Ears- Etsy or WDW

tubiemom

Earning My Ears
We are headed to WDW soon and I really want a fun pair of ears (I might watch a little too much of Tim Tracker and love all the ears Jen has) I am debating buying a pair off Etsy or just waiting until I get down there... what would you do? If you choose Etsy what is your favorite shop? If you choose waiting where do they have some cute ones at WDW? I want something cute but don't want to spend a ton as we only go down every other year.

Thanks!

It all depends on what you're looking for. They have a lot more cute ones at WDW than they used to - I especially like the 20s-ish-inspired set. That said, there is a much greater variety on etsy, especially for particular characters. Or you could always make some yourself - a sheet of felt from the craft store, some remnant fabric or other felt colours for accents, glitter or rhinestones if you want, and a headband. Doesn't even require sewing, just glue. I went a little crazy on the ears our last trip, and we ended up wearing very few of them but they were really fun and easy to make anyway.

I was really impressed by the variety WDW had last year. My favorite were the "fancy" sequined ones which I think were around $20

I got really excited when I saw this thread. I personally have two pairs from Etsy that I absolutely adore. I've got one from EndEARing ARTifacts (They're princess Leia themed). Those are a little heavy, but still adorable. Another I got from a newer shop called OhanaBowtique. These are Flower and Garden themed, light to wear for a longer period of time and STUNNING.

I have ears from WDW and Etsy, and I have to say for the uniqueness of Etsy's I'd say go for at least a pair. Just be careful with shipping times, some sellers tend to have longer times.

I saw gorgeous Ears in a youtube video Everything Disney Shopping. They are wearing some Etsy ears right in the beginning of the video.

Sadly all ear headbands give me a headache, so I have to admire them on other people.

I get mine at the parks. They are cheaper at the parks, especially with the shipping from Etsy shops. You can look on the shop parks app and see the ears they have and where they are and decide before you go!
I started buying mine in 2014 and have 5 pairs now that come with me every trip... lol

Just home from WDW and I was quite surprised at the great selection of ears. They have some really cute ones! This trip I got the sparkly traditional Minnie Mouse ears. Wore them most of the trip! Lots of fun!

I have a gorgeous pair of SCUBA Mickey/Living Seas inspired ears made by the ThreeLittleTinkers on Etsy! They aren't always open for orders, but their work is so beautiful and totally worth it if you can snag a spot when they open! Plus, they can create ears inspired by just about any character/movie/attraction you can come up with!

I just ordered a pair from Magicalearsfordays, on Etsy. Waiting for them to ship (ordered a couple days ago, heard back the same day from the person, thanking me for my order). She said she's a military wife, and has been doing them for herself for a year, and decided to give selling a try.

Ive been debating the same thing. I have decided to wait and just buy them at the park. The ones on etsy seem to be more expensive than the park and I don't know why but for some reason I just want the ears from the park. I guess just so I can say I got them from Disney World - stupids dumb I know lol and I honestly just love the minnie mouse sequin black and red headache.. they are just so classic and thats what I love. I think you will be able to find some at the park they have a huge selection

I've seen so many cute ones through Instagram... I haven't bought any outside of the parks, though. There is a rose gold sequined pair that I'm in love with that I will likely get for my elopement/honeymoon :)

I've bought from both WDW and Etsy and both have perks. You can find a lot of great, unique ears on Etsy you won't find in the parks. We were in WDW for Halloween last year and I got a pair off etsy that were black and white rose 'petals' with a white bow for my queens of hearts outfit. Etsy ones can be pricey, but I find the price fair considering someone is making them. My one tip is to order them early, and get clarification on when they will ship, especially if someone is making them once they are ordered.

Ears at the park are also great and easy, much easier to figure out what you like in person than online. Either way it's a lot of fun!

My girls and I have both. We love them all but the ones I got from theearemporium were so much more comfortable to all three of us. We were able to wear them all day every day of our vacation. On the other hand the Disney pairs were much heavier and felt tighter when wearing and quickly caused headaches for all of us. Our three pair ranged from $18 - $22. They were definitely worth it because we got much more wear out of them verses the Disney pairs we have. I plan on getting us each a different pair next for when we go next May.

There are a lot of cute ears at the parks, but I can never wear them for long because I find them to be too heavy and uncomfortable. I bought a pair off Etsy that were much lighter weight, and I could wear them for hours.

Just found this thread- thankyou for the recommendations- I always have the same problem, I loveee my Disney ones but can’t wear them all day because of headaches. The Etsy ones sound great! :)

As others said I've gotten GREAT ones off Etsy! Also from Amazon (just plain Minnie ears) but they're so comfortable!!
Bought some in the parks as well, light up Star Wars, can't go wrong there :)

I have a few WDW pairs, but I really, really love my Etsy ears. They're so special to me! Most Etsy shops produce some amazing quality ears that you can get custom for you. I also just love the uniqueness of Etsy-made ears! They always get a ton of compliments from CMs, and if you need a conversation starter for character meet and greets, they almost always say things about handmade ears.

This is my favorite pair, from TheKraftyMouse on Etsy!

DAdGo_2WAAAj-cV.jpg

I vote for ETSY. There are so many creative people out there. Some of those ears are gorgeous and unique. And it supports small business owners! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter