Menu Plan - Week of 10/5
Saturday- Tikka masala with chick peas over rice
Sunday - spaghetti
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - Thai red curry
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - salad / baked sweet potatoes
Fri - Monday: out of town

they just opened up a brand new Costco right by us (the other one was about 45 min south) and it is AMAZING!!! Have fun, can't wait to share favorite finds.

So I ended up going tonight and was very overwhelmed. This trip I got mostly personal care and cleaning products, but I did get some ribeyes and salmon. The 3 pack of ribeyes gave me 6 steaks that are 8oz each (or a bit more) and the salmon gave me 6 entree sized fillets and 2 slightly smaller fillets that will be good for a salad or vegetable bowl where it is not the main star. So I am stocked for awhile on those! I also grabbed some Starbucks Hot Cocoa mix since I had to toss what I had due to it having milk in it. This stuff does not have milk in it and needs to be mixed with some, but I can use almond milk for that.

The issue with food stuff is that I live alone so I don't want to buy a lot of it because it will just go bad before I get to it. Especially stuff like produce. If it can be packaged and frozen (like meat) then that works well.

Now this weeks menu:
Breakfast: Baked apple pancake and yogurt
Lunch: Rainbow Veggie Pad Thai with Chicken
Dinner:
Saturday: Ribeye steak, baked potato, roasted zucchini
Sunday-Wednesday: Garlic and herb grilled shrimp, spaghetti with tomato sauce, mushrooms, peppers, and onions, salad, and bread
Thursday-Friday: BLT eggs sandwiches and roasted broccoli

Got off track on Tuesday and never really got back but we did’t eat out!

Taco Tuesday
Planned:
Steak fajitas
Pinto beans
Mexican rice

Reality
Steaks on grill
Baked potato (DH picked up on the way home from work.)
Salad

I accidentally thawed out the wrong package of steaks, they were too nice for fajitas so we grilled instead.

Wednesday
Planned:
Pasta bolognese
Salad

Reality:
Steak fajitas
Refried beans
Mexican rice

I had already prepped the rice, beans and veggies so we had Taco Wednesday

Thursday
Planned:
Grilled ham slices
Butter beans

Reality:
Turkey sloppy joes
Carrots/dip

I accidentally left out a package of ground turkey when rummaging for the fajita steak so I cancelled the ham and made sloppy joes with the turkey.

Friday
Planned:
Chicken tortilla soup

Reality:
Pinto bean soup (leftover beans)
Spinach salad with smoked chicken
Cornbread

I had a lot of beans leftover from fajita night so I made pinto bean soup. I served the leftover smoked chicken I was going to add to the soup over a salad.

Saturday
Chicken paillard on grill
Smoked sausage
Sweet potato fries (DH)
Salad (me)

I'm a little behind getting this up, but still cooking. We went apple picking this weekend and brought home a BUSHEL of apple (no joke, I have about 55 lbs of them:)). My kids have a goal to eat through most of them in the next 10 days, so I don't need to do a large apple sauce cook...but we'll see. We've already made scratch apple butter, scratch dairy-free apple oat cookies, and scratch dairy free cinnamon apple muffins...and today, I have dairy-free fried apples going...here's the rest of the week...

Sun - Crockpot Cocktail Meatballs (homemade dairy-free 91% all beef meatballs with heinz 57 and an all fruit organic grape spread - thank you Target for the clearance item), Strawberries and Clementines, Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Mon - Slow-baked Pork Spareribs with a homemade dry run and wet BBQ sauce, Lemon Orzo Cannellini Bean Salad, Dairy-Free Fried Apples
Tues - BLTAs, Homemade Roasted Carrot and Apple Soup
Wed - Dairy-Free Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with Apple Butter, Pork Sausage, Fruit Smoothies
Thurs - Sloppy Joes, Ratatouille, Zucchini Apple Carrot Muffins
Friday - Leftover Ratatouille turned Bolognese over Spaghetti, Apple Slices
Saturday - Out

We are making an apple pie sometime this week...and then I may try a dairy-free apple custard as another dessert (to be totally different)...

So, we pretty much stuck to the menu, except we ate in all week b/c we are planning 2 meals out this week (so we "banked" one:)) - one family meal out and one date night...and that meant we didn't have chicken last week...so, I'm craving chicken now, and got some beautiful boneless skinless thighs and breast fillets, so they will feature promptly early in the week:)...and we'll be making orange tamarind ginger sugar cookies, b/c well, I got tamarind paste, and my DD and I need to play with it...

