Earning My Ears?

It means you have relatively few posts. Your designation will change as you post more.
I'm not sure this is true any longer. On the old boards, when you were new, you had Earning My Ears. And at various levels (number of posts) you've made, the designation changed. The new boards don't really have that feature, but I think that all newbies default to "Earning My Ears".

That can be changed by hovering over your username and clicking on "Personal Details". On that page you'll see "Custom Title". You can put what you want there (or nothing). And that's what shows up under your username on the left of posts.

To my knowledge, these are the levels:
  • Earning My Ears - Minimal Posts: 0
  • Mouseketeer: Minimal Posts: 75
  • DIS Veteran: 500
As long as you don't change your "custom title" in your profile, these will change by default when reaching the appropriate number of posts. However, if you change your custom title yourself at any point, that over-rides the default. I'm not certain if the default automatically returns if you delete a custom title.

As long as you don't change your "custom title" in your profile, these will change by default when reaching the appropriate number of posts. However, if you change your custom title yourself at any point, that over-rides the default. I'm not certain if the default automatically returns if you delete a custom title.
Thank you.

I can verify that's true as I just hit DIS Veteran at 500.

Was curious about this, looks like you can just change it now instead of how it was on old boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!