Eat at Home 3!

Stuck to the plan this week except DS had to work a double Wed. so I heated up frozen taquitos for DH and I and made guacamole to go with them, and one night we did leftover "buffet" to clear out the fridge, so we have 2 carryover meals. I'm going shopping after work tomorrow sine I'm working the weekend too and only need a few things since I planned around things I already have in the fridge and pantry to use up.

chicken tamale bake
shrimp panzanella salad
Hawaiian sliders with fruit
gyros with veggies
BBQ cornbread pizza
Southwest eggrolls (1st attempt to make these so hopefully they work out!)

Another successful week of sticking to the plans!
We are slowly working through the freezer and pantry, so the grocery bill is hiking up a little bit each time, but still cheaper than eating out because no one has supper plans in mind!
The weeks plans:
Thursday BBQs and chips
Friday pizza night (cheating with frozen lol)
Saturday - our of town for school shopping - DD asked to do a picnic lunch so will be taking stuff for that, and then plan on eating out for supper.
Sunday eggs and pancakes for lunch, grilled chicken legs and pasta salad for aupper
Monday goulash
Tuesday steak and eggs
Wednesday Mac n cheese and hotdogs

Not fancy by any means, but it keeps the kids happy :)

On a side note the hubby is looking to do a job transition - his current employer does not show any appreciation for the work he does and that gets old - and he has a new prospect to talk to already tomorrow, so here’s hoping that goes well and pays well if it works out :genie:

I have the next few days planned.

Tonight: french dip sandwiches in the slow cooker, and waffle fries
Tomorrow: taco stuffed peppers (vegetarian) and yellow rice
Monday: Work event, food will be provided
Tuesday: Budget Bytes Wonder Pot link here
Wednesday: Leftover pasta with side salad

I have the next few days planned.

Tonight: french dip sandwiches in the slow cooker, and waffle fries
Tomorrow: taco stuffed peppers (vegetarian) and yellow rice
Monday: Work event, food will be provided
Tuesday: Budget Bytes Wonder Pot link here
Wednesday: Leftover pasta with side salad

How do you make the French dip sandwiches in the slow cooker? Thanks

Saturday: Broke down and ordered Chinese. We never eat out but for some reason I was craving it.
Sunday: Spicy Chicken Rolls, Fruit Salad
Monday: Beef and noodles, sauteed green beans
Tuesday: Spicy chicken sausage, broccoli, potato casserole
Wednesday: Enchilada Casserole
Thursday: Buffalo Chicken, sweet potato wedges
Friday: Frozen Pizza

Just got home from caretaking mom in hospital for weekend (that was my trip)...exhausted, so very thankful I had bought a Diya mac and cheese to try when it was on sale...it's not great, but it was serviceable, and after a weekend of hotel breakfasts and pretty much no calcium (b/c I can't have dairy, and convenience foods and hotel breakfasts really miss on other calcium alternatives:)), it was a godsend...and an easy meal with almost no prep....priceless. I had that while I made Kraft Mac and Cheese for rest of family, and I paired it with the last of the watermelon in the fridge and a watermelon, plum, and apple smoothie (and a cup of almond milk for me extra, b/c calcium:))...gonna plan the rest of the week tomorrow, but everyone's fed, and I'm ready to lie down and watch tv and veg...

Okay, Tuesday's plan is a clean out the fridge Lamb Shoulder Stew with last week's veg and strawberries and blueberries (spouse ran to Aldi's last night, so those are new) and Pillsbury crescent rolls. In the stew, I threw hawaiian purple yams, korean onions, carrots, and celery with some open beef broth and open coconut cream and rosemary, thyme, s&p...I wanted red wine, but we don't have red wine...and I'm feeling the weekend...so hopefully, this all becomes like a creamy meaty broth at the end...and if not, my spouse knows the weekend was tough, so he probably won't complain:)...

Probably gonna go day by day this week, and just use what we have before a real grocery trip this weekend...

Edit for Wed/Thurs/Fri...

So, the Tuesday stew was great...and with going to my mom's, we decided on low key for anniversary yesterday...so this is what we did...

Wed - Aldi's Chicken Fillet Sandwiches with a Dairy-Free Chocolate Fondue and Fruit (my 1st dairy free fondue - dairy free chocolate bars, coconut cream, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and some vanilla...and you have fondue - it worked great with the pineapple, banana, apple, and strawberries we had...plus the marshmallows, b/c you have to be a little bad).
Thurs - Beef and 2 Bean (Great Northern and Black) Chili with Tortilla Chips, Avocado, Cilantro, and Cheese (for those who can have it), Watermelon Plum and Banana Smoothies
Fri - (Out all day) Chili Dogs, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Another Smoothie or Salad
Sat - OUT (Gonna actually celebrate the anniversary somewhere cheap and low key)

Last edited:
Wow, what a busy week it has been! I work at a university, and faculty returned to campus this week. We have had meetings all day, every day. :crazy2:

Last Night:
Manwich
Chips

Tonight:
Grilled Burgers
Chips

Friday:
Bean Burritos
Fruit

Saturday:
Curry Chicken
Basmati Rice
Naan

Sunday:
Tator Tot Casserole
Gluten Free Strawberry Cake

Monday:
Spaghetti
Garlic Toast

Tuesday: (my birthday)
Mom and Dad are having us over for a Birthday Dinner. :-)

How do you make the French dip sandwiches in the slow cooker? Thanks

Hi!
Finely shredded roast beef (from deli) about a pound, good for left overs! Ask for it to be finely shredded
Provolone cheese (half a pound)
1 can beef consume
1 can French onion soup
Hoagie rolls (or whatever roll you like)

In slow cooker, everything but cheese and roll. Cook on low for 6 hours. Toast the roll (we do it in the oven and then put the cheese on toward the end until it melts). Assemble onto sandwiches.

This coming week. Not sure what days. Just got back from Publix.

Next Saturday we are going to engagement party, this is for during the week with a day of leftovers somewhere.

Rotini pasta, red sauce, turkey meatballs, mozz cheese and Caesar salad

Chicken marinated in Caesar dressing and baked (we do this often, it’s easy and works so well), Alexa waffle fries

Slow cooker salsa chicken, Mexican off Cobb street corn

Pancakes, eggs, blueberries

Last week DS brought dinner home from work one night and another night DH had to work an evening shift so we did leftovers, meaning two carryover meals this week. I'm going to grill stuff for the other meal's tonight.

BBQ cornbread pizza
Southwest egg rolls
Caribbean jerk chicken with pineapple and rice
steak salad
turkey spinach & pesto alfredo
lemon pepper pork chops with green beans and crescent rolls

Just got home from caretaking mom in hospital for weekend (that was my trip)...exhausted, so very thankful I had bought a Diya mac and cheese to try when it was on sale...it's not great, but it was serviceable, and after a weekend of hotel breakfasts and pretty much no calcium (b/c I can't have dairy, and convenience foods and hotel breakfasts really miss on other calcium alternatives:)), it was a godsend...and an easy meal with almost no prep....priceless. I had that while I made Kraft Mac and Cheese for rest of family, and I paired it with the last of the watermelon in the fridge and a watermelon, plum, and apple smoothie (and a cup of almond milk for me extra, b/c calcium:))...gonna plan the rest of the week tomorrow, but everyone's fed, and I'm ready to lie down and watch tv and veg...

Okay, Tuesday's plan is a clean out the fridge Lamb Shoulder Stew with last week's veg and strawberries and blueberries (spouse ran to Aldi's last night, so those are new) and Pillsbury crescent rolls. In the stew, I threw hawaiian purple yams, korean onions, carrots, and celery with some open beef broth and open coconut cream and rosemary, thyme, s&p...I wanted red wine, but we don't have red wine...and I'm feeling the weekend...so hopefully, this all becomes like a creamy meaty broth at the end...and if not, my spouse knows the weekend was tough, so he probably won't complain:)...

Probably gonna go day by day this week, and just use what we have before a real grocery trip this weekend...

Edit for Wed/Thurs/Fri...

So, the Tuesday stew was great...and with going to my mom's, we decided on low key for anniversary yesterday...so this is what we did...

Wed - Aldi's Chicken Fillet Sandwiches with a Dairy-Free Chocolate Fondue and Fruit (my 1st dairy free fondue - dairy free chocolate bars, coconut cream, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and some vanilla...and you have fondue - it worked great with the pineapple, banana, apple, and strawberries we had...plus the marshmallows, b/c you have to be a little bad).
Thurs - Beef and 2 Bean (Great Northern and Black) Chili with Tortilla Chips, Avocado, Cilantro, and Cheese (for those who can have it), Watermelon Plum and Banana Smoothies
Fri - (Out all day) Chili Dogs, Baked Sweet Potato Fries, Another Smoothie or Salad
Sat - OUT (Gonna actually celebrate the anniversary somewhere cheap and low key)

So, I'm actually back to planning this week - I got some great produce deals from Aldi's and great protein deals from Safeway, so it should make for a good week...

Sun - Ground Beef Tacos (with Korean Pepper and Onion), Guacamole, Lettuce, and Cheese (for the dairy eaters), Refried Beans, Strawberries and Blueberries
Mon - Manwiches with Sauteed Enoki Mushrooms, Onions, and Jalapenos, Baked Fries, Pomegranate and Peaches
Tues - Dairy-Free Indian Butter Chicken with Roasted Vegetables (Chinese Eggplant, Chinese Long Squash, Onions, Tomatoes) - I have a spice mix with no dairy, and I'm gonna try a new vegan butter and some coconut cream and rice milk to get it "right", Baked Onion Naan, Clementines and Plums
Wed - Dairy Free French Toast, Sauteed Fruit (Strawberries and Bananas, I think), Dairy Free Whipped Cream and Chocolate Syrup, Sausages
Thurs - Dairy-Free Vegetable Pot Pie (any leftover sausage or chicken will be the base here - aldi's pie crust for top:)) - celery, carrots, onion, green beans, etc, Roasted broccoli, More strawberries and blueberries
Fri - Frozen/Convenience Meal Night or Leftovers - Right now, it will be Dumplings and Samosas with Smoothies
Sat - OUT

DH pretty much only eats salads for dinner so this is just for DD and myself.
Saturday: No one was home but me so I had some nachos
Sunday: Baked Chicken Thighs, pasta salad, zucchini fritters
Monday: Walking Taco for DD, FF refried beans and brown rice for me
Tuesday: Pasta for DD, Sauteed Zuchinni & mushrooms for me
Wednesday: Homemade Chicken tenders, baked beans, salad
Thursday: Frozen pizza
Friday: Lentils, black bean, mexican dish

It's been a long time since I've posted here, but I'm back now as I always get such good ideas. Things around my house have drastically changed because DS headed off to college this week. He's 6'4" 285 lbs, so learning how to cook without him in the mix will be interesting. As school starts for DD and our days are more structured, it's a great time to really plan things out. Maybe it will help me save needed money for the surprise Disney trip I'm hoping to take the kids on over Christmas break.

This week is a bit crazy but I'm going to try my best to make some good meals:
Tonight we have a school event where pizza will be served.

Tomorrow we'll go to visit our son at college and move him from the football camp dorm to his permanent dorm. We'll eat our meals out.

Wednesday we are all home. I'll grill some steaks and have baked potatoes, fresh corn-on-the-cob and cottage cheese. Yum!

Thursday I have meetings all evening so I'll throw some burgers on the grill when I get home. I'll serve them with fresh grilled zucchini and marinated grilled mushrooms.

Friday is our first high school football game - DD is a cheerleader - so I'll throw together something quick before the game for DH and I. I'll probably do grilled chicken breasts, fresh broccoli and pasta salad.

Saturday I'll do a marinated pork loin on the grill. I'll serve it with some grilled veggies (whatever I have left in the fridge) and some rice.

As you can tell, I try to use the grill everyday during the months when there is no snow!

Man, oh man, what a busy week!!!

Wednesday:
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Fruite Smoothies

Thursday:
Beef Broccoli
Jasmine Rice

Friday:
Chicken Caesar Salad

Saturday:
Chicken Biryani
Naan

Sunday:
Dinner at Friends' House

Monday:
Smoked Sausage Hash
Fried Cabbage

Taco Tuesday:
Taco Bake
Pineapple

Tonight: spaghetti squash enchilada boats (skinnytaste recipe)
Wednesday: pasta carbonara and salad
Thursday: eggs, cheesy hash browns, bacon
Friday: homemade Mac and cheese, salad
Saturday: leftovers
Sunday: slow cooker cafe rio chicken (1.5 pound
Chicken breasts, half a bottle Italian dressing, 1 tablespoon each chili power and cumin, a punch of salt and 1/2 cup chicken broth), Alexa waffle fries and leftover salad

Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Baked Chicken Legs, watermelon, spinach artichoke dip
Monday: Chicken wraps, chips, fruit
Tuesday: Hamburgers, leftover fruit, and baked beans, cauliflower tots
Wednesday: Mexican casserole
Thursday: Frozen Pizza

This semester is WEARING ME OUT!!! Thankfully, we are headed to the beach for our long weekend. Life has been so freaking busy since the start of summer, and we are in DESPERATE need of this little getaway.

Wednesday:
Soup
Grilled Cheese

Thursday:
Chicken Biryani (carry over from last week)

Friday: (Leaving after work for the beach, so I am packing food we can eat while driving.)
Sandwiches
Chips

Saturday:
Beach

Sunday:
Beach

Monday:
Traveling home from the Beach

Taco Tuesday:
Oven Tacos
Watermelon

Monthly plan went down in flames. I’ve been sick and the hubs can’t cook. So back to the weekly planning we go.

1. Lime chicken, corn on the cob, broccoli salad (https://www.recipetineats.com/lime-marinated-grilled-chicken/)
2. Asian beef, rice, carrots (https://www.recipetineats.com/asian-beef-bowls/)
3. Fancy salad, kale, carrots, broccoli, ham, cheese...just a clean out the fridge salad.
4. Chicken salad sandwiches, more green salad
5. Tikka Masala, rice, cucumber salad
6. Spaghetti, and green beans
7. Breakfast, biscuits and sausage gravy, eggs

Back home from vacation and a budget:). I hit Hmart yesterday to load up on fresh produce...and my spouse will hit Aldi's today while I have my kids swimming to get the rest of the house needs. I actually kinda know the produce more than the proteins at this point, but let me try to make a menu. We also start learning this week, with it hitting full gear with all activities next week, so it will be a transition:)...

Sun - Hamburgers, Corn on the Cob, Tomato/Onion/Cucumber Salad, Raspberries (99 cents a pack - the one thing I LOVE about this time of year:))
Mon - NY Strip Steaks ($4.99/lb - gonna have to buy this) with Carmelized Dairy-Free Onions and Enoki Mushrooms, Baked Potatoes, Sliced Ginger Gold Apples with more Raspberries
Tues (1st day) - Steak Fajitas (splitting the steak pack) with Onions and Mini Bell Peppers, Loaded Black Beans, Clementines
Wed - Honey Mustard Baked Chicken, Roasted Cabbage, Sliced Nectarines and last of Raspberries
Thurs - Dairy Free Indian Chicken Tikka Masala (with added roast veg - carrots, onions, tomatoes, maybe some cabbage), Dairy-Free Naan, Clementines
Fri - Leftovers and/or Frozen Food Night - Right now, it will probably be the Aldi Chicken Breast Fillets turned into Chicken Sandwiches with Lettuce, Tomato, Dijonaise, Baked Dairy-Free Onion Rings, Green Salad, and Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

Last edited:
I realize I didn't post last week's menu, but we did stick to eating at home. We're not sure what is going on with Dorian or how it will impact our ability to shop next weekend, so we went grocery shopping for two weeks worth of food yesterday. The store was crazy busy and already running out of stuff. I brought DH along so he could pick up anything he thought we might need that I may overlook. He sticks stuff in the cart like gummy bears and beef jerky! I drew the line at the huge tub of cheese balls! This is why I don't "let" him grocery shop with me normally. I plan to grill stuff tonight and have other meats in the freezer that we can take out and cook on the camp stoves if we lose power. We've got a generator too so I'm not worried about food going bad. He's the plan, in no particular order:

burgers with corn on the cob
hot dogs with chips & dip and fruit
teriyaki chicken bites with cheesy bacon Ranch fries (DS makes these at the restaurant he works at so he can make them at home too)
taco salad
eggrolls
homemade pizza
Philly cheesesteak sandwiches with veggies
soft tacos
green enchiladas
meatball subs with fruit
teriyaki chicken (grilling a double batch so I'll just need to reheat these) with broccoli and rice
Frito pie

If anyone is in the storm's path stay safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!