Sunday - Baked Chicken Breast Sandwiches with Peruvian aoilis (from a takeout meal from 2 weeks ago - gonna use up the extra side sauces) and lettuce/tomato, Sliced Bananas cooked in coconut milk and rum, Roasted Asparagus
Monday - Dairy-free Butter Chicken and Vegetables (Indian Eggplant, Tomato, Onion, Carrot), Dairy-Free Naan, Rambutan and Mandarin Orange Salad
Tuesday - Citrus Tea Marinated Baked Chicken Thighs, Dairy-Free Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Apples, Coleslaw
Wednesday - Dairy-Free Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Orzo, Roasted Green Beans, Grapes
Thursday - Burgers with BBQ Sauce, Carmelized Onions, and Mushrooms, Baked Fries, Green Salad with Tamarind/Orange/Ginger Vinagrette, Fruit Smoothies
Friday - Out (New Japanese Ramen place with localflavor deal - this is the family outing)
Saturday - Out (New Indian place which uses veg oil and not ghee, so I have options - this is date night to try it and see how it works for me - also have a localflavor deal here, too)

Last edited:

I have 12 dinners between now and our cruise. I went to Kroger today and got some great deals so hopefully we will be able to stick to this.

Breakfast - special k cereal, oatmeal, grit casserole
Lunch - leftovers, ravioli, chicken salad, knock off Chick-fil-A nuggets, raw vegetables, fruit
Dinners -
1. Chicken tikka, roasted broccoli, rice
2. Pot roast, potatoes, carrots
3. Sausage veg stir fry on rice
4. Cowboy beans, squash
5. Spaghetti, green beans
6. Squash casserole, Mexican cornbread, chicken tenders
7. Sausage gravy, biscuits, waffles, fruit
8. Pork Italian something, broccoli
9. Chicken casserole, corn, green beans
10. Tandoori (sp?) chicken, broccoli salad
11. Kung pao chicken, broccoli salad
12. Chinese dumplings and whatever vegs are left.

I’ve already hit up Kroger ($104 😭) and the only thing I forgot was sunflower seeds. I’ll grab those later.

It was gorgeous outside yesterday, and I have another busy work week, so I decided to grill last night to have stuff for the week. On the menu:

Tex-Mex cheeseburgers with guacamole and chips
grilled chicken soft tacos (using leftover grilled chicken from last week)
ancho garlic steaks with red potatoes
tortellini with spinach alfredo
spicy bbq grilled turkey breasts with green beans and garlic bread
red beans and rice with grilled sausage

I made my menu and did a grocery shop over the weekend. I spent $27.86 on produce and dairy but plan to have everything else come from the pantry or freezer.

Left from last week:
-lots of carrots
-salad mix
-2 apples
-2 small avocados
-green pepper
-4 tasteless Campari tomatoes
-3 cups cooked brown rice (freeze)

Grocery haul
Local fruit stand
1D06B13B-59C8-4B12-A2EA-8989BA3A2F5E.jpeg

Sprouts
7C983BB3-136F-4BDD-903A-14D9A00368BD.jpeg

Rouses (local grocery)
AD8DC535-6E68-4B58-8389-628E6924FA94.jpeg

Menu 10/06
Breakfasts

Smoothies (spinach, orange juice, yogurt, banana, cantaloupe)

Lunches
Leftovers

Sunday
Grilled pork chops (marinate)
Grilled zucchini
Baked sweet potatoes

Meatless Monday
Cheese pizza
-tomatoes
-basil
-peppers
-onion
-spinach
Mixed greens salad with Caesar dressing

Taco Tuesday
Carnitas (uses pork leftover from Sunday)
Corn tortillas (pantry)
Mexican rice (freezer)
Fruit salad

Wednesday
Chicken pot pie (chicken, pie crust, peas from freezer)
-carrots from fridge
-chicken stock (pantry)
Zucchini

Thursday
Spaghetti bolognese(freezer)
Garlic bread
Salad

Friday
Leftovers

Saturday
Grill TBD

Last edited:

This week is ready to go.
Tomorrow: Taco pasta
Wednesday: Budget Bytes Italian wonder pot and salad
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: Bacon/cheddar burgers (no bun for me), Alexa oven fries
Saturday: almond crusted chicken, broccoli, couscous
Sunday: Leftovers or something easy like frozen pizza (or a mix, lol)

Saturday: MIL bought me dinner as I went to tailgate with her for her work. DH ate at home since he was a slacker and didn't go.
Sunday: Chili
Monday: Veggie Pizza
Tuesday: Chicken Stir Fry, Rice
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Tortilla Chicken Soup
Friday: Buffalo Chicken Dip

Meal Plan for the Week!! (AND I only Spent $50.00!)

Monday - Chilli
Tuesday - Volunteer Dinner
Wednesday - Cheesey Chicken & Rice Cassarole
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Quesidillias (Quick Dinner before Football Game)
Satruday - Lunch at YaYa's Euro Bistro and they are BIG portions so we will have the leftovers for dinner
Sunday - OYO - It will be a combo of Leftovers & Quesidillas I am assuming

Trying to get back on track now that fall activities are ramping up.

Lunches:
Kale salad w/avocado, egg & bacon
Tuna salad over romaine with tomato, avocado and sprouts

Dinners:
M - One pan chicken and green beans, rice on the side for the kids and hubby, extra veggies for me
T - Taco Tuesday!
W - Quick dinner for the kids (likely chicken nuggets & veggies), salad for me with any leftover protein
R - Beef roast in the crockpot, veggies and rice or homemade rolls
F - Homemade pizza
Sa - Petite meatloaf packets
Su - Clean out the fridge!

So this weekend is the great cleaning. Forget spring cleaning! This is fall cleaning before I am stuck inside more often due to cold weather and snow. That said, I was WAY too optimistic when I came to how much I could get done so next Saturday will also need to be used to finish up. I hate being so physically limited, but my legs and hips already hurt and I am doing the bathroom today which means a lot of scrubbing due to the shower. With my health issues I don't want to over do things because that would put me down for multiple days feeling horrible. Oh well, it is the living room and dining room that won't get finished. Not the end of the world.

Okay... on to my meal plan this week!
Weekday breakfast: Apple pecan baked oatmeal
Weekday lunch: Chicken and veggie fried rice with crab rangoon for 3 days and a can of soup for the 4th day (out on day 5).
Dinners:
Yesterday: Coconut salmon rice bowl (OMG this was amazing. It had salmon that was cooked with a coconut sauce, rice, sauteed spinach and bell pepper, avocado, and mango then topped with a coconut dressing.)
Tonight - Wednesday: Meatloaf, roasted brussels sprouts, and mac and cheese
Thursday - Friday: Green curry with chicken, bamboo shoots, and bell pepper over rice noodles

I am also making banana bread muffins for an evening treat with my tea. I will be putting chocolate chips in them and maybe some pecans.

So, we pretty much stuck to the menu, except we ate in all week b/c we are planning 2 meals out this week (so we "banked" one:)) - one family meal out and one date night...and that meant we didn't have chicken last week...so, I'm craving chicken now, and got some beautiful boneless skinless thighs and breast fillets, so they will feature promptly early in the week:)...and we'll be making orange tamarind ginger sugar cookies, b/c well, I got tamarind paste, and my DD and I need to play with it...

Sunday - Baked Chicken Breast Sandwiches with Peruvian aoilis (from a takeout meal from 2 weeks ago - gonna use up the extra side sauces) and lettuce/tomato, Sliced Bananas cooked in coconut milk and rum, Roasted Asparagus
Monday - Dairy-free Butter Chicken and Vegetables (Indian Eggplant, Tomato, Onion, Carrot), Dairy-Free Naan, Rambutan and Mandarin Orange Salad
Tuesday - Citrus Tea Marinated Baked Chicken Thighs, Dairy-Free Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Apples, Coleslaw
Wednesday - Dairy-Free Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Orzo, Roasted Green Beans, Grapes
Thursday - Burgers with BBQ Sauce, Carmelized Onions, and Mushrooms, Baked Fries, Green Salad with Tamarind/Orange/Ginger Vinagrette, Fruit Smoothies
Friday - Out (New Japanese Ramen place with localflavor deal - this is the family outing)
Saturday - Out (New Indian place which uses veg oil and not ghee, so I have options - this is date night to try it and see how it works for me - also have a localflavor deal here, too)

Phew, just got back from my morning shop. We mostly stuck to the plan last week (I did drop a meal b/c we had leftovers, but we ate at home for all the eat at home meals:)...and now I have a new plan. Salmon filets were a great deal, and with eggplants being SOOOO cheap, I bought tahini and am scratch-making my own baba ghanouj for the 1st time today...that's the fun part...here's the rest of the plan...

Sunday - Baked Salmon Filets with lemon and dill, Baba Ghanouj with tortilla chips, Raspberries and Bananas
Monday - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, Raspberries and Red Grapes
Tuesday - Beef Tacos, Fresh Made Guacamole with Chips, Sliced Apples
Wednesday - Chinese BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs, Roasted Asparagus, Chocolate Banana Muffins, More Sliced Apples
Thursday - Chinese Fried Rice with Green Onion, Leftover Chicken, Egg, and Leftover Veg, Homemade Miso Soup, Clementines
Friday - Leftovers OR Frozen Dinner with Salads and Smoothies (I have Aldi Dairy-Free Chicken Sticks, so that's the bag plan if needed)
Saturday - OUT

We stuck to the planned menu this week, yay! I continued to work on whittling down the pantry and freezer and pretty much everything except produce came from my hoard. I tried two new-to-me dishes pizza and chicken pot pie to use up chicken, cheese, tomato sauce and pie crusts that were in the freezer. We also did well with eating up the leftovers, nothing to pitch this week!

B4C77F36-B947-4BDE-BF44-563B0FBC3B7C.jpeg

7E888BB3-64B9-474C-B9D8-72DFE7A26EA4.jpeg

1106098B-5FC4-4BC3-9CEE-2E62D318B5DA.jpeg

Menu 10/13

Sunday
Pork loin roast (freezer)/fig marinade (pantry)
Sweet potatoes
Grilled yellow squash

Meatless Monday
Eggplant Parmesan (freezer-cheese, marinara)
Pasta (pantry)
Salad

Taco Tuesday
Chicken tortilla soup (freezer) (zucchini, tomatoes from fridge)
Cheese/spinach quesadillas

Wednesday
Shrimp/andouille in tomato gravy
Cheese grits
Green beans

Thursday
Hamburger steak in onion gravy
Rice
Black-eyed peas
Roasted carrots

Friday
Chicken/sausage jambalaya
Yellow squash/tomatoes
Apple crisp

Saturday
Debris Po’Boys (freezer-debris, rolls)
Home fries w/onions and peppers

I spent $40.61 at our local grocery and fruit stand but that includes stocking up. We head down to Fort Wilderness on 10/25 and I stocked up on butter for baking and a large chuck roast that I’ll use to make a big pot of debris.

We eat at home except 1 time out on weekends and it is always with a coupon we stay around $20 (DS shares with me).

Monday-salads
Tues-chicken fajitas
Wed-italian sausage and potatoes
Thursday-steak sandwiches
Friday- french onion chicken and baked potatoes.

Stuck to the plan last week. DH was out of town Sat-Sun at a race (his friend had tickets and a package from work) so I had leftovers Sat and then he brought home dinner Sun so that was our "eat out" night. Another busy week at work for me as I'm still technically doing my job but now in training for another position that I'm switching to in 2 weeks since that manager is leaving for another job- and we're in our busiest mot=nth of the year as it is! I made the menu simple:

steak soft tacos (had leftover meat from last week)
sloppy joes with fruit or veggies
pierogies with creamy bacon sauce
beef and cheese penne
sausage gumbo
crock pot orange pork with rice

Happy Monday!

Tonight: Chicken taquitos, brown rice
Tuesday: Slow cooker broccoli, cheese and potato soup (this will be pretty filling on it's own)
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Breakfast sandwiches, hash browns, mixed fruit
Friday: almond crusted chicken, roasted green beans (I take green beans and snip the ends off, then toss in olive oil. Then I sprinkle vegetable seasoning on top, and roast on 375 until done), couscous
Saturday: Going to an engagement party!
Sunday: Sundays have been super hectic for us lately. Either leftovers or a take and bake pizza on my way home from work.

We have been back from our cruise for a week, and I am finally caught up with life. Now we concentrate on our WDW countdown for next year! I have my menu made, and groceries purchased...but, last night we found out the MIL and DH's grandma will be traveling through tomorrow, and staying the night at our house. Both meals I had planned for the weekend are too adventurous for the two of them, so I have to figure out what to feed them...and buy more groceries. (le-Sigh)

Tonight:
Tuna Salad
Crackers

Tomorrow:
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
Corn Chips
Peach Cobbler and Ice Cream

Sunday:
Church Event with Dinner

Monday:
Creamy Spinach and Tomato Pasta
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Veggie Quesadillas
Fresh Pineapple

This will be an interesting week for me because I have a free box of 3 meals from Hello Fresh that will arrive tomorrow. A friend at work had a few to give out and I got one of them so figured why not try it. I doubt it will be something I keep doing as it is expensive compared to what I do normally, but it will be nice to try. Plus, free food.

So my plan this week:
Breakfast: Breakfast burritos with guacamole
Lunch: Teriyaki chicken over noodles and stir fried veggies
Dinners:
Tonight/Saturday: Chicken green curry, rice, naan
Sunday/Monday: Honey-Thyme Pork Tenderloin, roasted potatoes and carrots
Tuesday/Wednesday: Crispy Maple Mustard Chicken, roasted potato wedges, carrots
Thursday/Friday: Mediterranean Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce, green beans, Za’atar Couscous

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter