Eat and drink till we drop! An Adults Only Trip! - Updated 12/30 & Completed

That’s lame your Uber has to drop you off at the lobby! I know when I took a taxi when staying at Coronado and Carribean Beach and All Stars. I was able to get them to drop me off at my building group.

Food always doesn’t taste as good once you are full! At least your last drinks look lovely

Go now! They are young enough that they won't really be able to really be mad, and then they will think it is "normal" And I was really worried that the girls would be really mad, but they took it pretty well.

I will definitely try this argument!

I feel like all of the drinks at Homecomin are all pretty strong and good!

So I was wrong. I looked it up and there WAS moonshine in my drink! It must not have had a strong taste!

So, the biggest differenence is Guardians has all of the pop music in it, It feels like a party while you are riding. You still bounce and drop but it is just fun.

That sounds like a lot of fun!! We need to make it to Disneyland before long.

I love that you could take your time at the F&W booths! The feta cheese sounds amazing.

Glad you guys got to enjoy some more food offerings from the festival and grab a couple beloved drinks on your Epcot afternoon.

I wasn't a huge fan of the grand marnier slush either. Definitely prefer the La Vie En Rose for F&G!

Looks like you all certainly got the most out of Food and Wine. Are you planning on doing Festival of the Arts at all when you're down there in Feb? Think we may do it on the last day (which i think is Monday)

Are you planning on doing Festival of the Arts at all when you're down there in Feb? Think we may do it on the last day (which i think is Monday)
I think we will go on our arrival day, and then we don't go to EPCOT again till I want to say the next Friday. I had planned it for the end of the trip, hoping it would be Flower and Garden.

I think we will go on our arrival day, and then we don't go to EPCOT again till I want to say the next Friday. I had planned it for the end of the trip, hoping it would be Flower and Garden.

I was hoping for flower and garden too, but it looks like we'll miss it by just a week!

Ok, I think I am all caught up but I may have missed some. Anyway, hope you had a great holiday and hopefully we can meet up again in March!

Hi Everyone!!!! I hope everyone had a great holiday! I am finally recooperating from all the December fun. I had wanted to finish this before Christmas, but that clearly didn't happen. I think this will be the last post for this trip as I didn't take a whole lot of pictures. We were just enjoying our last evening.

Day Two: An Evening In Magic Kingdom

While we were relaxing in the room, we discussed what we wanted to do for dinner. We tried to get a reservation for Skipper Canteen but they were all kind of late times. We debated going to Sanaa for dinner but we did want to head into Magic Kingdom a bit. So, we decided to go to our favorite resort, Wilderness Lodge! When talking about it, Andy was talking about eating at Artists Point and I was talking about eating at Geyser Point. Andy was antsy to get over there as he thought we would need a reservation and I kept telling him we wouldn't. And I was in no rush because I knew Geyser Point was walk up only. We eventually got moving and called an uber. We did have to walk all the way to the front to pick it up. But we were at Wilderness Lodge in no time!

Wilderness Lodge Welcoming us home
We got out of the car and I immediatley felt at home!

WL Lobby It might be because we have stayed here the most, but we just love this resort! And just being there felt so nice. We both commented on how much we loved this resort.

Once we were there, we realized we had been talking about different resaurants! Oops. Both do have point in the name... :confused3 . But we decided that Geyser Point was ok. We went into the Resort store and poked around. I wanted to get a new Wilderness Lodge mug but was afraid I would break it walking around the rest of the night. So, I sadly decided not to get it. Andy did get a Wilderness Lodge T-Shirt that I crammed into my crossbody bag.

We headed over to Geyser Point, and were told the wait was like 40 mintues, maybe. We put out name on the list, and headed to the bar to get a drink. We talked about going somewhere else, but just decided to wait it out. The bar was packed with people but we eventually got drinks.

I got my favorite drink here:
Black Cherry Mule
Black Cherry Mule

Black Cherry Mule

Zodiac Black Cherry Vodka, fresh Lime Juice, and Agave Nectar topped with Fever Tree Ginger Beer

I love this drink. But I think the manager made this first one for me, and it wasn't quiet right. Don't worry I drank all of it. :)

I don't have a picture of Andy's drink and at this point I don't remember what he ordered. Some sort of mixed drink...

We grabbed a seat on the stone wall by the water and just relaxed, and people watched. There was CM decorating some of the boats for a birthday party or something. And we speculated how much that would cost. Eventually we got a text that a table was ready for us.

Unfortantly we were on the inside side of the bar, but we didn't want to wait longer for a table. So we took it. We had a GREAT waiter! He was the perfect amount of attentive, yet left us be.

I knew that I wanted to try the Brisket Appatizer. So we ordered that to share.
Brisket Dip

Cheesy Barbecue Brisket

with House-made Chip

This was SOOOO good!!! I could have had a larger potion and just had that for dinner. It was cheesy and BBQ sweet but not too sweet. Or at least not for me. I do perfer by BBQ sweeter than spicy.

We both ordered another drink, and I decided to try something else since my Mule wasn't quiet up to par.

Blueberry Drink
Huckleberry Punch
44° North Mountain Huckleberry Vodka, Bols Crème de Cassis, fresh Lemon Juice, and Cranberry Juice

I think this is what I had... Or maybe it just isn't on the menu online? I thought it was a Blueberry something or another...

It was good. Andy got a Vodka Tonic, which used to be his drink of choice before children.

We usually split entrees at places like this but Andy said he was extra hungry and I really wanted the crab cake Sandwich and Andy wanted a burger. So, we each got our own meals.

Crabcake Sandwich
This is the Crab Cake Sandwich. Which is apparently not on the menu anymore. Which is sad as this was a solid sandwich. Not the Best Crab Cake I have had but still very good.

Andy went with the Brisket Burger:
Brisket Burger
He said this was really good. I don't think I had any, so you will have to take his word for it.

But the winner of the meal... those waffle fries!!! They sprinkled cornmeal on them and it added a nice extra touch. We both loved them. We seriously could of had brisket dip and waffle fries and been happy I think. Or at least I would have been.

Sometime during the meal, I did order one more drink. I went back to my Black Cherry Mule and it was mixed MUCH better this time. I am totally blaming it on the manager who made it instead of the actual bartender. The atmosphere at Geyser Point was really nice, you could tell there were some folks who came down each night and had gotten friendly with the bartenders. It's just a nice place to chill.

We wrapped up dinner and headed to Magic Kingdom.
Ferry Ride
We got to take our favorite way to travel to MK, boat. I think we got lucky on the timing of one pulling in, and we were on our way!

Halloween Pumpkin
We got to see some of the halloween decorations all light up!

So, I have to admit, I really don't remember what we rode and didn't ride, as I took no notes for this trip and I don't seem to have any pictures.

It looks like we headed to Tomorrowland first.
Tomorrowland
And we rode the people mover.

People Mover
I think after that, we headed towards Haunted Mansion. (Maybe I had gotten us a fastpass for this). The fireworks had started as we were making our way over, which actually made it kind of hard to work our way over, as people were just standing in the middle of the walkway watching.

I do remember standing waiting to get into the stretching room, and Andy's parents were texting him about how the girls wouldn't go to sleep again and how Morgan was having an allergy attack. His parents have a cat which Morgan is allergic to. She is fine usually and the worst she gets is sneezy and watery eyes. So, we told them to have Morgan shower to get all the cat dander off of her. Well, that turned into this big thing because Andy's mom didn't want her going to bed with wet hair.. Oye! It was just silly all around.

I want to say we went and rode Big Thunder Mountain after and then headed into Adventureland. I am pretty sure I grabbed a fast pass for the Jungle Cruise and when we got there, the fastpass line looked longer than the standby line. We debated what to do. Decided to go with the FP line, it HAS to be shorter, right? NOPE!!! I am almost positive people in stand by were getting on faster than the FP folks! This happened to us once before, and I am not sure if it is a JG thing, a late at night thing, or what. But I am not sure I will grab JG FP any time soon.

And that folks, ends our evening! I want to say the park was closing around now, or we were just too tired, or maybe we went and did more rides, I really don't know. I do know that we did head back to the hotel at somepoint. Crashed. Packed up and had a very early ride to the airport the next morning.

We had planned for a early-ish flight home to get back, so Andy's parents could get home at a decent time. (Which they ended up staying all afternoon and expected to get feed instead, but that is a different story) and so Andy could get ready, as Monday he started his new job!

It was a great first Adults only trip for us! And luckily Andy really enjoyed it. And it totally in for doing it again next year! We want to try and get a couple of our friends to come with us but we will see, one pair is getting married and the other "might" go with there kids in December, so I am not sure that is in the cards. BUT I def know we will be going one way or another! Woo Hoo!!

Thanks everyone for following along! I hope to get back to my Disneyland Trip Report and finish that up before we head to the World at the end of February. We will see!

Love Wilderness Lodge too. Unfortunately, we were unable to get a room there for our Feb trip but we have dinner reservations at the Snow White dinner in Artist Point. I think I wanna try Geysers Point for a drink and app beforehand. That brisket dip looked yummy.

Glad you enjoyed your adults only trip.
The brisket appetizer looks great
Thanks! The Brisket was really good! And slightly different, something you can't see everywhere. Which I like.

Love Wilderness Lodge too. Unfortunately, we were unable to get a room there for our Feb trip but we have dinner reservations at the Snow White dinner in Artist Point. I think I wanna try Geysers Point for a drink and app beforehand. That brisket dip looked yummy.
I think a drink and the Brisket Dip sounds perfect! I am hoping we can stay at WL next December when we go. I think it would be really nice to see it with the tree and all. I should probably look and book it now!

This is one of my absolute favorite things to eat in Disney!
Glad to hear someone else agrees!

The food looks yummy! I would love to try the brisket dip!
You and Andi should go sometime. It would be a nice break from Magic Kingdom sometime. I know you aren't big drinkers when you are with her, but it's a beautiful location!

Wilderness Lodge Welcoming us home
We got out of the car and I immediatley felt at home!
That is such a wonderful feeling isn't it. All of Disney feels like home, but there is something truly magical about Wilderness Lodge that makes it feel all the more welcoming.

We headed over to Geyser Point, and were told the wait was like 40 mintues, maybe.
Yikes! We'd never eaten here because I was worried about how crowded it got. Apparently the answer is a lot.

Oh, this looks like chip and dip perfection! Whenever we finally get there these will need to be eaten.

But the winner of the meal... those waffle fries!!! They sprinkled cornmeal on them and it added a nice extra touch. We both loved them. We seriously could of had brisket dip and waffle fries and been happy I think. Or at least I would have been.
Yum!!!! The fries look and sound incredible.

And that folks, ends our evening! I want to say the park was closing around now, or we were just too tired, or maybe we went and did more rides, I really don't know. I do know that we did head back to the hotel at somepoint. Crashed. Packed up and had a very early ride to the airport the next morning.
Looks like you all had a great night, even if you had to do some parenting remotely.

It was a great first Adults only trip for us! And luckily Andy really enjoyed it. And it totally in for doing it again next year! We want to try and get a couple of our friends to come with us but we will see, one pair is getting married and the other "might" go with there kids in December, so I am not sure that is in the cards. BUT I def know we will be going one way or another! Woo Hoo!!
I still can't believe you pulled this one off. I'm pretty sure our next adults only trip is 10 years off, but at least I'll get some girls adult time in May.

WL Lobby It might be because we have stayed here the most, but we just love this resort! And just being there felt so nice. We both commented on how much we loved this resort.
Aaah I'm so excited to stay here! Everyone says such good things about it! :)

LOL I was actually going to comment that I'm sure the burgers were great but the waffle fries look amazing! :D

I do remember standing waiting to get into the stretching room, and Andy's parents were texting him about how the girls wouldn't go to sleep again and how Morgan was having an allergy attack. His parents have a cat which Morgan is allergic to. She is fine usually and the worst she gets is sneezy and watery eyes. So, we told them to have Morgan shower to get all the cat dander off of her. Well, that turned into this big thing because Andy's mom didn't want her going to bed with wet hair.. Oye! It was just silly all around.
Ah, family drama :)

Yay! I'm glad you guys had such a great trip! Hopefully you get to go again soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter