Eat at Home 3!

Sunday - Family Dinner - TGIFriday's (with rewards it only cost $25 including tip)
Monday - Monthly dinner with Friends (Ruby Tuesday)
Tuesday - Hamburgers, zucchini, sauteed mushrooms
Wednesday - L/O
Thursday - Spaghetti & meatballs
Friday - Seared Scallops with Garlic Cream Sauce, edamame
Saturday - DH and DD both working - so L/O for me

S- smoked chicken drumsticks, potatoes, corn cobbs and green beans
S- eggplant moussaka
M- pork fillet, greens and kumera
T- sate tofu stirfry, quick and easy after swim squad
W- homemade pizzas
T- baked beans or ramen, I'm out and we go away the next night.
F- away, grandparents are babysitting!

I got 18 pounds of bone in chicken breast for $12 this week. Sale, plus loyalty coupon. Yay Kroger! I am prepping it all tomorrow and making stock.

Chicken tacos
Beef tacos
Mesquite chicken fancy salad
Spaghetti
Chicken and dumplings
Chicken fried rice
As close to Wendy’s harvest chicken salad as I can get

I have lots of freezer okra and zuchinni I want to use up. The bags are odd shaped and keep sliding everywhere.

I only need corn tortillas, salad greens, and walnuts to complete this menu.

Menu Plan - week of September 22
Saturday- hamburgers, coleslaw, baked beans
Sunday - ziti, salad
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - grilled chicken Asian salads
Wednesday- taco casserole, asparagus
Thursday - wings, veggies/dip
Friday - eggs over spinach , bacon, grits

back from Disney it was a fun but extremely hot vacation filled with up and downs but lots of memories until next time

Monday: pork roast with rice and veggies
Tuesday : homemade Mac and cheese with corn bread
Wednesday : drs appointment and late food shopping leaves kids fending for themselves :) mom and dad date night while kids are at awana
Thursday: not sure yet but have meatloaf as a back up more to come later

We are officially booked for our second Disney cruise in October of next year!!!! :sail:pixiedust: We are taking an 8 night cruise to Puerto Rico, Antigua, St. Kitts and Disney's Castaway Cay. We are so excited. We have not been to the parks since 2016, and our last cruise was in 2014. So, with the cruise to pay off, that means it is definitely time to kick back into budget mode!

Our menu this week...

Wednesday:
White Chicken Chili (https://butterwithasideofbread.com/30-minute-white-chicken-chili/)
Jiffy Corn Muffins

Thursday:
Korean Beef Bowls (https://damndelicious.net/2013/07/07/korean-beef-bowl/)
Jasmine Rice

Friday:
Corned Beef Hash
Steamed Cabbage

Saturday:
Jambalaya (family recipe)
French Baguette

Sunday:
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16352/slow-cooker-beef-stroganoff-i/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringContentType=Search)
* I do LOTS of tweeks to this particular recipe
Egg Noodles
Fried Okra

Monday:
Spaghetti (hubby makes homemade sauce)
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Beef Tacos
Refried Beans

We are officially booked for our second Disney cruise in October of next year!!!! :sail:pixiedust: We are taking an 8 night cruise to Puerto Rico, Antigua, St. Kitts and Disney's Castaway Cay. We are so excited. We have not been to the parks since 2016, and our last cruise was in 2014. So, with the cruise to pay off, that means it is definitely time to kick back into budget mode!

Our menu this week...

Wednesday:
White Chicken Chili (https://butterwithasideofbread.com/30-minute-white-chicken-chili/)
Jiffy Corn Muffins

Thursday:
Korean Beef Bowls (https://damndelicious.net/2013/07/07/korean-beef-bowl/)
Jasmine Rice

Friday:
Corned Beef Hash
Steamed Cabbage

Saturday:
Jambalaya (family recipe)
French Baguette

Sunday:
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/16352/slow-cooker-beef-stroganoff-i/?internalSource=hub recipe&referringContentType=Search)
* I do LOTS of tweeks to this particular recipe
Egg Noodles
Fried Okra

Monday:
Spaghetti (hubby makes homemade sauce)
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Beef Tacos
Refried Beans

Yay for cruise! I’m trying to talk the hubs into a transpacific cruise on NCL. I am not being very successful.

Yay for cruise! I’m trying to talk the hubs into a transpacific cruise on NCL. I am not being very successful.

Oh, we have already talked about using NCL next time we cruise, SO much less expensive. The only reason we are cruising with DCL this time is that it is to celebrate DD's senior year of HS, and she was set on DCL. Our besties are sailing with us, and we are all talking about a Panama Canal cruise with NCL in 2020. Transpacific, though...THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!

Oh, we have already talked about using NCL next time we cruise, SO much less expensive. The only reason we are cruising with DCL this time is that it is to celebrate DD's senior year of HS, and she was set on DCL. Our besties are sailing with us, and we are all talking about a Panama Canal cruise with NCL in 2020. Transpacific, though...THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!

I would love to do a DCL cruise. I have ten vacations planned for next year, he just needs to choose the one he is most interested in so I can get it booked. It’s hard having an over analyzing hubby sometimes.

I had a menu change. DD went with Nana to McAllister’s for after church lunch and she got one of their massive potatoes. She has talked non stop about it.

I recreated it for three people for $5.13. Her potato was $7. She said mine was better. THIS is why we eat at home...over $20 for the family to eat potatoes.....no thanks.

I'm a little late posting for the week, but here goes:

Sun (10-7): leftovers, which helped clear out the fridge
Mon (8-5): frozen southwest eggrolls since it was just DH and I
Tue (off): Cajun salsa burgers with broccoli salad, plus I grilled other meats for the rest of the week
Wed (1-10): Asian glazed grilled chicken with seasoned faro and green beans
Thu (1-10): grilled pork chops with baked apples and baked beans
Fri (8-5): grilled chicken spinach salad

updating after food shopping yesterday

Thursday: meatloaf roasted potatoes and asparagus

Friday: Roasted turkey breast will turn into thanksgiving sandwiches

Saturday: Chicken noodle soup

Sunday Shepards pie

Monday: American chop souy

Sunday - Lemon Pepper Fish with rice and green beans
Monday - Spaghetti with Caesar salad and garlic bread
Tuesday - Beef Stew
Wednesday - Grilled Sausages with fries
Thursday - Ground Turkey Tostadas
Friday - Homemade Pizza

Was cooking at home, but missed posting a few weeks:)...here goes...
Sun - Lamb and Lentil Korma Crockpot Stew (Onions, Celery, Carrots, Chinese Eggplant), Strawberries
Mon - Leftover Stew, Banana Chocolate Muffins, Green Plums
Tues - Shrimp and Grits, Non-Traditional (it will probably be my lemon butter garlic shrimp over a parm butter grit), Coleslaw, Sliced Apples
Wed - Sausage, Eggs, Blueberry Muffins, Red and Green Grapes
Thurs - Spaghetti and Meatballs, Green Leaf and Tomato Salad
Fri - Roasted Potato Bar (Roasted Broccoli, Cheese, Butter, Sour Cream, Crumbled Bacon, Fried Onions), Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

We ended up doing leftovers Fri. night so I have one carryover meal. This week:

Sun (off): grilled chicken spinach salad
Mon (8-5): root beer pork chops with squash & zucchini
Tue (1-10): shepherd's pie
Wed (off): chili beer glazed steak, Caesar corn, and cheesy bread
Thu (8-5): basil mint chicken soft tacos with beans
Fri (1-10): herbed pork chops and potatoes
Sat (8-5): evening wedding so we get to eat there

I let the kid choose the menu this week.

Chili baked potatoes, okra
Chef salad
Beef and bean burritos, salad
Chicken pesto pizza, salad
Sausage, bell pepper, mushroom pizza, salad
Vegetable lomein
Beef lomein

I will only need to grab fruit, cream, chili, salad greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, flour, and broccoli.

This will be a short week for us. Our menus run Wednesday to Tuesday, and this week we will be leaving late Friday night for our fall beach vacation.

Wednesday:
Grilled Steak
Twice Baked Potatoes
Salad
French Bread

Thursdsay:
Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad (thanks for the idea Sydney2977 :rolleyes: )

Friday:
Stuffed Baked Potatoes (bacon, sour cream, cheese, butter, chives)

Here are dinner plans for our week at the beach (in no order at all):
Takeout Pizza (sunset beach picnic)
Low Country Boil (fresh shrimp from the seaside market)
Tacos
Fresh Fish Ceviche (we have never made this, but DH wants to give it a shot) with salad and crusty bread
Grilled Burgers
Dinner out somewhere with my cousin and her family (who live not far away from our condo)
Clean the fridge of leftovers on the last night there

Last edited:
Ok, another week, another menu

Sunday- was every man for himself, but I made my 14 year old dumplings, ham, and sliced veggies.
Monday- Shepards pie, I made two.. one for the three vegetarians and one with meat for ds, French bread, sliced peppers
Tuesday- Lentil Soup in the slowcooker with homemade bread and salad, leftover ham and potaoes for ds
Wednesday- Veggie Burgers/ Chicken Burgers , salad, sweet potato fries
Thursday- Egg/Veggie/Pineapple fried rice for three of us, and we will have to see for ds14.. he is getting 4 wisdom teeth out and may not eat anything solid for several days
Friday- Buffalo Tofu Penne. We used to use chicken. I'm not too excited about the tofu as a replacement because I think it will be too soft. I'm not sure what would replicate the texture in this dish though and we all love it.
Saturday- Lots of deep cleaning and house chores on this day so we will have to see. I am not opposed to ordering pizza

Ok, another week, another menu

Sunday- was every man for himself, but I made my 14 year old dumplings, ham, and sliced veggies.
Monday- Shepards pie, I made two.. one for the three vegetarians and one with meat for ds, French bread, sliced peppers
Tuesday- Lentil Soup in the slowcooker with homemade bread and salad, leftover ham and potaoes for ds
Wednesday- Veggie Burgers/ Chicken Burgers , salad, sweet potato fries
Thursday- Egg/Veggie/Pineapple fried rice for three of us, and we will have to see for ds14.. he is getting 4 wisdom teeth out and may not eat anything solid for several days
Friday- Buffalo Tofu Penne. We used to use chicken. I'm not too excited about the tofu as a replacement because I think it will be too soft. I'm not sure what would replicate the texture in this dish though and we all love it.
Saturday- Lots of deep cleaning and house chores on this day so we will have to see. I am not opposed to ordering pizza

Is this recipe close to what you made for the formerly Buffalo Chicken Penne? https://whitneybond.com/whats-for-lunch-buffalo-chicken-cheesy-penne/

If so, rather than looking for texture from tofu, I might add shredded carrots and celery late in the cooking process (or even on top for crunch) and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles at serving time...If I was going crazy, I might even try sprinkle toasted chopped pecans, since they work really well with blue cheese and buffalo wing sauce (not as sure about pasta, but that's experimenting for you:))...I agree the tofu probably wouldn't work for me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter