Eating at the park

sandra-B

Earning My Ears
Where's your favourite place to eat? Do you have any money saving tips for a family of four? :flower:

Make the most of the breakfasts and really fill up, there's always a large variety of croissants, fresh bread, yoghurts, cereals, cold meats and cheeses available.
Unless your real early birds, try and book breakfast after 8.30am, we had a 7.30 breakfast time last visit, (our own fault, we went by eurostar and straight to the park and didn't check into our hotel until after 9.00 pm on our arrival day - it was the only time left), but I couldn't get the rest of the family to get up, even the kids wanted to go back to sleep. I did resort to going down on my own and openly filling a goody bag up for the others and nobody was bothered and I have heard other people say that they've made up rolls and sandwiches at breakfast to take with them.
We've always found Annette's Diner and McDonalds in the Disney Village very reasonable obviously you have to be a fan of American fast Food. Younger kids will love Pizza Planet, Toad Hall and Au Chalet de la Marionnette, these all have set menu prices for kids and adults, although there is not a vast amount of choice, fish, burgers, chicken nuggets etc.
Plaza Gardens by the Central Plaza is probably my favourite restaurant and does a wonderful buffet tea with a wide selection of hot and cold foods and a fantastic selection of desserts for about £9. per person, I'm not sure if this has to be booked in advance (we always have) as it includes Eat 'n' Great with the Disney Characters.
There is a small cafeteria in the Train Station, which sells fresh filled baguettes, we bought these at the end of the day to eat at the hotel and the Train Station Shop is handy for crisps and snacks.
A must do for us next time is the Blue Lagoon Restaurant ( inside the Pirates of the Carribean attraction), we never seemed to be anywhere near it when the hunger pangs kicked in on our previous visits, but I'm determined to eat there. :earsboy:
This is an excellent site, gives you information on all the restaurants, prices and whether you should make a reservation beforehand.
DLP Food Guide

With our family of 3 kids we tend to eat lunch in fastfood and try table service such as Annette's Diner in the evening. If the kids are not hungry we order starter or main course to share.
Plaza gardens buffet is most enjoyable :sunny:
For money savings, if one likes starter and the other sweet then I'd order one from set menu (3 course) and one main course and share.
For a change in the evening we have went to Hakuna or Pizza Outpost and taken a selection of salads, pizza, pasta etc and shared. Worths out chepaer and kids seem to like the variety of tastes.
For us I'd go for as early breakfast as possible. If you get in to the parks for opening you'll get round all the major rides without queues. When we went in November we managed in comfort 7 rides in the first hour. :cool1:
Not bad going with 6,4 and 2 year olds.

Reid

If you don't mind splurging for one meal, I would suggest Auberge de cendrillon! That is my favorite restaurant. Another thing to do with kids and on a budget is cafe hyperion just because you can eat and watch the show (I think it's lion king now) at the same time....

As has already been mentioned, definitely fill up at breakfast! You can then have a "snack" at lunchtime and go through until tea / dinner time.

We enjoyed Annette's Diner for a reasonable sit down meal (from memory 55 euros for 2 adults and 2 children) but our favourite meals were at Auberge de Cendrillon (100 euros) and the Blue Lagoon (110 euros which included a cocktail or three!)

Karen

If you like ribs you can't miss the ones they serve at The Rainforest Cafe (Mojo bones).
They are the best ribs I have ever tasted anywhere.

You've also got the great surroundings :)

If you're interested in sit-down restaurants, the prix fixe menu can be a great deal. If you have the three-course meal, it may be the only big meal you'll need all day, so you cn just pick up a light snack for dinner.

If you want to splurge on one meal, I like the suggestions above. In addition, consider a character meal at Inventions. It's not cheap, but since it's a buffet (with very good food), so it'll be the only major meal you'll need all day.

Hello,

If you want a sit down meal at lunch time to help recharge your batteries then I would recommend leaving the park and heading to Disney Village, Especially if you are at Disney Studios which has a limited amount of eating places.

The restaurants in the village will be quieter than the ones in the parks and if you did want to eat at a particualer one then the waiting time will be a lot less, even non existant if you where to go at lunch time rather then for dinner.

My main memories of food in the village are Rainforest Cafe & Planet Hollywood. I prefer both the food and service at Planet Hollywood. I cant remember what the price difference was but think that wasnt that much difference.

:flower:

Jodie

We loved Au Chalet de la Marionnette, they do some of the yummiest roast chicken I've ever had! Cafe Hyperion is great too beacuse you get the Lion King show while you eat if you time it right.

For an evening meal in the Village, we've only ever done Annette's Diner but the food was very nice in there and the brownies are to die for!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter