Early ADR or EMM/MK

Flapdoodle

Mouseketeer
We have an early ADR for BOG on a Tuesday in mid-May. I know EMM are typically offered on Tuesdays. We only have 2 days to explore 4 parks and have park hopper tickets. Thinking the EMM would be worth the extra money to knock out most of fantasyland. Wanted to get some opinions

I dropped our PPO BOG when I added EMM. Feel like it's a much better value and for us an easy way to avoid lines with a three year old who I don't think is going to wait well! Unfortunately it's our first day so I'm a little afraid it will set an expectation of no waiting and the ability to reride rides!

I vote for EMM. It's the only way to really guarantee you will have early access to those rides, plus breakfast is included. I think it is a bigger bang for your buck.

I vote for EMM. It's the only way to really guarantee you will have early access to those rides, plus breakfast is included. I think it is a bigger bang for your buck.

Thanks for the feedback. I love this board. If they offer the EMM I will post my BOG cancellation on the dining forum

Definitely EMM. BOG is nice and I think breakfast there is good but no comparison really. EMM breakfast (the old version) was worse than the one at BOG but riding Seven Dwarfs 10-12 times definitely overcompensates for that. I would still do BOG on another day (and it is usually possible to book if you check often enough) - I think it is a very nice experience.

Definitely EMM. BOG is nice and I think breakfast there is good but no comparison really. EMM breakfast (the old version) was worse than the one at BOG but riding Seven Dwarfs 10-12 times definitely overcompensates for that. I would still do BOG on another day (and it is usually possible to book if you check often enough) - I think it is a very nice experience.

Unfortunately, we will only be at MK for a day so it was an either or decision. Too much to see, too little time as this trip is an add on to a longer Universal trip. We have been to Disney several times over the years when our children were younger, now that they are older, they want to experience Universal/Harry Potter. Decided to add 2 days of Disney and am excited to experience all the new attractions at the parks.

If you only have a half day for MK, I would not spend time eating at BoG. For the time and money, I think EMM is a much better option.

Thanks for all the responses and input. Will definitely go with EMM if it is offered on our park date.

Thanks for all the responses and input. Will definitely go with EMM if it is offered on our park date.

Follow up question regarding EMM. Once the park officially opens, what rides do you do first? Trying to figure out which rides I should try to get fastpasses for and which ones I could probably do without passes. For people who have done the new EMM at MK, what was your strategy?

Definitely EMM, you will knock out a good portion of Fantasyland and get breakfast with it. Breakfast at BOG is not great, IMO, so you aren't missing out much by dropping that meal.

Follow up question regarding EMM. Once the park officially opens, what rides do you do first? Trying to figure out which rides I should try to get fastpasses for and which ones I could probably do without passes. For people who have done the new EMM at MK, what was your strategy?

We went to Big Thunder first. It was walk on. We could have ridden it again, but we were hungry :D

They will hold you at Peter Pan and then a CM will walk you over to the other areas if you go that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter