed to my FIRST Disney cruise at the end of August. I've seen that generally people say the earlier you book the less expensive it is, but you also receive a discount for booking on a cruise for your next cruise.

Can I book a placeholder cruise and then the minute 2019 itineraries are out, reserve that? Is what I'm saying making sense?

I'd really like to get the most bang for my buck, as it were...

I have a question about 2019 itineraries-- I'll be headed to my FIRST Disney cruise at the end of August. I've seen that generally people say the earlier you book the less expensive it is, but you also receive a discount for booking on a cruise for your next cruise.

Can I book a placeholder cruise and then the minute 2019 itineraries are out, reserve that? Is what I'm saying making sense?

I'd really like to get the most bang for my buck, as it were...

That's the way most people do it nowadays for cruises that have not been released yet. People used to just book the cheapest cruise they could find, normally a 3 or 4 day, then change it when the new itineraries were released. This is what was referred to as "dummy cruise". But now with the placeholder reservation, you don't need to select a specific cruise or date and the deposit is a flat amount of $250. Just remember that the cruise you book while on the ship must start no later than two years from the date you book the placeholder in order to get the discount.

Cruising the Bahamas this October plan to book a placeholder for 2019 - thinking fjords but would consider the med again if Venice was offered

Looks like the Magic might not be able to go to Geiranger anymore from 2019 onwards as Norway is restricting access for older ships.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2017/07/02/cruiseships-face-fjord-restrictions/

I think the Wonder got some upgrades to make her cleaner for Alaska. Maybe they need to do this with the Magic, too. Or they will drop Geiranger or bring the Dream or the Fantasy to Europe.

I think it would be great if they could bring a new ship for the European cruises! Better than wasting them on 3 and 4 day cruises ;)

Do you think they will open up any more Mexican Riviera itineraries? So, far there is only 1 in 2018.

I am hoping for more 10 and 11-night itineraries. We were on the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise this year and 11 days is my sweet spot. It doesn't feel so short like the 7-day and it's just long enough that we all feel refreshed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter