Eating Our Way Through WDW - June 2018

Nami

Mouseketeer
September 2018 will mark our second family trip to WDW. This year we are going to celebrate our 17 year wedding anniversary! Our trip will be 9/17-9/23 and we are currently booked at All Star Sports. We loved Sports last time so why change?

This time around, I really wanted to check out the resort restaurants and I wanted to check out the dinner shows so we are going all in with the Deluxe Dining Plan!! SO EXCITED.

I am starting this Pre-Trip journal now in order to keep my ideal plans straight for when my 18 days rolls around.

We have 18 meal credits each and have 5 day park hopper passes so this is the current plan by day...
  • Day One (Arrival Day)
    • Lunch - Grand Floridian Cafe (Grand Floridian) - 1 Credit
    • Dinner - Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (Ft. Wilderness) - 2 Credits
  • Day Two (Magic Kingdom)
    • Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table (MK) - 2 Credits
    • Dinner - Be Our Guest (MK) - 1 Credit
      • Fastpasses: 7DMC, Space Mt., Haunted Mansion
  • Day Three (Hollywood Studios)
    • Breakfast - Chef Mickey's (Contemporary) - 1 Credit
    • Dinner - Sci-Fi Dine In (HS) - 1 Credit <--- Kiddos FAVORITE!!!
      • Fastpasses: Star Tours, Indiana Jones Show, Fantasmic
  • Day Four (Epcot)
    • Breakfast - Garden Grill (Epcot) - 1 Credit
    • Lunch - Coral Reef (Epcot) - 1 Credit
    • Dinner - La Cellier Steakhouse (Epcot) - 2 Credits
      • Fastpasses: Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination w/ Figament
  • Day Five (Magic Kingdom)
    • Breakfast - 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian) - 1 Credit
    • Dinner - Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Poly) - 2 Credits
      • Fastpasses: Big Thunder Mt. Railroad, Splash Mt. Pirates of the Carribean
  • Day Six (Hollywood Studios)
    • Breakfast - Trattio al Forno (Boardwalk Inn) - 1 Credit
    • Dinner - Mickey's Backyard BBQ (Ft. Wilderness) - 2 Credits
      • Fastpasses: Toy Story Maina, Star Tours, Indiana Jones Show

These are the basic plans. Last time we were at WDW we park hopped basically everyday so these park plans are just where we plan to begin the day. We don't drink and aren't a fan of the Food and Wine Festival hence only having one Epcot park day. ;)

Every time something updates, I will list it here for my own personal notes but I would love to chat with people too. I hope to journal our meals while we are on vacation!!!!

Last edited:
Joining in - we will be at WDW at the same time :) Countdown to September is ON!

Have fun planning :banana:

Updated the meal plan. Remove T-Rex and added the Grand Floridian Cafe.

Last time T-Rex was just too dang loud so this time we are going more low-key and the food looks awesome. :)

Ok... Time for a real update so when I look back on this journal, I can see how I was feeling. Today I have been looking at all sorts of things for our trip and I am so excited. 2017 was a tough fiscal year for my family since I took a low paying job in order to have more time with my family. That didn't really pan out so great overall so I found a good paying job that still allowed a good amount of family time and now we are able to plan a new vacation.

Last time we went to WDW (our first trip in 2016), my hubby was only mildly interested. He had been to DL many times and liked it but it was not a favorite. But once I got him to WDW, he was converted. He really enjoyed it and this time he is looking forward to the trip almost as much as me which is super exciting!!!!

I found out that two of my TRU employees will be at WDW the same time that we are going so we have all agreed to go to one of the dinner shows together. That will be nice and fun to make some new friends outside of work. I am hoping they join us for Hoop Dee Do or the Luau.

I can tell I have grown up over the years. Now I am in my mid-late 30's, I am no longer all about the roller coasters and that is why we can do the DDP. Our kiddo is not a HUGE ride person either. He preferred the character meets and the shows more which made for a whole new and fun experience for us. :)

I am so excited to go explore all the various hotels this time too. :) :) :) Do any of you reading this have any favorite places on site that you suggest that we check out? (Kiddo is 8 years old.)

Good times! 2018 is a really busy time for our family. We are applying for our dream apt on Friday and assuming that we are approved, we move in about March 28th. I will legit be 2 minutes from my job and in walking distance to everything, including the border of MA. Just saying!!! :)

As far as the WDW vacation goes, I am sooooo excited. I look forward to seeing what the free dining offer will be (assuming that they still do it) because I am curious if it will be cheaper to change up our resort to get a better dining deal. We will see but WHO CARES?! It's gonna be awesome. I am really stoked about this eating plan even though I know that we are going to gain a ton of weight. HAHAHAHA. My husband who never has to worry about weight even said he might need a diet when we are done. HAHAHA. Our kiddo is so freaking picky so lets hope he eats somewhat. He did good last time we were there in 1996 so fingers crossed!

I am also really excited to check out the other resorts too which is something we did not do last time. :)

WE ARRIVE 8 MONTHS FROM TODAY!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

We are SOOOOO excited to be going at the same time!! It’ll be nice to get to know each other’s families while we’re doing something other than opening boxes or scanning bays! And of course we couldn’t want to share Levi’s first trip to meet the Mouse with anyone else...because you get it!! The countdown is on!!

Ahhh... you are so sweet. I am so so so so excited to be able to see you guys at the park. It is going to be awesome!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just did our taxes and we are going to be able to pay off the entire vacation in one swoop!!!!! *happy dance*

:yay::yay::yay::yay::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::rainbow::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

My deluxe dining dreams have come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Also, now if we can get free dining I will just be getting money back!!!!!!#winningatlife)

PS - Last trip we paid month by month until the bitter end and 2017 was a really hard year for us financially so this is like a freaking blessing!!!!!!!!

Now I want to go cry into my pillow but I will wait until the day my balance says ZERO!

I called Disney yesterday to add our celebration to our trip and to ask about how it works if I pay off my vacation and then I am able to get a better price.

They told me that I can still totally adjust the reservation and I will just get a refund for the difference. That is super cool. I guess I sort of figured that it would be paid back in a gift card or something. LOL

I am so excited. I can not wait until 180 days to start adding dining reservations that I will probably change 300 times. HA!!! The lady on the phone told me that it was March 21st, I think. :) YAY!

Sooooooooooo... on a whim I decided to look up my birthday (June 13th) to see if it was cheaper to go to WDW at that time and guess what?! It is!!!!! o_O

It is cheaper by hundreds of dollars! That is insane! So, I threw it out there to my husband and he is actually considering going in June rather than Sept. OMFG! We are talking about it. I am thinking about asking if he is okay with me making dinner reservations just in case. We will see...

WOOHOOO! We have changed our vacation dates! Now we will be in Orlando for my 38th Birthday!!!

:bday::dogdance::yay::flower1::cutie::love::worship::ccat::tinker::tigger::donald::darth:

Since we are now only 126 Days until we leave!!! And we don't have to deal with the food and wine festival which is GREAT!

I booked all the dining that I wanted other than BOG but I have hope that I will be able to get one when people drop them. For now we booked Tony's Town Square which will be something different as well.

I also adjusted so I am doing the Bon Voyage breakfast on my actual birthday. This is awesome because meeting Flynn Rider is my dream and my hubby is awesome enough to get that! HAHAHA!

So here are the new plans but we parkhop almost every day so take it with a grain of salt!

Monday 6/11 - Arrival Day
  • Lunch - Grand Floridian Cafe
  • Dinner - Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Tuesday 6/12 - MK
  • Breakfast - Fairytale Dining Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
  • Dinner - Be Our Guest
Wednesday 6/13 - HS (MY BIRTHDAY)
  • Breakfast - Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast
  • Dinner - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Thursday 6/14 - Epcot
  • Breakfast - Chip 'n' Dale's Harvest Feast Breakfast at The Garden Grill
  • Lunch - Coral Reef Restaurant Lunch
  • Dinner - Le Cellier Steakhouse Dinner
Friday 6/15 - MK
  • Breakfast - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
  • Dinner - Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Saturday 6/16 - HS/Epcot
  • Breakfast - Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
  • Dinner - Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Last edited:
I am wicked excited. When I switched my dates, I told the chick at the reservation center that my trip was cheaper online with the summer sale and then just upgrading to deluxe dining. She insisted multiple times that I was wrong and that the sale did not work with an upgrade. So, whatever... I made the change and moved on with my life. But then today, I was like, screw it! I called the reservation line again and asked for the change.

Not only did that guy do what I was asking, he helped me upgrade to a preferred room! So, with the upgrade and the summer sale, we still saved over $100!!! Freaking WINNING!!!!! SOOO HAPPPY!

WOOHOO!!! I just got my desired BOG dinner reservation for June 12th!

Everything I wanted is now totally in place!!! <3 <3 <3

Sooooooooooooo... since meeting my Flynn Rider is my dream and I have my a birthday breakfast reservation @ the Bon Voyage Breakfast just so I can meet him, I made this shirt online and I am going to order it for my trip!!! What do you think?!?!?! #hubbyapproved
27973333_10161504099240206_4547170542645752310_n.jpg

Thursday is Fastpass Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!! I am so excited... Here are the updated plans...

(Also, Soarin' scared the **** out of me since I am afraid of heights. I have zero interest in FoF.)

Walt Disney World

Houck Family Vacation 2018

Monday June 11th – Arrival Day

· JetBlue

· Disney All-Star Music Resort

o Check-In @ 3pm

· Lunch – Grand Floridian Resort

o 12:15pm – Grand Floridian Café Lunch

· Dinner – Campsites at Fort Wilderness

o 6:15pm – Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue – Category 2

Tuesday June 12th – Magic Kingdom (9am – 10pm)

· Breakfast – Magic Kingdom

o 8:55am – Fairytale Dining Breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table

· Fastpasses –

o Splash Mountain

o Pirates of the Caribbean

o Space Mountain

· Dinner – Magic Kingdom

o 5:25pm – Be Our Guest Dinner

· Fireworks –

o 9:15pm – Happily Ever After Fireworks

Wednesday June 13th – Hollywood Studios (9am – 9:30pm)

· Breakfast – Disney’s Boardwalk

o 9:10am – Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast

· Fastpasses –

o Star Tours

o Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

o Beauty and The Beat Live

· Dinner – Hollywood Studios

o 5:40pm – Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant Dinner

· Show

o 9:30pm – Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

Thursday June 14th – Epcot (8am – 9pm)

· Breakfast - Epcot

o 12:15pm – Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Feast Breakfast at Garden Grill

· Fastpasses –

o Test Track

o Spaceship Earth

o Character Spot

· Lunch - Epcot

o 1:10pm – Coral Reef Restaurant Lunch

· Dinner – Epcot

o 7:30pm – Le Cellier Steakhouse Dinner

· Fireworks –

o 9pm – IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

Friday June 15th – Magic Kingdom (8am – 10pm)

· Breakfast – Grand Floridian Resort

o 9:10am - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare

· Fastpasses –

o Big Thunder Mt Railroad

o Haunted Mansion

o Seven Dwarves Mine Cart

· Dinner – Campsites @ Disney’s Fort Wilderness

o 5:30pm – Mickey’s Backyard BBQ – Category 2

Saturday June 16th – Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios

· Breakfast – Contemporary Resort

o 7:05am – Chef Mickey’s Fun Time Buffet Breakfast

· Fastpasses –

o Meet Ariel at Her Grotto

o Peter Pan's Flight

o Tomorrowland Speedway

· Dinner – Polynesian Village Resort

o 8:15pm – Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show – Category 2

Sunday June 17th – Departure Day

· JetBlue

FASTPASSES ARE SET!!!! WOOHOOO!

Monday June 11th – Arrival Day

o Check-In @ 3pm

· Lunch – Grand Floridian Resort

o 12:15pm – Grand Floridian Café Lunch

· Dinner – Campsites at Fort Wilderness

o 6:15pm – Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue – Category 2

Tuesday June 12th – Magic Kingdom (9am – 10pm)

· Breakfast – Magic Kingdom

o 8:55am – Fairytale Dining Breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table

· Fastpasses –

o 9:55am - Pirates of the Caribbean

o 11:05 - Splash Mountain

o 12:15pm - Space Mountain

· Dinner – Magic Kingdom

o 5:25pm – Be Our Guest Dinner

· Fireworks –

o 9:15pm – Happily Ever After Fireworks

Wednesday June 13th – Hollywood Studios (9am – 9:30pm)

· Breakfast – Disney’s Boardwalk

o 9:10am – Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast

· Fastpasses –

o 10:55am - Star Tours

o 12:30pm - Beauty and The Beast Live

o 2:45pm - Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

· Dinner – Hollywood Studios

o 5:40pm – Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant Dinner

· Show

o 9:30pm – Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular

Thursday June 14th – Epcot (8am – 9pm)

· Breakfast - Epcot

o 8:50am – Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Feast Breakfast at Garden Grill

· Fastpasses –

o 10:50am - Test Track

o 12:15pm - Spaceship Earth

· Lunch - Epcot

o 1:10pm – Coral Reef Restaurant Lunch

· Fastpasses –

o 3:40pm - Character Spot

· Dinner – Epcot

o 7:30pm – Le Cellier Steakhouse Dinner

· Fireworks –

o 9pm – IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

Friday June 15th – Magic Kingdom (8am – 10pm)

· Breakfast – Grand Floridian Resort

o 9:10am - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare

· Fastpasses –

o 10:55am - Big Thunder Mt Railroad

o 12:05pm - Seven Dwarves Mine Cart

o 1:15pm - Haunted Mansion

· Dinner – Campsites @ Disney’s Fort Wilderness

o 5:30pm – Mickey’s Backyard BBQ – Category 2

Saturday June 16th – Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios

· Breakfast – Contemporary Resort

o 7:05am – Chef Mickey’s Fun Time Buffet Breakfast

· Fastpasses –

o 9:45am - Peter Pan's Flight

o 10:45am - Tomorrowland Speedway

o 11:50am - Meet Ariel at Her Grotto

· Dinner – Polynesian Village Resort

o 8:15pm – Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show – Category 2

Sunday June 17th – Departure Day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter