Eating at Liberty Tree Tavern

We enjoy it at lunch and usually get the Colony salad. We really don't care for the AYCTE dinner as it is just too much food for us. We finally tried the toffee cake this trip and it was really good but a bit too sweet for me. We try for an early lunch (11am) and find that time is more relaxing and less crowded than later on in the day.

I think its better if I don't think of it as Thanksgiving Food. Grandma kinda ruined everyone else's food for me on that holiday. I like the food fine and its a great location.

It always seems VERY noisy in there for me, more so than most MK table service restaurants. I've only been for dinner. Toffee cake is a MUST if you go in there.

Wouldn't do it again. Service was so-so, food was basic. Better places to eat, even in MK.

My husband and I were just talking about Liberty Tree as we were firming up dining reservations for our next few trips. I had to stop and think about why I had not made a reservation there in years. I really enjoyed the dinner for what it was when they had the characters still there. A good meal and I absolutely loved the outfits! Then they changed the lunch menu around and I need to see where it has landed. As the kids get older (my son is almost 14 and we have been going since he was 18 months) the restaurants the we lean towards has changed. I guess that maybe we need to try out Liberty Tree again and I need to give up on the characters returning.

We have only eaten here once, and went for the ooey gooey cake really. Everyone enjoyed their main course but the dessert was the star and worth every calorie.

My kids still talk about the meal there 2 full years later. When we just booked to go back to WDW in August, the first thing they asked was are we going to Liberty Tree??

Liberty Tree Tavern is a must do for us on every trip. It never disappoints. Food quality is very good and it is plentiful. I have a daughter with Celiac and just about everything is gluten free with the exception of dessert. They always make her something special for dessert though.

The food was just ok the two times we went. Toffee cake was the best part of the meal. I think all the choices in MK are lacking lately, though.

We go once each time we are in Disney. It has become a tradition and our Thanksgiving get together in the summer with extended family. (Rarely are we able to get together around the holidays.). Making this meal one of our "major" holiday meals!

LTT dinner is DH's absolute favorite WDW meal. We just happened upon it one year early in our Disney adventures. We hadn't made ADRs and walked by and thought we'd see if we could get a table. We were very pleasantly surprised, and try to make it there every trip now. I like their dinner, but prefer their lunch because I love the Colony Salad and desserts (the dinner dessert used to be terrible). We've never had a problem with service, it's always been quick and friendly. Food has always been amazing.

I have fond memories of Liberty Tree - back with characters. I have a fave pick of my parents with Goofy in his "pilgrim" garb. sigh... Haven't been back, maybe worth a try.

I'm not a fan of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. It's more like a blondie brownie with a scoop of ice cream and toppings than cake. I have enjoyed the pot roast in the past, but haven't eaten there in many years.

I love it. We go for dinner and get the family style meal. It is like home cooking. Is it outstanding quality? No, but I don’t think anywhere in Disney qualifies as outstanding.

I have fond memories of Liberty Tree - back with characters. I have a fave pick of my parents with Goofy in his "pilgrim" garb. sigh... Haven't been back, maybe worth a try.

Me too! The photo you can’t see in my signature (I really should fix that... and update it since it’s 12 years old) is from there when there were characters. It is Minnie with my daughter who was 8 and my son who was 6 weeks. It is his first character photo.

We loved it. There were seven of us, and we had the AYCTE platter. It's best if you try to think of it as "home cooking" from some other region rather than "Thanksgiving food." We particularly liked the dessert (ooey, gooey, toffee cake, I believe), but I was so stuffed I couldn't fully enjoy it. I felt like a busted can of biscuits.
If we go again, I think I will just order a small meal or split something with one of the kids, then get that dessert.

I'm not a fan of the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. It's more like a blondie brownie with a scoop of ice cream and toppings than cake.

I totally agree! I also prefer their lunch as opposed to dinner, since I expect better quality than Stouffer's mac & cheese and Stovetop stuffing.

We don't do it every trip. But we enjoy it. The allure of all you care to enjoy is the big thing. I would rather go for lunch. Much more relaxed and much less waiting.
I have NEVER gotten seated within 30 minutes of our ADR.

I recall the turkey being the "processed" variety, it didn't seem like a real, carved turkey, but it's been a few years and I'm prepared to try it again this summer if my family will oblige.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts