Easy way to resize a bunch of photos?

Araminta18

DIS Veteran
Pretty much what the subject says--is there a tool or a way to easily resize a bunch of photos? All mine from my phone are huge and I want to resize them for my trip report, but one at a time could take a while.... :)

I have no affiliation with the company, just for disclosure...I needed a resizer I could use outside of my main desktop where I have advanced editors installed - I wanted something I could put on my netbook or work computers that was quick and easy and free - I found FastStone's resizer, and have used it for many years. It's very simple in that you can batch resize (up or down), choose from many different types of resizing algorithms or let it choose the best - plus you can even do some basic batch editing such as adding sharpening to all the resized photos which sometimes is needed when resizing loses a little sharpness. And you can also batch rename...it's pretty quick in my experience. If you want to try:
http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
It's freeware for home users. It will allow you to save all the resized photos as a separate and new file, so you don't damage your originals. If you're trying to resize them right on the phone and not using a computer, I'm not sure about apps that do this - I think Faststone is just to be used off a computer/laptop type device.

I have no affiliation with the company, just for disclosure...I needed a resizer I could use outside of my main desktop where I have advanced editors installed - I wanted something I could put on my netbook or work computers that was quick and easy and free - I found FastStone's resizer, and have used it for many years. It's very simple in that you can batch resize (up or down), choose from many different types of resizing algorithms or let it choose the best - plus you can even do some basic batch editing such as adding sharpening to all the resized photos which sometimes is needed when resizing loses a little sharpness. And you can also batch rename...it's pretty quick in my experience. If you want to try:
http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
It's freeware for home users. It will allow you to save all the resized photos as a separate and new file, so you don't damage your originals. If you're trying to resize them right on the phone and not using a computer, I'm not sure about apps that do this - I think Faststone is just to be used off a computer/laptop type device.

I've used Faststone also and it's very user friendly!

awesome! I googled but found a bunch that seemed...sketchy. A recommendation is a big help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter