Eat at Home 3!

Rest of my week
Monday - BLTs, Corn on the Cob, Strawberries/Blueberries
Tuesday - Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb with Fresh Rosemary and Garlic, Red Wine Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Sliced Plums
Wednesday - Sliced Lamb Gyro Bowls (Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Tzatzki) over White Rice, Sliced Peaches
Thursday - Leftover Lamb or Bacon (if any left) Baked Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, Sliced Oranges
Friday - Frozen Pizza with Added Roasted Veg (Onion, Pepper, Mushroom), Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Fresh Fish Dinner (TBD - kids want to try a crazy one from HMart, so we'll probably do an Asian soup with this)...

Lamb went over HUGE this week - 3 meals from one semi-boneless leg:)...ended up making a Lamb Curry using the bone and last meat (with white radish, radish leaves, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and onions) in the crockpot Thursday, but stuck to the plan otherwise. Forgot we have guests over tomorrow, so we are going grab some quick fast food before having guests over for games and dessert (so we don't wreck our gaming table)...so, on to next week's plan:)...This is the week I roast the giant chicken and make some meals:)...

Sun - Citrus Roasted Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Sliced Strawberries
Mon - Chicken Club Sandwiches (with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Mayo), Baked Hashbrowns, Sliced Oranges
Tues - Chicken Soft Taco Bowls, Refried Beans, Sliced Mango
Wed - Cheeseburgers (with Bacon if any leftover), Baked Fries, Sliced Nectarines and Plums
Thurs - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, White Rice, Roasted Broccoli, Homemade Fruit Muffins (fruit TBD)
Fri - Out (older 2 will not be here for dinner, so we'll go out on a cheap Groupon:)...
Sat - BBQ at Mom's House - I'm bringing homemade vanilla and chocolate dipped pretzel rods

Saturday -Ds and Dh riding their bikes to ribfest one town over. As much as that sounds like fun :crazy2: ...I will stay here and have soup or something easy and less meaty lol.

Sunday- Going on an outing with my parents and sister and eating while there. Dh and Ds will fend for themselves.

Monday- Hamburgers, salad , baked zucchini fries

Tuesday- Chicken Gyoza, Fried rice with egg and broccoli and carrot and peas

Wednesday - Crockpot chili (something else for ds who won't eat chili)

Thursday- Pork Chops, Oven baked sweet potato , salad

Friday - Homemade pizzas

Getting back on track with this!

Sunday: Honey teriyaki chicken drumsticks w/ rice and veggies
Monday: Brazilian black beans w/ rice and garden salad
Tuesday: BBQ chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans
Wednesday: Dinner out - family birthday
Thursday: Mongolian beef w/ rice and green beans
Friday: Macaroni and cheese w/ grilled veggies
Saturday: Date night out

It's been a while since I posted on here as work was really hectic and I was working crazy hours, but I did manage to make meals at home during those two weeks. This past week we were visiting DS at his base in Florida so we ate out every night as a treat- hey, we were on vacation and I did budget for it! We did stay on base in a one bedroom with a pullout couch for younger DS to sleep on, and it had a full kitchen so we were able to do breakfasts and lunches in the room. (Can you believe it was only $73 a night including the pet fee for bringing our dog? They have beach access on the base too so that was wonderful.) I am ready to get back to normal eating at home though!

We grilled some tonight so we have things for the week.

Sun (off): hot dogs, fries, and coleslaw
Mon (7-5): grilled shrimp wraps with watermelon
Tue (off): grilled turkey sandwiches with chips and carrots
Wed (1-10): chicken taco salads
Thu (5-2): Hawaiian sliders with pineapple
Fri (1-10): beef ragu pasta
Sat (1-10): leftovers

Back from vacation and back to a regular routine! I only know what we are eating for the next couple of days so far but here's the plan:

Mon-chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese sammies, fruit and carrot sticks
Tues-cheesy shrimp and rice casserole with spinach
Wed-steak and potatoes, broccoli with cheddar sauce
Thurs-meatballs and mashed potatoes with beef gravy, corn, peas

I haven't posted in a long time and need to get back into the habit.

Saturday - "Big Mac" salad. Bacon cheeseburger on kale with tomato, pickles and special sauce.
Sunday - veggie day, fresh tomatoes, sautéed okra, zucchini, and roasted cauliflower.
Monday - spaghetti on zoodles
Tuesday- omelettes and leftovers
Wednesday - chicken crust pizza & kale salad
Thursday - garlic herb pork roast & whatever veggie is in sale
Friday - cabbage kielbasa stir fry

Here is the upcoming plan. After this, I have 3 days and then vacation time!

Tonight: Leftovers from the lunch they provided us at work so roasted chicken, salad, and rolls

Sunday: Hamburgers, potato salad, corn on the cob

Monday: 9-5 L/O

Tuesday: 9-5 Mixed vegetable curry with rice

Wednesday: 9-5 L/O

Thursday: 9-5 BLnoT add avocado sandwiches and pasta salad

Friday: 9-5 L/O

Saturday: Pan fried tilapia, pasta, and roasted broccoli

Sunday: Vegetable stir fry and rice

Monday: 9-5 L/O

Tuesday: 9-5 Steak, baked potato, and roasted brussel sprouts

Wednesday: 9-5 Chicken/mushroom/pepper/onion fajitas with black beans and rice

Thursday: 9-5 L/O

Saturday: Asian Salmon with rice and broccoli

Ended up grabbing take-out one night DH and I both had to work late, but it was from a place that sponsors DS's high school band and is donating meals to the kids a couple times during their band camp, so I felt good supporting them! This week's plan:

Sun (10-8): honey bbq chicken and fries
Mon (8-5): chef salad
Tue (1-10): beef ragu pasta
Wed (off): turkey pesto pizzas on naan
Thu (off): green enchiladas
Fri (8-5): homemade salami and cheese pockets with fruit
Sat (1-11): my work is providing food since it's crazy tax free sale weekend, DH and DS will grab something

We have an odd week coming up.

Monday: Beef burrito casserole https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/10/beef-burrito-casserole/
Tuesday: Ziti with red sauce and meatballs from the freezer, freezer garlic bread, salad
Wednesday: I have my late night at work. Leftovers
Thursday: Slow cooker cafe rio chicken http://www.simplyhappenstance.com/cafe-rio-copycat-crockpot-chicken/, black beans, rice, carrot sticks and ranch
Friday: I have my make up work out class. Leftovers
Saturday-Sunday: at my inlaws FL house

Back from a weekend trip to mom's...she sent me home with leftover food, so not planning til Wed for the week, but here's the next 2 days, using the leftovers and fresh produce from my brother's garden...
Sun - BBQ Leftovers
Mon - Frozen Pizzas, Leftover Chick-Fil-A Fruit Salad, Leftover Celery Sticks and Cherry Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing
Tues - Stuffed Bell and Cubanelle Peppers (using leftover carmelized onions, leftover pepperoni, garden tomatoes, mozz, and bread crumb), Fresh Tomatoes with Balsamic and Chives, Double Blueberry Muffins, Fruit Smoothies

Last edited:
The countdown is on for our upcoming vacation! 24 sleeps to go. There will be ZERO eating out before the trip .. no fast food, no restaurants , no coffee stops. I'm also using up what I have on hand in the freezer and such. I like to do this before vacation to sneak some of the grocery budget into trip spending, and also to come home to a clean pantry and freezer and start stocking up again :).

So..
Saturday was nachos.. we were out all day and it was easy to make when we got home.
Sunday outing again.. Dh and ds ate where they were, I had a sandwich. Didn't feel like cooking.
Monday-BBQ sausage, baked potatoes, salad
Tuesday-Wraps (seasoned beef, veggies, cheese, sour cream)
Wednesday- pork dumplings, veggie and egg fried rice
Thursday- BBQ chicken, hash brown casserole, garden salad, green beans
Friday- spaghetti bolognese
Saturday - Homemade pizza

Mon-ham and swiss stuffed chicken breasts with broccoli, kids had mac and cheese
Tues-butter chicken, broccoli, fruit, kids had naan pizzas
Wed-steak and broccoli for the hubs, grilled cheese and fruit for the rest of us
Thurs-DD birthday party (out of town): beef tacos, tortilla chips, pico de gallo, cilantro lime shrimp tacos, sundae bar
Fri-retirement dinner for my parents, I'm bringing roasted potatoes
Sat-family reunion, no idea what menu is, no food assignment that I know of
Sun-burgers and mac and cheese, salad or whatever veggies/fruit we have in house (home again)

Back from a weekend trip to mom's...she sent me home with leftover food, so not planning til Wed for the week, but here's the next 2 days, using the leftovers and fresh produce from my brother's garden...
Sun - BBQ Leftovers
Mon - Frozen Pizzas, Leftover Chick-Fil-A Fruit Salad, Leftover Celery Sticks and Cherry Tomatoes with Blue Cheese Dressing
Tues - Stuffed Bell and Cubanelle Peppers (using leftover carmelized onions, leftover pepperoni, garden tomatoes, mozz, and bread crumb), Fresh Tomatoes with Balsamic and Chives, Double Blueberry Muffins, Fruit Smoothies

Rest of Week
Wed - Homemade Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper with fresh tomatoes and caramelized onions, Fresh Strawberries, Mango Banana Smoothie
Thurs - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, White Rice, Coleslaw, Plum Nectarine Smoothie
Fri - Leftovers (Girls out for birthday dinner with friends)

Last edited:
Theme of the week is eating up everything in the fridge/pantry before vacation!!

Monday: Scrambled eggs with cheese and tomatoes, (frozen) hash browns
Tuesday: Meatballs from the freezer, corn, mashed potatoes, green beans
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, tomato soup
Friday: leaving for vacation and eating on the cruise!:cloud9::love:

I'm also trying to use up some things in the fridge, freezer, and pantry for this week's meals.

Sun (9-6): fajitas with guacamole (DH is cooking up the meat)
Mon (7-5): leftover turkey in a big salad
Tue (off): green enchiladas
Wed (1-10): meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Thu (7-4): pineapple glazed pork chops with rice
Fri (8-5): ham/shrimp bbq pizzas

Going to try some very different, never done dishes this week...plus going to have some quick prep or crockpot meals for camp week
Sat - Fresh Yellowtail with Lime and Ginger (cooking totally in skillet - 1st time for this fish for me), Frozen Pork Dumplings, Coleslaw, Fresh Strawberries
Sun - Birthday dinner (TBD)
Mon - Crockpot Korean-Marinated Chicken Thighs with Baby Bok Choy and Green Onion, White Rice, Blueberries
Tues - Chicken Soft Taco Bowls with Red Lettuce and Orange Baby Tomatoes, Sliced Chinese Pears
Wed - Crockpot Chicken Stew (Chicken, Carrots, Onions, Kabucha Squash, Potatoes), Red Lobster-style Biscuits, Baby Green Grapes
Thurs - Frozen Pizza, Red Leaf Lettuce and Tomato Salad, Fruit Smoothies
Fri - Leftovers (Camp has its final show with refreshments, so thinking no one will eat much)

Sunday - grilled steak, cheesy cauliflower, tomato salad
Monday - chicken meatball omelette, tomato salad
Tuesday - Grilled steak taco salad
Wednesday - chicken crust pizza & green salad
Thursday - egg roll in a bowl
Friday - ham and cheese loaded cauliflower casserole, green salad
Saturday - zuchinni lasagna, green salad

Some small changes to this upcoming week, but nothing drastic. I am doing well with making my dinners but I am not doing well with eating what I bring to work for lunch. Which has gotten very expensive since the staff cafe is not up and running yet (when it is, I can eat there for $3). I need to really do better with that!

Sunday: Steak, baked potato, and roasted brussel sprouts

Monday: 9-5 Vegetable stir fry and rice

Tuesday: 9-5 L/O

Wednesday: 9-5 Chicken/mushroom/pepper/onion fajitas with black beans and rice

Thursday: 9-5 L/O

Saturday: Asian Salmon with rice and broccoli

Saturday: kung pao shrimp with rice
Sunday: Senate navy bean soup
Monday: twice cooked pork with rice
Tuesday: ham and cheese scalloped potatoes with salad
Wednesday: korean stir fried pork w/ veggies and rice
Thursday: seafood gumbo

Have only been planning a few days in advance, need to do whole weeks again!

Sun- we had a late snack on the road and then grilled cheese after a 5hr drive home from the ILS
Mon- sausages, steamed carrot and green peas. Onion gravy if I can work up the willpower
Tues- vegetable korma and rice
Wed- pulled pork in the slowcooker
Thurs- pasta bake
Fri- pulled pork bao buns and slaw
Sat- leftovers, DH is driving back up to ILS to pick up our new car so will probably take the kids out shopping and grab a late lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter