ECV and parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

arielou

Earning My Ears
How do you get your evc from the parking lot to the parks?

Last edited:
Ask to park in the medical over flow this is right behind the handicap parking and you do not need a handicap parking pass to park there. Just wondering what this has to do with the DAS.

This is our first time to the parks since I became ill and disabled. I had questions about the DAS but after reading several threads, there were so many people being so angry and judge mental in their responses I erased the part I wrote. I have a handicap parking pass so I’ll bring just in case. Thanks for letting me know this information. Just to be clear, there is a medical or handicap parking area close to the entrance for us to avoid the trans all together?

Last edited:

You drive it.

Okay, not sure if you were being a smart elect or not but either way your response doesn’t make sense.
I drive it on the trans? I drive it the mile from from car to the front and ditch my kids and make them ride the trans on their lonesome? Don’t be a jerk. It’s unecessary.

Okay, not sure if you were being a smart elect or not but either way your response doesn’t make sense.

ECVs can't go on the trams so you can either have the kids walk with you while you drive the ECV to the monorail/park, or you split up. Those are your options.

Don’t be a jerk. It’s unecessary.

Physician, heal thyself.

This is our first time to the parks since I became ill and disabled. I had questions about the DAS but after reading several threads, there were so many people being so angry and judge mental in their responses I erased the part I wrote. It will just make me more anxious so I’ll just roll the dice when I get there. I’m anxious being I really, truly need one and what if a rookie CM decides I don’t? It would ruin our experience that day. One of my reasons is also mental illness (No, I’m not crazy, the nature of my disability came in a horrific way.)

I have a handicap parking pass so I’ll bring just in case. Thanks for letting me know this information. Just to be clear, there is a medical or handicap parking area close to the entrance for us to avoid the trans all together?

I haven't seen anyone being angry or judgmental re: the DAS, rather people are just laying out the truth. If you can't explain to a CM, rookie or not, why, other than mobility issues, you can't wait in line like everyone else, then you probably won't get a DAS. The CMs don't (nor should they) care about diagnosis, i.e., mental illness, they care about why having to wait in a line makes it impossible for you to access the attractions.

ECVs can't go on the trams so you can either have the kids walk with you while you drive the ECV to the monorail/park, or you split up. Those are your options.

They should have at least 1 tram that you can bring a scooter onto because by the end of the day, the battery is dead or dying.

They should have at least 1 tram that you can bring a scooter onto because by the end of the day, the battery is dead or dying.

I don't agree, but regardless, even if they did, that's for specific purpose, not to ferry people from the parking lot to the monorail/parks.

The Disabled Access Service does not play any role or function with parking or parking lot trams. If this is your first park visit for this vacation then you will not have DAS yet.

(copied from another forum) For those eavesdropping with no handicapped permit, and with someone other than the ECV user driving, request to do a dropoff, namely to drive past the parking attendant CMs on Segways straight to reach the first few rows of parking or handicapped parking, call that Row A. Unload the ECV, and everyone else can get out there also. Proceed to exit but instead of actually exiting, turn into, say, Row ZZ backwards and, near the tram lane, merge with the entering line of cars and now follow the instructions of the parking lot CMs and park normally. Purpose is to conserve ECV battery power.

Last edited:
This is our first time to the parks since I became ill and disabled. I had questions about the DAS but after reading several threads, there were so many people being so angry and judge mental in their responses I erased the part I wrote. It will just make me more anxious so I’ll just roll the dice when I get there. I’m anxious being I really, truly need one and what if a rookie CM decides I don’t? It would ruin our experience that day. One of my reasons is also mental illness (No, I’m not crazy, the nature of my disability came in a horrific way.)

I have a handicap parking pass so I’ll bring just in case. Thanks for letting me know this information. Just to be clear, there is a medical or handicap parking area close to the entrance for us to avoid the trans all together?
at MK you will still have a distance from car to TTC from the handicapped area and there is no tram to that area. you are able to drive your ECV but it can be a walk for kids. as for DAS make sure you practice what you ae going to say to Guest Service CM and just saying I am anxious may not help you. have reasons why waiting in line will not work for you. a doctor letter will not be looked at and will not help you. having an ECV does make it some what harder to get DAS as it appears that that will help you. not saying this to judge you but to tell you how it works. there is no way to tell if you will be given a DAS until you get there and talk to the CMs

I drive it on the trans? I drive it the mile from from car to the front and ditch my kids and make them ride the trans on their lonesome? Don’t be a jerk. It’s unecessary.
Wow I thought some of the comments were pretty snarky also. There is no need to answer if you don’t have helpful information.
Remember the Thumper Rule

If you have a handicap parking pass bring this. If you do not then you can park right behind the handicap spots. This will get you close to the front of the park. MK you will still need to take the boat or monorail over to the MK.

I am sorry you feel that way about people on here about the DAS. and part of this is really Disney fault people hear see the word disability and they go I have a disability ( mobility) and they think they need this pass when in fact they do not for mobility needs since they are taken care of at the rides if need be ( and most rides you do not have to do anything for). Now I do not know you but if you think your disability is something other then mobility then you will need to go to Guest service on your first day and talk to them. Let the CM know what part of the line is hard for you why you can not wait in the line it self and why you will need to wait outside the line

Best of luck on your trip I know you will have a great time

The Magic Kingdom will be the hardest parking then walk/scooter to the Ticket and Transportation Center. Walt’s vision of having people leave the parking area behind and being transported in a different world never invisioned the amount of people visiting the Magic Kingdom.
When you get to the toll plaza before the parking lots let them know what you need and they will direct you where to park.

I don't know the history of the previous responses, etc. but for the DAS - if you think it will be difficult for you to explain to the CM at guest services when you get there, then I've seen it suggested that you write down in a letter you can give them the reasons why a DAS would help - not dwelling on the diagnosis part so much as the how they can help you with the DAS to access the attractions. The CM could read this as opposed to you having to say it all when you arrive. If you are not satisfied with the answer the CM gives you for the DAS you can always nicely ask to speak to their supervisor and go from there. I've also found the staff at the MK to be better overall with handling the DAS than the staff elsewhere (Epcot is our other experience - senselessly rude CM there) so I suggest going there.

I had questions about the DAS but after reading several threads, there were so many people being so angry and judge mental in their responses I erased the part I wrote.
What you are reading as anger and judging is actually unemotional fact.
I drive it on the trans?
You drive it. You sit in the seat, turn the key, and propel yourself through the parking lot to the TTC. There are no mobility-device accessible trams, unless the device is something you can rapidly collapse.
I drive it the mile from from car to the front and ditch my kids and make them ride the trans on their lonesome? Don’t be a jerk. It’s unecessary
It's regrettable that you feel any responses are jerk-like. But yes, if you are
  • driving to the parks
  • using a mobility device
  • travelling with children only
there really aren't a lot of options open to you.

I'm not sure what part you don't understand, but I'm assuming you are expecting transport for your ECV from your parking spot? There isn't any, as ECVs have their own motors and are too big and heavy to haul on the parking lot trams. So the best bet is to have the kids walk beside you as you ride on the ECV. If you want to park close to the entrance, get to the parks really early.

Are you the only adult on this trip? How do you get the ECV in and out of your vehicle, if you don't mind me asking - my mom could use an ECV, but she wouldn't be able to get one out of her vehicle by herself. What type do you have?

Gosh again I’m sorry about the snarky comments. Dis board used to be the friendly/ free from judgement place to ask questions.
So...
Yes there are handicapped parking lots at all of the parks that are set up so you don’t have to take a tram so bring your card. As I said before the longest walk/drive will be at the Magic Kingdom.
There has been a lot of construction at the Studio and handicapped parking has been bad there but @RaySharpton posted that this was changed last week.
Ray does wonderful post with lots of helpful information. Look for Ray’s post in this group
You may want to message him with questions but you have to be a member for awhile and ask a certain amount? of questions before you can do this.
Have a great trip and ignore the mean girls

Last edited:
How many adults and children will be on the trip? Will you also have a stroller? Can some/all of the kids be in a stroller and have someone pushing it?

I'm guessing you are staying off site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter