EAST, WEST, WHICH "HOME'S" BEST? A DL and WDW Trip--NEW 10/23/17--I'm back!! AK morning

Every step since accepting the offer has been a huge hassle, and I wouldn't be all that surprised if the buyer backs out

Ugh what a pain, I'm sorry. I hope that closing goes smoothly!

If we are going back in 2017, we need to be pretty budget-conscious, and Caribbean Beach is our best option. My kids LOVE this resort. Of course, the ideal week to go is likely excluded from FD; I'm going to check with our magical travel agent to see what she can do. Those tickets are actually discounted a fair bit, and come with a water park day, which sounds really fun. Will report back as I make plans, but my hope is to go for 8 days, 7 nights, either the week of Halloween or the second week in November. I'm only looking at places that sleep 5, because I'm REALLY hoping to bring my friend's son with us (the one who just passed away) as a fun distraction. I think he would have a blast, and he's never been!

That'd be awesome! It's been years since I did CBR but with the construction and all that they might be offering some good discounts? Love the theming and pools there though, I'm sure Aria would love it.

Cute family pic! The tree up top made me think it was still super dark or something (and the flash was lighting everything). IDK maybe my eyes playing tricks on me.

We were letting the kids tell us what they wanted to do, and they wanted to ride Barnstormer. So we did.

Love mornings at the MK like that - with the kids able to call on the plans!

Grady, however, was having his own private opening show moment. He was waving at everyone streaming into the park, and yelling out "GoOOOOOOD MORNING!"

Hahah that's so cute

so I guess he was just hungry?

Seriously this solves so many issues. Even with little Maya, when we get home from work/daycare she is fussy until dinner time, and sometimes I just have to plop her in the high chair and feed her non stop until dinner. It's ridiculous! I always have a bag full of snacks for this reason at Disney, as I can just grab something out (esp with the allergy thing) and the girls can relax and snack. Seems to work really well!

Hi there-- remember me???:wave2: Man, has it been FOREVER! The last month has been nuts, but for the first time in forevvvveeerrrr (see what I did there?:laughing:) things feel relatively normal, and I actually have time for an update! Now to dig waaaaay back in my memory! But first-- here's a progress shot of the new house-- almost there:rotfl2:
Digging out the foundation for the additionimage.jpeg

The kitchen-- minus a few components!image.jpeg

I have hatched a Disney plan, I think Adam is on board, and we are planning to book soon for a trip over Halloween. I love how just the prospect of a trip renews my motivation to write about this one-- so here we go!
*********************************************************************************************

We left off at the MK, having just hopped off the train in Frontierland. We hopped in the standby line for BTMRR, which was around 20 minutes. (I was saving our FP for that night,) and we were hoping to get lots done without FP this morning. The crowds were not terrible, but were building steadily. While we waited, I decided to check the MDE app to see what lunch options were available (remember, this was a bonus day for us, so I didn't have any ADR's since we were originally not scheduled to arrive until late afternoon!). LTT was available- Ooey gooey toffee cake, here we come! We hoped on the wildest ride in the wilderness, and took off!image.jpeg
It was COLD AND WET--I kept my poncho on.image.jpeg

We also rode Splash, which had no wait because it was raining, but we were already fairly wet so who cares?! I think we also took the kids to do one of the Pirate Adventure things in Adventureland, but I don't have a picture, so maybe we didn't? They love those, and would spend all day playing if we let them!

We headed back to Liberty Square. The stocks are second only to the sword in the stone as far as they are concerned....image.jpeg
And we caught a little bit of the Muppets show-- very cute! I'm less of a Muppets fan than the rest of my family, but this was pretty funny.image.jpeg
Then off to LTT for lunch! I had what I always order-- the Colony Salad and a side of French fries:laughing::laughing:. I love their steak fries, what can I say?! We also were smart and ordered two servings of Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. There is only so much sharing you can do with that stuff!

At this point, poor Adam was FREEZING, since he was wearing shorts and it was raining and 45 degrees. We decided it was time to head back to the room to warm up. We hopped on the monorail and were back at the Poly in no time, and our room was ready--hooray! We had booked a standard view through my favorite travel agency, and we had a neat view of the monorail zooming by. image.jpeg
Not super clear in this picture, but we were really happy for the room/value ratio here. The kids cozied up in bed and watched some Stacey, while Adam got his computer out and got some work done. We were still waiting for our luggage transfer, which had all our winter coats. It was SO cold at this point. I had hoped we would be able to swim, but that was NOT happening. image.jpeg
Instead, the kids and I headed off to the Grand Ceremonial House to give Adam some quiet for his phone call. I was also planning to hit up Trader Sam's, but it wasn't opening for another couple of hours, so we had some time to kill. We decided to mail a coconut home to the boys' best friends. As you do.image.jpeg
This was something exorbitant --like $30??!!-- but the kids thought this was hilarious. We poked around for awhile, and I think we got a pineapple swirl to share, although maybe not because it was so cold? Who knows! It's been awhile! Around four, our luggage finally arrived, and we decided to save Trader Sam's for another day, and to make dinner plans. Our FP were for Epcot, but I hadn't made an ADR (I never make ADR's on travel days, just in case we are delayed.) It was so cold and gross out, though, that a sit-down dinner sounded really good, so I hopped on MDE. We debated between Hacienda and Rose and Crown, but ultimately decided on R&C since we had never been.

It was at this point that I was REALLY regretting the fact that we had to move to Bay Lake Tower the next day. If you remember waaaaaay back, I had mixed up the dates when I rented points, and instead of renting for Sat-Sun nights, I had accidently reserved Sunday and Monday. The Poly room was just for this night, and then we were going to move to BLT for two nights, then Yacht Club for the rest of our vacation. We were so happy at the Poly, I was not looking forward to the small BLT studio, so I decided to just cross everything, wish for some pixie dust, and ask if there was anything the Poly could do for us.

I headed down to the lobby (we were in Raratonga, so RIGHT next to the GCH) and wandered over to the sweetest cast member ever, Becky. I explained that we were booked at BLT on rented points, but we would 1,000 times rather stay where we were, and even though I was pretty certain there was nothing she could do to help, it didn't hurt to ask, right? Imagine my SHOCK when she made a couple of phone calls and announced that we had a studio villa at the Poly for the next two nights!! I asked about fifty times if that was ok with the points rental, and she assured me it was. We had stayed in a Poly studio in 2015, and we REALLY like them. I was absolutely over the moon-- and my kids were SO excited when I told them. They are big, big fans of the rain shower, and I was SO glad we would have two beds for them, vs. squeezing into the pullout at BLT. I gave Becky a huge hug, and made sure to stop in later to fill out a card praising her above and beyond service.

I ran back to the room, we grabbed jackets, and headed over to the monorail for our second park of the day! We were all just on :cloud9:image.jpeg

Coming up....an EPCOT evening!

Last edited:
Hi! I love your house updates I get to see on FB <3

Aww too bad it was so cold, but you sure look like you're having fun regardless. What fun to have MK for lunch and then some relaxing time at the Poly before heading to EPCOT! Also nice to grab those last minute ADR's.

I think you definitely made the right decision by staying at the Poly - what awesome pixie dust. I really LOVE BLT, but the studio would definitely be too small for a family of 4 IMO. And why can't they make Trader Sam's open earlier?!?! It'd be so awesome to have as a lunch option!!

Sorry, I was SOOO far behind! But just did a lot of reading and have to head to bed, so only a few quick comments...

We enjoyed getting to experience the original magic of Disneyland-- that felt neat and special, but it just didn't speak to any of us like WDW. We don't know when we are going to be back in CA-- hopefully we will do a northern CA/ US 1/Big Sur trip in the not-too-distant future, but DL isn't really high on my repeat list. I wonder if others feel the same, or do you think I'm crazy? It's ok if you do! :smooth: Haha.
We are still WDW people, but I really loved DL and cannot wait to go back (not sure when?) For me, the ease of getting around was great, the new/different attractions are a novelty, the weather was better (on our trip, at least), and the old-fashioned FP worked quite well for us. And now, Izzy's tall enough for RSR (wasn't even 40" back when we went in early 2016, but she's 42" now), so I REALLY want to take her back again!

We discovered that right outside our room, a sand artist had been at work during the night, and this fabulous sculpture greeted us.
image-jpeg.218315
That is amazing!

Please send up prayers, well-wishes and good thoughts for her family, two sons aged 7 &10, and her impossibly devoted husband, and for us, too, as we work through this.
Wow, this is so sad! I hope her family (and your family) is coping well. :hug:

I was praying nothing happened as we zoomed through Disney with no car seats, no seat belts and pouring rain!
:scared: Yep, that would terrify me! Glad it worked out fine.

I headed down to the lobby (we were in Raratonga, so RIGHT next to the GCH) and wandered over to the sweetest cast member ever, Becky. I explained that we were booked at BLT on rented points, but we would 1,000 times rather stay where we were, and even though I was pretty certain there was nothing she could do to help, it didn't hurt to ask, right? Imagine my SHOCK when she made a couple of phone calls and announced that we had a studio villa at the Poly for the next two nights!! I asked about fifty times if that was ok with the points rental, and she assured me it was. We had stayed in a Poly studio in 2015, and we REALLY like them. I was absolutely over the moon-- and my kids were SO excited when I told them. They are big, big fans of the rain shower, and I was SO glad we would have two beds for them, vs. squeezing into the pullout at BLT. I gave Becky a huge hug, and made sure to stop in later to fill out a card praising her above and beyond service.
Woohoo!! The Poly really seems to be the place for magical upgrades! Glad it worked out. (Back in 2010, we did the same sort of thing and got to stay Club Level instead of moderate for the rest of our stay for way cheap. :thumbsup2)

Enjoying the report and looking forward to hearing more about future travel plans too. :goodvibes

We are still WDW people, but I really loved DL and cannot wait to go back (not sure when?) For me, the ease of getting around was great, the new/different attractions are a novelty, the weather was better (on our trip, at least), and the old-fashioned FP worked quite well for us. And now, Izzy's tall enough for RSR (wasn't even 40" back when we went in early 2016, but she's 42" now), so I REALLY want to take her back again!
I think part of it is there are SO many places in California we want to explore. We are close enough to FL that we go putter around periodically doing non-Disney things, but going to CA is a much more involved process. I'm sure we will be back, but I think our next trip we will focus on US-1 and N. CA. Izzy will LOVE RSR!!!

Wow, this is so sad! I hope her family (and your family) is coping well.
Thank you-- it's so hard, but we really do have an amazing village. They are all doing really well, considering. The boys are surviving and even thriving, and her husband is being stronger than I ever thought possible. It also helps that we are all able to continue to connect with her via her book, and that the book is shaping up,to be SUCH a big deal. At our Missing Mothers Day dinner with them yesterday we were talking about the book event with KATIE COURUC they are doing-- nbd. More info than you need in a Dis update, but it's pretty all-consuming for everyone, still.

I remember your Poly upgrade!! I still have dreams of something like that happening for us....haha!

Hi! I love your house updates I get to see on FB <3

Aww too bad it was so cold, but you sure look like you're having fun regardless. What fun to have MK for lunch and then some relaxing time at the Poly before heading to EPCOT! Also nice to grab those last minute ADR's.

I think you definitely made the right decision by staying at the Poly - what awesome pixie dust. I really LOVE BLT, but the studio would definitely be too small for a family of 4 IMO. And why can't they make Trader Sam's open earlier?!?! It'd be so awesome to have as a lunch option!!

The house-- what a project! I'm really excited about it and it's a great distraction, but I NEVER thought we would take on something like that, so it's still a little overwhelming!

We did have fun-- and we even managed to get some pool time in on this trip (I lounged, kids swam. It was never REALLY warm!). Since Jan crowds are so much heavier now, it's harder to justify going at that time of year because the weather really is unpredictable.

We LOVE the Poly. I didn't enjoy our first visit there at all, but it's really grown on me. It feels very vacation-y. I think it's off the table for our fall trip bc of cost, but I'm still planning some Trader Sam's and hang-out time there!

Update time! First off-- we have dates for our Fall trip! I really didn't think we could swing a trip this year since we are deep in the middle of a home renovation that's SO much bigger than we expected it to be, but I pulled out every trick I could find for saving money and maximizing credit card rewards, and I think it will happen! The fact that we actually have so many large and unusual expenses (like kitchen cabinets, plumbing fixtures, etc) for an entire house that are also already paid for via construction funding worked in our favor. After a crash course in credit card maximization, we are planning to combine a bunch of sign-up bonuses to put together a REALLY bang-up trip for less than a week at a value would be. (And just in case it's not clear, no, we are not running up debt! All of these costs are accounted for and paid off immediately!). Our current plan is for the boys and me to fly down Wednesday, 10/25 after school. Adam has a work event Wed-Fri afternoon that's out of town, so he will catch the 4:00 Friday flight down and join us. I'm waiting on SW to release their next leg of tickets before booking our return, but we will come home either Sat 10/4 or Sun 10/5. I haven't booked hotels yet since I'm waiting on discounts, but we are thinking the boys and I will stay at Pop on our arrival night, then transfer to another hotel for Th-Sat nights. I'm thinking about AKL, since we plan to focus on PANDORA!!! on this trip. The kids are insanely excited about this land (and who am I kidding, I am too!) I am also planning to upgrade at least my ticket to an AP for room discounts and to get a TIW card, and I'm hoping we will upgrade all the tickets so that we can squeeze in another trip or two in 2018. On Sunday we will transfer to the Dolphin (for the first time ever!) to be near F&W-- and because we can get 7 free nights with points! I am hoping we can get a room with a king bed and pullout sofa, since the Dolphin has double beds and those get cramped! The resort has been recently renovated and you can't beat the location, so I'm hoping we will really enjoy ourselves. I've started making ARD's, but of course the hot tickets like BOG lunch and ppo Crystal Palace are not available, so I'm doing a lot of checking on the MDE app and crossing fingers. We are going to be eating more QS than we have in the past, partially as a cost-saving measure (having a 10-year-old STINKS where buffets are concerned!!!) and also because we plan to spend lots of time at Food and Wine. So far I have a few must-dos books (BOG 8:05 breakfast, Via Napoli, Sanna, Kona breakfast, Skipper's Canteen and a Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose, which we love even though I know lots of people don't!) I'm also planning on one big splurge meal for the adults at BlueZoo, but not any other signature dining. I haven't bought MNSSHP tickets yet, either. We really love the party, and have been twice in the past, but I can upgrade 1.5 of our park tickets to AP's for the cost of four tickets (hello, Dis-inflation!) We are thinking about doing the cute (free!) activities at Ft. Wilderness instead, and watching Hallowishes on the Poly beach one night. I'm really happy we were able to find a way to pull this off-- a year without Disney was breaking my heart!

Last edited:

On to our January update! If you remember, we had just hopped a monorail for Epcot, where we had FP to use and a dinner at the Rose and Crown. It was really cold, but thankfully not wet at all. We were all bundled up because of the cold-- seriously, I was wearing Ugg boots and a heavy coat and I was still freezing. What's up, Florida?!

I had actually made FP reservations for Epcot tonight, anyway-- I'm a creature of habit, and I especially love when our first and last ride of the trip is Soarin'. I wish I liked the new version even half as much as the old, but for me, it just doesn't have the same magic. Regardless, that's where we were headed!

We also rode LWTL, which is a family favorite, as well. It's so soothing!

IMG_2781.JPG

From there we headed right towards the WS, stopping along the way for Grady's favorite--Figment! He LOVES that little dinosaur. Everyone else tolerated it.

IMG_1065.JPG

We headed into England and checked in at the Rose and Crown. The wait was really long-- like 45 minutes?-- so we took our pager over into the UK shops and wandered around.

IMG_2782.JPG
IMG_2783.JPG

JH colored a Duffy, and Grady and I tried to get the phone booths to work. I have read that you can call the booths, but all that ever happens when we try that is we accidently call random Florida residents.
IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_2784.JPG

Eventually our buzzer went off, and we headed back to our first meal at the Rose and Crown. We were seated RIGHT next to the bar area-- omg. It was SO loud. People were having a VERY good time. We were having a less good time than they were, for sure.
IMG_2785.JPG

I didn't write down what everyone had, but I do remember that this meal was fairly forgettable. It was not bad, per se, but it wasn't good, either. It was nice to be inside though, and the restaurant itself was cozy and cute.

IMG_1076.JPG

The kids did really enjoy their desserts, though!

IMG_1074.JPG

After dinner, we made our way back towards the front of the park. It was pretty crowded with all the marathon weekend folks. (This was the day of the cancelled half-marathon, and there were LOTS of people out running at all hours. It was kind of strange-- and a little annoying?-- because we kept seeing people out for a run in CROWDED parks over the next two days. Either that, or they were just REALLY late for their ADR's lol:-))

We wandered over to Spaceship Earth, where we had a totally unnecessary FP, and finished that up right before closing. We could hear Illuminations off in the distance. After our journey through time, we headed back to the monorail and to our warm beds at the Poly. I logged over 23K steps that day--whew!

IMG_1085.PNG

Last edited:
Two updates in one week?? Who even am I right now?! I've been so busy lately with work and the school garden at my kids' school (we serve 750 kids and my volunteer team is pretty small) but I'm taking a breather today and what's more fun to catch up on than trip reporting?!

As an aside, I got a bunch of messages from a friend who is down for the Pandora AP event, and he was telling me how incredible Flight of Passage is. I am SO EXCITED. We have four separate days scheduled at AK in Oct/November because I'm so excited about it.

So, back to January! We woke up in our comfy Poly beds, which were hard to get out of because it was REALLY cold out! But-- the Dark Side was calling us, so we summoned the Force and got up and ready. We called bell services to grab and store our luggage, since we would be in our new studio room that night. This was the Sunday of the WDW marathon, and although I'm fuzzy now on how we knew this (the Dis? Maybe an employee warned us?) we had heard that bus service would be really slow today. We decided it was worth the extra money to call an Uber and take back routes to Hollywood Studios. We saw loooooong lines of buses rerouted around the race route, but our driver (who thankfully had seat belts AND obeyed speed limits!) got us there in a few minutes for about $10.

I was really glad we did this, because we had a very important meet this morning-- Chewy and Kylo Ren! Jh especially is Star Wars obsessed-- this is all his own thing, and way predates him seeing the movies. Darth Vadar, in particular, has always spoken to him....parenting fail? He actually helped me shop for these cute shirts from Etsy, and was very excited to channel his inner bad guy.
image.jpeg

Chewbacca was NOT pleased with us. He kept pointing to their shirts and making his Chewy noises and pointing at us-- oops. (The shirts say "I find your lack of faith disturbing" and have a Vader head, in case you can't tell.). The kids posed proudly nonetheless. We also met Kylo Ren, but I cannot get that picture and video to upload, and our Photopass CD is lost somewhere in the moving chaos. Hopefully I can find it-- that was a fun meet, although more rushed than I expected.

After this meet, we spent (a lot. Omg. So much) time looking at all of the displays in the Launch Bay area. I will not lie-- I was a little bored. Or a lot bored. The kids were in HEAVEN though. image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpegHe's SO scary looking, right???:-)

They enjoyed playing with this BB8 a cast member had put out-- it was really cute.image.jpeg

You controlled it with an iPad-- of course the kids wants to blow ALL their souvineers dollars in here, but we told them to wait, since we had so many more days to shop. They still talk about wishing they had gotten the little RC Mouse Droid.

After this, we headed over to sign them up for Jedi Training Academy. Grady decided at the last minute he didn't want to do it, so JH signed up for a show after lunch. Grady spent time in the Indiana Jones gift shop next door-- he wanted the IJ whip (um, no!) but was very happy to get a rock specimen instead (he's VERY into,rocks this year. Geology is a big part of the fourth grade curriculum, and he's got a huge rock collection. Boys:-) )

Our next stop was Tower of Terror-- we had saved our FP for later today, and were riding things standby thi morning. This had a fairly long line, but we waited it out.
image.jpeg
Not sure what JH is doing here-- besides looking like the cutest little Seven Dwarfs version of himself.
image.jpeg
I need to find that PP CD-- I love the ride video you get as part of the package now!

We headed back towards the Star Wars area, where we rode Star Tours and nobody was the Rebel Spy and I only took blurry pictures, so you'll have to trust me on that one.

Next stop--lunch! We were trying Sci-Fi Dine In for the first time ever. It was really cute-- the kids enjoyed the free popcorn in the lobby while we waited, and I enjoyed the peaceful (dark!) meal.
IMG_1130.JPG
As for what we ordered--I'm going off memory, but in pretty sure Adam and I both ordered the salmon BLT-- but he might have gotten the Reuben? The kids had hot dogs, I think. It was another meal where everything was fine, although not amazing. Our server was very sweet, though, and brought the kids the little light-up Buzz toys even though we didn't order the specialty drinks.

After lunch, Adam and Grady headed off to ride Rock n Roller Coaster single rider, and JH and I went to wait for his Jedi Training show. image.jpeg
You can see he's still wearing gloves-- it was still cold, even though the sun was shining. Doesn't he look excited??image.jpeg
Once they got their robes, he really did get excited. I love that he's still little enough to get into these types of things. Grady is leaving this part of childhood behind so quickly-- it makes me sad!

I'll stop here, since I really need to find the PP CD for the next update, where the cutest little Padawan ever battles the Dark Side.

Last edited:
Just got caught up and enjoying the updates. I can relate to cold Disney. :cold: One of our trips contained a pretty major cold snap and we were wearing our MN winter gear in the parks. It definitely feels colder being out so much like at WDW vs. staying mostly indoors when it's freezing at home.

Hello? Hi? Remember me?! Oh, my gosh has it been forever or what?! Life has been INSANE this year-- I have barely been on the Dis since we got back from our January trip, but our house is finally finished and we are more-or-less moved in. Of course, the second my brain had a little space to start thinking about something else, it immediately switched to Disney. We were originally booked to go next week, but with construction taking much longer than expected, we decided it was best to wait until January and go back then, instead. So--we are booked for Jan 20-27, with our arrival night at Pop (hoping for a refurbished room!) and then 6 nights at the Beach Club!! Really hoping the weather will cooperate and we can use the pool; I've built in a lot of rest/relax time since we ended up so exhausted by our last trip where we were on the go constantly. I'm dying to see Pandora and ride FOP--really hoping we are able to score Fastpasses, but if not, we will be waiting in line. We are planning to upgrade our tickets to AP's, and are scheduled to go back during Spring Break and spend 5 nights at Coronado Springs. I'm not incredibly excited about the crowds, but we plan to do LOTS of relaxing and only do parks in the morning. Wish us luck!

Now back to January 2017-- we left off waiting for JTA to start. Unfortunately, our PP CD is still MIA, and I didn't take many pictures that day, and so I'm not really sure what we did afterwards. I think we went back to the Poly, visited Trader Sam's then went to MK for the evening, but since I'm not sure, I'm just going to jump straight to the next day, where I took lots of pictures!
image.jpeg

We woke up bright and early in our wonderful studio, and got ready to head to AK! This was the day my husband's conference started, but he was going to join us for the morning, then head off to the afternoon session. We were saving our FP to use that night. It was still pretty chilly this morning, but it warmed up nicely and was never really cold again this trip!

We started off with a safari-- it was FANTASTIC. All the animals were so active and we got to see so many. image.jpeg
African wild dogs (I think?)

image.jpeg

Look at the lion! They weren't walking around, but all of the lions were awake and watching us. image.jpeg

The cheetah was up and very visible this morning.image.jpeg

It was a great start to our day! We headed over to Asia to ride EE, which I think I sat out (I don't like the backwards part!) The gibbons were frolicking around and having a lot of fun.image.jpeg
I love these things! From there we headed to Dinoland, where my kids pleaded to ride Primeavel Whirl. I hate spinning, and we'd never done this ride before, but I caved and we hopped in line.image.jpeg

They were excited! The line was pretty long-- I think it took close to an hour to finish the ride, which is WAY longer than this ride deserves. Blech, I did NOT like it! I'm sure we rode Dinosaur, but without the PP CD there's no proof! By then it was time for an early lunch. I was really excited to try something brand new to us--TIFFINS!

This did NOT dissapoint. This restaurant was so wonderful. It's beautiful, so soothing and relaxing and a really nice break from the park. We had amazing service, and the food was DELICIOUS. Some of the best food we've ever had at Disney!image.jpeg
The restaurant had just opened for the day, but there were some folks enjoying Nomad Lounge.image.jpeg
A namesake tiffin-- I really liked the displays here.image.jpeg

The kids enjoyed looking at everything while we waited for our table.

(Cont next post)

We were seated in the room with the totems, which were really neat. The server told us they are carved by one family, and that it takes a full generation to complete. We all thought this was a really well-done restaurant.image.jpeg

I didn't take a ton of food pics, but I remember what everyone had because it was so great. I started with the lobster bisque, which as one of the best soups I've ever had. Absolutely delicious!!!image.jpeg

Adam and I both got the pick two lunch option; I had the octopus (good but not incredible) and the tamale, and Adam got the crudo and tamale. He didn't love the crudo, but the pork dish was really good. The standout at this meal (besides my soup) was the kids' food. They both got the steak with the Peruvian potatoes. Y'all-- this steak is WAYGU. For real-- they STILL talk about it. It was insanely delicious, and the potatoes were just incredible. Very crispy with amazing flavor. We have booked a lunch again in January! We skipped dessert because we were STUFFED, and then Adam headed off to the conference and the boys and I wandered back towards the park entrance. image.jpeg

We headed back to the Poly, where it was warm enough for the kids to get in the pool and for me to enjoy lounging poolside.image.jpeg
There us nothing more relaxing than sitting at that pool staring off at MK in the distance. We stayed for a couple of hours, and the kids went down the slide a bunch. I love that slide, and went down right before we left, but it was FREEZING!! We hustled back to the room, took our showers and lounged around waiting on Adam to get back. It was a wonderful day!!

Up next--dinner, FP+ and MK EMH!

Last edited:
Hey, welcome back! I'm glad you were finally able to move into your house - that looked like quite the project!

Hah, I'm with you on Primeval Whirl - HATE it! But yum for Tiffins! I can also relate to the Poly pool when it's chilly out - we've done that a couple times - brrrr!

Oh, and yay for your January trip (and APs...and Spring Break) - lots of fun ahead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter