Easy WDW?

houseofmouse5

Mouseketeer
I like to look over the crowd calendar at Easy WDW. The last crowd calendar that is posted was for April 2017. Did Josh quit posting those?

I don't know what happened with the EasyWDW calendars? :confused3 I've also been checking Kenny the Pirate's site for our next trip.

For what it's worth, I've used calendars in the past and arrived at a park with projected "low crowds" only to strongly disagree with the assessment once I arrived.

I certainly still look at calendars (Undercover Tourist and Kenny currently) but find that rope drop and a solid plan that includes optimizing FP/standby makes almost any day infinitely more pleasant and manageable, crowded or otherwise. Taking a break midday when the masses truly come out in full force helps, too. A few days of my trip are estimated as 4/10 crowd levels, but I'm still going to plan as if it's always 10/10.

Kenny’s are worthless. Even on more crowded days lines might be the same as less crowded days bc of staffing, like less trains running on big thunder or only one side of dumbo running. Crowd calanders are simply no longer useful.

Touring plans at least has a data model for theirs. Kenny’s are literally just him guessing and enjoying all the clicks.

Josh has maintained that touring style has more impact on how much you can accomplish and I have to agree. Lines, for whatever, increase late morning/afternoon. EMH lore holds true, with afternoon/evenings busier than non-EMH days. Crowds are more and more consistent throughout the year with holidays being the highest. Also, the calendars change the "crowded-ness" of their number rating. A 5, 5 years ago isn't the same as a 5, today.

When you're at a Value in a nearly empty Hollywood Studios bus line on a Monday morning and the MK queue is at least 2 buses long, you don't think of crowd calendars as "worthless." Especially when that keeps happening over the course of the week and subsequent trips.

I'd rather use a good plan at a less busy park.

It's also the easiest way for me to keep up with things like marathons, party days and special events so I know what to avoid.

Last edited:
Kenny’s are worthless. Even on more crowded days lines might be the same as less crowded days bc of staffing, like less trains running on big thunder or only one side of dumbo running. Crowd calanders are simply no longer useful.

Touring plans at least has a data model for theirs. Kenny’s are literally just him guessing and enjoying all the clicks.

You couldn't be ANY more wrong.

When you're at a Value in a nearly empty Hollywood Studios bus line on a Monday morning and the MK queue is at least 2 buses long, you don't think of crowd calendars as "worthless." I'd rather use a good plan at a less busy park.

It's also the easiest way for me to keep up with things like marathons, party days and special events so I know what to avoid.

You don't think that's more about those parks than how accurate a crowd calendar is? :teeth: I don't think they're useless and LOVE that extra "you chose wisely" feeling when they jive with my plans. However, the lay person can come up with good info when they know what criteria to include. Even during crowded times or busier park days, one can minimize the impact with early morning touring and hopping.

Disney has frustrated a lot of people by waiting until the last minute to finalize hours.

I just had a look at @kennythepirate calendar... He looks pretty good, and I've studied all the calendars. I think part of the problem is that Disney taking advantage of how flexible people are now, and are driving people to the 'low crowd' times. My trip beginning of May is listed as 'lower crowds' but Disney know this already and is offering their 'fun and sun' package on those dates.

You don't think that's more about those parks than how accurate a crowd calendar is? :teeth: I don't think they're useless and LOVE that extra "you chose wisely" feeling when they jive with my plans. However, the lay person can come up with good info when they know what criteria to include. Even during crowded times or busier park days, one can minimize the impact with early morning touring and hopping.
You must know there are better days to visit certain parks. How many times have you seen first timers just pick all EMH parks regardless of if they'll take advantage? Or pick the Wednesday between Xmas parties at MK because of the longer hours?

Of course there are criteria and for most people crowd calendars make that easier to figure out.

You couldn't be ANY more wrong.

I can understand arguing over the value and accuracy of your crowd calendars (though obviously others find them both useful and accurate), but then going on to claim that you're only doing this because you "enjoy all the clicks?"

Are you supposed to hate each and every click? :laughing:

When clicks are your only compensation for your labours, and represent the appreciation of the many people who visit your site and make use of your calendars (and presumably find them helpful), why not enjoy them?

I find Kenny's crowd calendars invaluable. I am a loyal subscriber and plan my multiple trips a year around his. I feel they are extremely useful or I wouldn't subscribe. Specially since I don't meet characters.
You may not agree but the accusations you made seem like a personal attack.

Now, that is just uncalled for. You can question the accuracy of it all, but don't attack the person. Especially one that has been so helpful to many travelers to WDW. Not cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!