Early December trip?????

tinkerjo

DIS Veteran
Ok, so we were just at WDW and the fort in Feb/March but DD has proposed we take a December trip. DSIL is active duty so we can get ( in comparison) cheaper park tickets. I am so excited, DH said plan it!!! I know it’s a little late and there are only 3 of the 6 days we need open (tent site) but I figure I can probably piece it together eventually. So what are things like early December?? Should the weather still be decent? We are midwesterners so it will be cold here. We have been the week after Christmas before but it was record heat that year( Shades of Green stay). Any tips would be appreciated DD and SIL will be flying in and Me, DH and DS 11 will be driving.

Lucky you, sounds like good times ahead.
Had no info to share but... wanted to say THANK YOU to ur entire ...Military family!
Enjoy ur visit.

Lucky you, sounds like good times ahead.
Had no info to share but... wanted to say THANK YOU to ur entire ...Military family!
Enjoy ur visit.
Thank you so much. We have a long line of military in the family. DSIL is a keeper. He’s a good man.

We've been late November early December once and the weather was great.

That is exciting!! Hopefully you can piece a tent site trip together to get what you need. Big hugs to your DSIL. ( sadly we didn't get a chance to take advantage of the military ticket when my son was in)

We were at WDW the end of Feb, first week of March this year too! AND, we are going back early December. We are booked at POFQ for Dec. 10th thru the 19th. We are looking forward to the decorations this time of year. Kind of missed them in March.
We have been to December many times the first 2 weeks, and the weather has been consistently great with warm to a few hot days. We did have some cooler days one time, but for the most part, it is nice warm weather. Sounds great. And thank your family for their service.

Do people at the fort decorate that early? I really wanted to see everyone’s setups

we were there several years back for Thanksgiving week and week after many sites were decorated

We will be @ The Fort 11/16 thru mid Dec. Hope to meet you & your family, the weather has been great on past trips. Thank your SIL for his service! We will decorate for Christmas!

Early December is my favorite time to visit WDW. At FW almost everyone has some kind of decorations and a few really get into the season. All the parks are decorated for the season. We really like the Candlelight Procession at EPCOT. If your not in the Christmas spirit before you experience it, you will be after.

Have been many times during the week after Thanksgiving - early December. Loved the weather. Loved the decorations. Loved the smaller crowds. You will love it. Do pack a sweatshirt for night time as it can get cooler once the sun goes down. Thank you for your service to all members of your military family.

Ok, so we were just at WDW and the fort in Feb/March but DD has proposed we take a December trip. DSIL is active duty so we can get ( in comparison) cheaper park tickets. I am so excited, DH said plan it!!! I know it’s a little late and there are only 3 of the 6 days we need open (tent site) but I figure I can probably piece it together eventually. So what are things like early December?? Should the weather still be decent? We are midwesterners so it will be cold here. We have been the week after Christmas before but it was record heat that year( Shades of Green stay). Any tips would be appreciated DD and SIL will be flying in and Me, DH and DS 11 will be driving.

Just plan on the weather just being all over the place! We no longer go that time of year. One year we nearly froze (literally) lows 20's, highs 40's and windy. Next time we left early for cold rain most of the time!

Most likely very unusual, but enough to stop us going then.
I would just say to prepare for all kinds of weather, and hope for a good 'average'!! Enjoy!

We love earlly December! As others have said, the parks will be all decked out, and there will be many decorations on the sites at Fort Wilderness. Rent a golf cart for at least a day so you can get to all of the loops to view the decorations.We go every year and it is usually quite warm. However, there can be those unusually cold days, so plan for layers. The nice thing is it usually comfortable for sleeping at night.
Enjoy, and Thank You for your family's service.

We went the first week of December a few years ago and loved it. Christmas was in full swing and we made a point of taking a horse ride around FW. The weather was dry the whole time, but I will say that it got cool most evenings. I would not hesitate to go that same time again but it did require us to be prepared to carry sweatshirts/flannels into the parks if we were staying late. It also limited our outdoor time at the site because we got cold easily.

We are trying to book early December there with no such luck :( We are already booked for 2 weeks at the Grand and my husband was surprised with an extra week and half vacation and we loved the fort at Halloween time and were hoping to book for December to check it out...but no such luck. Hoping to keep trying and something will open up around final payment time when a lot of people cancel.

Anyway, you will love it!!! We love the Fort and last year the weather was chilly (we were at the Contemporary and YABC for all of December) but with a fleece for everyone, we were fine in the parks from morning until night. My kids were also the only ones in the Contemporary pool! LOL!! We were certainly never HOT, but never freezing either but then again we are from Northern IL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!