Early Morning Magic Returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

MIAMouseketeer

DIS Veteran
From Blog Mickey:
http://blogmickey.com/2018/08/rumor-early-morning-magic-returning-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

We’ve got a new rumor coming to us that says that Early Morning Magic is coming back to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With the recent opening of Toy Story Land, it would seem that Disney is looking to take advantage of the new land by bringing Early Morning Magic back to the park.

Early Morning Magic originally debuted back in August 2016 at Hollywood Studios and didn’t last too long. Here’s what Early Morning Magic consisted of back in 2016:

Beginning at 7:45 a.m., guests can enter the park and experience Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Mania!, Pixar Place character greetings (with Woody and Buzz), and Mickey and Minnie on Commissary Lane and Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight. Guests can also partake in an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast at ABC Commissary from 8-10 a.m.

While we don’t know yet what an Early Morning Magic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2018 would consist of, it would very likely center around Toy Story Land. So when would it start? Don’t plan on it starting before September 3rd, as Disney is still hosting daily morning Extra Magic Hours for resort guests through September 2nd.

From what we’re told, this will be a dining event like Early Morning Magic in Magic Kingdom. Beyond that, we’re not sure if the dining portion of the event will return to ABC Commissary or a different dining venue. No price is known at this time.

As with any rumor, you should treat this information as unofficial unless and until Disney confirms it.

This would be awesome if true. We love EMM, too, and do it every chance we get. I'd definitely do EMM at HS if it was similar and the breakfast was decent!

I think it makes a ton of sense, especially with how hard it is to get FP for Slinky Dog ... can see people being motivated to do something like this - especially those staying off site.

I expect something similar when Galaxy's Edge opens and if so I can see us taking advantage of it ... save money by staying off site and then pay for this and guarantee you get on the new rides (figure either something like this or like the VIP experience they have at Animal Kingdom)

Early morning magic at MK doesn’t seem worth it. But once SWGE opens, I’d be all over it at HS.

Anyone know what days of the week it was on last time? I realize it could change if it does happen but I was just curious.

Anyone know what days of the week it was on last time? I realize it could change if it does happen but I was just curious.

Disney Early Morning Magic will take place on select Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Official check-in will take place near the far-left turnstiles of the Main Entrance to Disney’s Hollywood Studios beginning at 7:45 a.m. Guests will receive a wristband for identification upon check-in.

Do keep in mind that Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 9:00 a.m. to Guests with regular theme park admission and access to the event-only attractions will end.

Disney Early Morning Magic is scheduled to begin on August 1 and run through the end of September.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2016/07/12/disney-early-morning-magic-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

This would be fantastic- keeping fingers crossed. Would it first be released on Disney Parks Blog?

From Blog Mickey:
http://blogmickey.com/2018/08/rumor-early-morning-magic-returning-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

We’ve got a new rumor coming to us that says that Early Morning Magic is coming back to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With the recent opening of Toy Story Land, it would seem that Disney is looking to take advantage of the new land by bringing Early Morning Magic back to the park.

Early Morning Magic originally debuted back in August 2016 at Hollywood Studios and didn’t last too long. Here’s what Early Morning Magic consisted of back in 2016:

Beginning at 7:45 a.m., guests can enter the park and experience Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Mania!, Pixar Place character greetings (with Woody and Buzz), and Mickey and Minnie on Commissary Lane and Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight. Guests can also partake in an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast at ABC Commissary from 8-10 a.m.

While we don’t know yet what an Early Morning Magic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2018 would consist of, it would very likely center around Toy Story Land. So when would it start? Don’t plan on it starting before September 3rd, as Disney is still hosting daily morning Extra Magic Hours for resort guests through September 2nd.

From what we’re told, this will be a dining event like Early Morning Magic in Magic Kingdom. Beyond that, we’re not sure if the dining portion of the event will return to ABC Commissary or a different dining venue. No price is known at this time.

As with any rumor, you should treat this information as unofficial unless and until Disney confirms it.
Seems this would be a good idea but why not also keep the park open a few hours more. Especially in the summer time. Doing early extra hours and keeping the park open late would be patron friendly.

Seems this would be a good idea but why not also keep the park open a few hours more. Especially in the summer time. Doing early extra hours and keeping the park open late would be patron friendly.
No money in that. Plus this event is limited to a certain number of guests to offer an uncrowded Park experience.

No money in that. Plus this event is limited to a certain number of guests to offer an uncrowded Park experience.
Longer hours means more time to purchase food drink and merchandise. Shorter hours means I'm optimizing my time for more rides, so less money for Disney. Definitely money in longer hours, perhaps just not as much as they want, but longer hours were great for decades.

Disney Early Morning Magic will take place on select Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Official check-in will take place near the far-left turnstiles of the Main Entrance to Disney’s Hollywood Studios beginning at 7:45 a.m. Guests will receive a wristband for identification upon check-in.

Do keep in mind that Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open at 9:00 a.m. to Guests with regular theme park admission and access to the event-only attractions will end.

Disney Early Morning Magic is scheduled to begin on August 1 and run through the end of September.

https://blog.touringplans.com/2016/07/12/disney-early-morning-magic-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

That article is two years old...

I never understood the draw of EMM at Magic Kingdom. Seems like riding Mine Train 5-6 times in a row would take some of the 'magic' out of the ride. And, riding Pooh or Pan more than once during the event makes no sense either. On a standard daily ticket, you can FP Mine Train, Pan, & Space, and rope drop Adventureland and Frontierland. That pretty much covers the hard to get attractions.

I never understood the draw of EMM at Magic Kingdom. Seems like riding Mine Train 5-6 times in a row would take some of the 'magic' out of the ride. And, riding Pooh or Pan more than once during the event makes no sense either. On a standard daily ticket, you can FP Mine Train, Pan, & Space, and rope drop Adventureland and Frontierland. That pretty much covers the hard to get attractions.
We are about to do our 3rd this Sunday. We love being able to take our time walking up Main Street, taking pictures in front of the castle and riding 3 (sometimes more) attractions with no wait and more than once. If it doesn’t appeal to you, then don’t go. We love it and love how it gives us a chance to enjoy just being in Magic Kingdom and getting a head start on the day. The breakfast is pretty good too.

We are about to do our 3rd this Sunday. We love being able to take our time walking up Main Street, taking pictures in front of the castle and riding 3 (sometimes more) attractions with no wait and more than once. If it doesn’t appeal to you, then don’t go. We love it and love how it gives us a chance to enjoy just being in Magic Kingdom and getting a head start on the day. The breakfast is pretty good too.

Well, we don't go. Just contributing to the conversation. If everyone liked and did the exact same things, then this board would not be very interesting.

We tried it after enjoying the one at DHS. We won't do it again. If I want early entry to the park I'll just book one of the dining options.

7DMT was down and didn't come back up until it was over. You are correct a couple rounds on PP and Pooh was more than enough. And the breakfast food was very disappointing compared to what we had at DHS (DHS was provided by events, not a theme park restaurant).

BUT, they sell it out so my stockholder self is quite happy they continue to offer it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter