• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Earplugs for kids

cookie2001

Mouseketeer
My friend's daughter who is 8, is sensative to loud noises asked me to ask you all this questions.

"When I've looked at ear plugs before, I haven't seen any that work well for kids. I've tried two kinds and even though they were labeled for kids, they were too big, clumsy for me to properly insert. Would anyone have specific ear plugs they recommend for an 8 year old?"

Thanks for any suggestions.
:)

My 8 yr olds are also sensative to noise. I've bought the wax kind that form to the girls ears. You just have to make sure to keep their hair out of the way.

I've also just put cotton in their ears. Seemed to work, and it was cheap!

Ear tubes at our house so we have tried everything, not for sound but for waterproofing. We like the Mack's Earplugs, Kidz Size... they come in a wild green, bright pink and orange and they fit in little ears great. I think they handle sound pretty well (i tried them one time and I couldn't hear a thing!) DD likes them because of the colors and you can reuse them a couple of times before the "sticky" wears off.
Good luck!

I also recommend the Macks kids ear plugs.
My 3 year old has tubes in her ears. I didn't like the plugs the doctor gave us. We have to keep water out of my daughters ears and she doesn't like loud noises. We buy them at Wal-mart, they ar ein the pharmacy section. They are about $3.00 for 12 of them and we reuse them 2-3 times. My daughter wears them when we go to the movies, if she doesn't wear them she covers her ears and cries the whole time. They do make a big difference on the sounds. I will be taking a ocuple of packs of them on our trip in a couple of weeks.

Jennifer
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Earplanes, which can be found at: http://www.cirrushealthcare.com/epfaq.htm

State that they are for ages 1 to 11. Although I think that is a very broad set of ages, we plan on using them this year for our youngun who is also sound sensitive. But from reading this thread, I will look for MAck's also. I cant hurt to have a back up plan;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter