Early December

Smilelea

DIS Veteran
Hello,
We are planning a combo WDW/Universal trip for early December 2020. We will likely spend 1 or 2 days at US and IOA. It will likely be the first or second week of the month. I know with Disney this tends to be a slower time. Is the same true for Universal? Would EPs be needed at that time? We are in the early stages of planning and trying to budget rooms, tickets, etc.
Thanks for any input you guys can provide!

The park shouldn't be too crowded, so I think 2 days (1 day in each park) is ample time without EP, if you arrive early and maximize your time in the park.

However, if your trying to do both parks in one day, or you really wanna watch all the shows/parade (it's a fantastic parade) and maybe eat a Mythos, having the EP on a two day trip may allow for a more relaxing experience since you won't feel rushed to do it all while battling wait times.

I think it really boils down to budget, EP probably isn't necessary, but it will defiantly help make the most of your time in the parks. Enjoy!

The park shouldn't be too crowded, so I think 2 days (1 day in each park) is ample time without EP, if you arrive early and maximize your time in the park.

However, if your trying to do both parks in one day, or you really wanna watch all the shows/parade (it's a fantastic parade) and maybe eat a Mythos, having the EP on a two day trip may allow for a more relaxing experience since you won't feel rushed to do it all while battling wait times.

I think it really boils down to budget, EP probably isn't necessary, but it will defiantly help make the most of your time in the parks. Enjoy!
Thank you so much! That is very helpful.

We’ve been twice in the first week of December. If you’re staying more than one day you likely really don’t need an express pass.

For context, we tended to only be in the parks a few hours at a time but visit several times over a week long trip. We do activities off-site too. The longest wait for us were likely meeting Blue the Raptor, Kong and the second time we did Gringotts (first was walk on - second was maybe 20 minutes). Most rides were listed as 10 min waits (which really was way on) and the most popular rides were maybe 20-30 listed but usually less in the queue. We also got to several shows, spent time doing the wand stations and most of the Christmas offerings. An EP would’ve been a waste for us.

If you aren’t staying at a hotel where it’s included, I’d definitely favour waiting and seeing what the parks are like and buying it when you get there. Because unless you’re trying to do bothparks in one day, or have a really long list of most dos beyond rides (eg wands, shows, parades, Mannheim steamroller, leaving to eat a meal in citywalk), you likely really won’t need it.

I agree with the PP's. We've been the first week of December and planned three days. We had plenty of time to do/see everything once and even had time left to re-do our favorites. We stayed off-site and didn't have EP for that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!