Early stages of DLP trip....

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
We are in very, very early planning stages for our first trip to DLP next August from the US. Right now we are thinking 5 days in London then take the train to Paris for another five days. Since we want to spend two days at Disney we are considering doing that for the first two days staying overnight in a Disney hotel. Late the second day we would ride the train into Paris for the other three days. Is this the most logical plan, Disney wise? I know this does not give us a lot of time in the city, but we will make those berg full three days.

We're doing the opposite. 4 days in Paris first, then leaving our Paris hotel early our last morning, train to DLP to check into our DLP hotel (well, actually to leave our bags at the magical express desk and head straight to the parks), then getting the magical express straight to CDG at the end of our second day at DLP.

What days of the week would you be at DLP? Week days are likely better days to be there (crowd wise).

We are also going next summer for our first trip out to DLP, second trip to Paris. I've been trying to figure out how to split this up, but we are going to be spending all of our nights out at DLP (got a pretty good deal on the rooms and going to DLP is the major reason that we are even going to Paris). I've been looking at the hours the different Paris attractions are open, which vary by day, for some, to get a feel for what days would be better to be in the city versus at the parks.

I would avoid staying at Disney at the weekend. It is busy enough when it is not holiday season. Let alone when it is.

Agree with others that say if you are flexible, avoid DLP on a weekend in the summer. Having said that, the core of what you want to do sounds pretty reasonable. The Eurostar train fares increase as you get closer to departure time so as soon as you know your dates, go ahead and buy those tickets. I waited a bit too long to buy mine and the price had almost doubled and I had to buy 4 tix! Lesson learned.
I think 3 days in Paris should be enough to see the major sites. Again, if you want to get into the Tower and ride to the top, get those tickets as early as possible too.

We have decided to extend our Paris stay by one day as I really want to visit Normandy. I'm a history buff and with the 75th anniversary of DDay next year, it would be crazy to not go there.
We still have no definite dates yet but as the planner of all our trips, I'm already becoming obsessive in Reading, researching and watching lots of YouTube videos. I know about the train prices and Eiffel Tower tickets and will add those to my obsession list to watch for release dates.
DW just sits back and enjoys me enjoying planning!

We too will be there next June. We plan to spend a few days in Paris, then visit Normandy starting the 8th, and cap our trip off at DLP. We found that lodging closer to Normandy between the 1st-10th of June is becoming increasingly hard to find at reasonable rates. Therefore you might want to book soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!