Early June: tell me your experience

I did not realize June was the wettest month to go. We went in mid October and had barely any rain but it was extremely hot. When we go back next time we will most likely go in the summer, either the end of June or sometime in July. So I guess it will most likely rain alot then?

I’m not sure if June is officially the wettest month or not but some of my wettest trips have been in June. It’s not uncommon for a tropical type system to just park overhead for hours at a time, for what feels like days on end.

I’ve also had June trips where we’ve barely had any rain at all (even in the late afternoon).

Without fail, they have all been hot & humid and my Midwest body takes longer to accumulate in June than in July or August simply because we haven’t experienced it yet at home.

For the OP:
It’s been several years since we’ve done June so I can’t help with current crowds, but it was always our experience that it got a wee bit more crowded as each day in June passed & more folks got out of school & head down. I always especially noticed the change by Fathers Day weekend.

With 12 people? :lmao: :laughing: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

We did 11 in July 4 years ago. It was one of the best trips we had. My traveling party are the least of my concerns. Not everyone’s family wants to strangle each other after 24 hours.

We went June 2-12 2017. We found with a good plan through lunch and going where the fastpass took us after that, we never waited more than 20 minutes, usually under 15. It did rain most every day from noon-7pm. We’d read about PM showers, but this was pouring rain for many hours. Our flight home was delayed 3 hours because of rain. But, the day it didn’t rain we were brutally hot (for these Phoenicians) and missed the rain! But, we’d totally go again. FWIW, monitoring the app, lines were shorter the third and fourth week of June, which surprised us.
I remember that but 2016 and 2018 were not like that as far as rain. I actually think I preferred the 2017 rain. Made the temps bearable! Crazy enough though, we also went in Oct last year and it was just as hot as June. Oy.

I did not realize June was the wettest month to go. We went in mid October and had barely any rain but it was extremely hot. When we go back next time we will most likely go in the summer, either the end of June or sometime in July. So I guess it will most likely rain alot then?
Out of 2016, 2017, and 2018 (June) only 2017 rained that much. 2016 and 2018 had pop up thunderstorms midday, but 2017 it truly rained or was cloudy our entire trip. It was nice because it kept the temps down, but I wouldn't count on that much rain for this year...though it is possible.

As far as crowds, we don't find it to be too bad. There is plenty of room to walk and we never wait more than 20 minutes for rides. We do rope drop/midday break/nighttime touring, make good use of FPs and have a good touring plan.

Travel party :
12 people who stick together
June 9-14
Experienced WDW visitors
Rope droppers

I have my plan and ADR’s. The last time we did our big family trip was 4 years ago in July and I found it extremely easy to navigate around. We did much more than I expected. I keep reading summer is lower crowds now compared to the rest of the year. How was your experience in June last summer?

We are you, with two extra days. Arriving on the 8th, leaving on the 15th. We go all the time, and i like to be there for Park Open. Our ADRs are already booked. Will be two families, 10 in total including a 23 month old.

Here is the trick, IMHO. We live in Charlotte. Many SC schools let out just before Memorial day, and others let out the week of Memorial day. In NC, the LAW is that schools must finish no later that the Friday closest to June 11th, which works out to be the 7th this year. So, you can expect top see many NC & SC plates in the parking lot that week. However most schools in the North are going for at least 2 more weeks, so that should keep the crowds lower.

I will say that the crowds last summer were more manageable, and that I have noticed a huge uptick in crowds this fall and winter.

In short, I think you choose the right time, and I really hope you did!

I believe June is the wettest month, but don’t let that discourage you. We went the first week of June in 2017. The crowds were doable, and when it rained heavily, the crowds cleared. You should be prepared for the rain, possibly take afternoon breaks, when it’s most likely to rain.

Actually, there is also something to planning FP around this. Planning a rollercoaster, which a chance of being shut down during a lightning storm, during the heat of the day will get that automatically converted into a multi-experience fast pass if the ride does shut down. Not that you would prefer Haunted Mansion over say Space Mountain, but it can be something to think about depending on time and party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter