Early November 2018 availability- am I too late?

got15

DIS Veteran
Just realized my DS school is closed for Fall Break during the first week of November. Since its also a bunch of birthday's in my family- I was looking for a nice rate at a CL for a multi-generational stay/celebration. For the life of me, I can't find anything unless I pay rack rate ($800+ a night) or have an adventurous stay at Ft Wilderness Cabins or Art of Animation (not bad resorts- just don't fit into our requirements for a multi-generational stay with ECVs,Strollers, etc.). I could do about 3 split stays over the course of the week to get bits and pieces- but I would rather hunker down at the same resort. Is there a probability of more resorts being added to a bigger discount- or is what is out there what is left? We are AP holders as well- do you expect a discount during this week? I know its a holiday week for a lot of people- and probably quite busy.

Just realized my DS school is closed for Fall Break during the first week of November. Since its also a bunch of birthday's in my family- I was looking for a nice rate at a CL for a multi-generational stay/celebration. For the life of me, I can't find anything unless I pay rack rate ($800+ a night) or have an adventurous stay at Ft Wilderness Cabins or Art of Animation (not bad resorts- just don't fit into our requirements for a multi-generational stay with ECVs,Strollers, etc.). I could do about 3 split stays over the course of the week to get bits and pieces- but I would rather hunker down at the same resort. Is there a probability of more resorts being added to a bigger discount- or is what is out there what is left? We are AP holders as well- do you expect a discount during this week? I know its a holiday week for a lot of people- and probably quite busy.
Is that Jersey week? If so, you may be too late for any discounts. It is also that lovely time when guests can catch the transition from Halloween to Christmas in a single stay. And there's a marathon the weekend of 11/4 and the F&W festival runs thru 11/12. High demand makes for few discounts. AP holders are the last to have any discounts offered and those are for the resorts no one else has booked.

Anything is possible but if you are set on your travel dates and what you want, you may have to bite the bullet and book what you can afford given whatever is available.

Last edited:
That is the same week as "Jersey Week". Many of the districts in New Jersey have no school several days that week and many New Jersey families come to WDW for the week. It can be quite crowded. It also is about the last week of Food and Wine which is also more crowded near the end.
Keep looking, something may come available.

I had a really hard time last year looking for rooms this same time. I could not find a room for the full week either except ridiculously expensive ones. I looked daily until I was able to get a discount, but I ended up having to do a split stay. I actually enjoyed the split stay though, it was nice to experience two different resorts.

Have you considered Swan/Dolphin? That's our go-to "deluxe" when WDW deluxes are out of reach or not available.

At end of Nov 2017 I tried to book standard room for Nov 2018 at Poly and both standard and lagoon view were already sold out. Never had that happen before, but that's how far back they were selling out.

I booked the first week of November back in November/December. Even then some resorts weren’t available and that’s way before discounts were released. We did two nights through a TA that has agency exclusive rates and we rented points for the other 7 nights.

Just keep checking, we booked our trip for Nov14-18 last weekend with a pin/unique offer code, not a huge savings but it was something. I do think that first week you are looking at is in fact Jersey week which I have never been during that time but have heard crowds are high but if it's the only time you can go, I would still head to disney, rather be there in crowds than at home with no crowds :)

Doubtful a discount will appear but perhaps you could try an offsite stay if you want to stick to a budget, if not, you can still find rooms on property at that time but not discounted. Try the DVC rental sites for the last minute deals too, that's an option or Costco travel, sometimes they have some good values. But most of those are Saratoga Springs and off site.

I agree with the others stating it will be incredibly crowded during your time. Between New Jersey schools being closed, Veteran's Day, the end of Food and Wine, and beginning of Christmas, you may have to settle for what is not your first choice. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter