Eating at WDW resturants after GPS.

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I'm not sure if this really is thee most appropriate forum to ask but...thought someone here might know....

I had gastric bypass several months ago. My surgeon gave me a card to present to resturanteurs to ask them to allow me to order form the children's menu or the seniors menu because I've had a proceedure that limits me to eating one tenth of a regular adult. Does anyone know how WDW resturants deal with this? I've heard ordering form a kid's menu is usually cool but how about at buffets. It's not like I can even eat ask much as my 4 year old. CRO said it was technically my "choice" to not eat much. Ah...do they want to see how much it's not my choice? I can spew for them pretty easily!:crazy2:
Once I get there I'll jsut ask...I'm just embarassed. Doesn't make sense to be but that's me. I hate to look cheap.:(

THANKS!!!!

I seriously doubt that an adult would be charged the childs price at a buffet. There would likely be too many cases of abuse if that was allowed. It's too bad. The actions of a few seem to make it more difficult for one who has difficulties such as yours. On the bright side, I understand that at other restaurants sharing is allowed. Please make sure that you tip accordingly. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

I would just avoid the buffets. Disney is not going to allow you to pay the childs price at the buffet.

Now if you are going to character meals for your child, then you can do the following. They do allow you to pay a $5 entertainment fee and NOT have anything on the buffet, then you could stop somerwhere else like at a counter service and get something small before or after the character meal.

At any other restaurant, you can order anything you like or share off of your spouses and/or childs meal.

Carol

DD7 and i ate at the character dinner at the liberty tree tavern w/o a PS. (I don't recommend doing this, we waited 70 minutes!). well, i didn't eat because i had not pre-arranged an acceptable meal based on all my allergies and didn't have the energy or appetite to figure it all out then and there. Anyway, the server only charged us the price of DD's meal. i recommend not mentioning the entertainment fee and maybe you'll get lucky and won't be charged it. alternatively, you can see if it's possible to order off the menu instead of the buffet. i know you can do this at whispering canyon cafe. maybe other places allow that, too. then you could just order a small item instead of the buffet.

good luck

dj

You can order whatever you want at the counter service restaurants; no one will care whether it's the child's menu or not. For the sit down restaurants, also no problem. I'm not a big eater, and often share a meal with one of my daughters. In fact, if you tell the server you are sharing a meal, they will usually actually bring an extra plate.

As far as I know, for the buffets that are not character meals, if you are adult age, you will be charged the adult price, no matter how little you eat.
For the character meals, I think whether or not you get charged the adult price is at the discretion of the server. We have done a character meal at the Crystal Palace the past 4 or 5 years. When we make our PS, we make it for the correct number of adults, but the server has usually decreased the price for my younger DD to the child rate (she is disabled, quite small for her age and eats little).
I have heard of people getting charged the "Entertainment rate" that others mentioned, but mostly when the person did not eat anything.
Lunch is less expensive than dinner, so if you do have to pay to "not eat" , at least the cost is less.

Here's a link to the DIS Boards' Character meals database. If you click on the name, you'll see the price. One of the least expensive options is to do the ice cream social at Epcot.

last time we ate at trails end buffet the server noticed that my DW did not eat much so he only charged her the child price. we never asked for it and didn't expect it but it was a pleasent surprise. but it was totaly up to the server to do this.

THANKS all! I'll just hope for the best but not expect anything and I'll be ordering form the kid's menu quite a bit. ;) As well as the appetizers. BUT I won't not order things from the regular menu that are just TOO GOOD to miss. Even if I can only eat 2 bites. I MUST try the Yachtsman's Steak! And how cool is it taht they ahve a child's steak!!! MMMM, I'm hungry! Think I'll go put my food in a thimble now. :p

THANKS GUYS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter