ECV and ride share

Lewisc

DIS Veteran
Victory 10
Will any ride share vehicle categories work? Minnie Van be a better, but pricey option.

Early morning. I'd rather not have to negotiate or beg

Check the Orlando area for WAVs, probably through the rideshare apps, to see if they even exist there and the process for obtaining one. In the Boston market, we used to have to call in advance, but now - assuming availability - it can requested in the Lyft app. Or, Mears has some taxi vans that provide mobility device access. But again, find out in advance the process for requesting them - i.e. call now.

I meant to post a follow up
Mears has vans available with a ramp which easily accommodates ECV.
You have to call to reserve. I was quoted $22 flat rate POR to DHS. I was charged meter rate $15.80. I think that was regular taxi rate. I called to reserve day before.

I believe the Victory 10 disassembles, but it will need an SUV class and by the time you reach that point, the Minnie Vans are often cheaper and they have vans that can accommodate up to two ECVs.

MEARS does also have the accessible vans, but if staying on property, getting a Minnie Van may be faster.

Since Mears doesn't have a "just getting into the vehicle" charge (of, apparently, $17), its smart to weigh cost against time.

Since Mears doesn't have a "just getting into the vehicle" charge (of, apparently, $17), its smart to weigh cost against time.
Huh? Never had that with the accessible Minnie Van. Even Wilderness Lodge to Animal Kingdom Lodge (about as far apart as they get on Disney Property) was only $22.

Old Key West to Hoop Dee Doo was around $15. And a couple times they never even charged us, they had our information to do so, they just chose not to.

Last edited:
MinnieVan base cost (aka just for getting into the vehicle, without it moving you even a fraction of an inch) is $17. Taxi i believe costs a bit less than the $3.15 per mile or portion thereof, but without any base fee.

Old Key West to Hoop See Doo was around $15.
Clearly that was back when the base fee was $10.

MinnieVan base cost (aka just for getting into the vehicle, without it moving you even a fraction of an inch) is $17. Taxi i believe costs a bit less than the $3.15 per mile or portion thereof, but without any base fee.

Clearly that was back when the base fee was $10.
That was in June of this year, don't know when the base fee changed, but I don't think it has changed in a while, so I assumed it was still $10 based on that price. And honestly, I don't know why the price was so low, it was quoted higher over the phone, but I won't complain when it's lower than expected. And the $22 for Wilderness Lodge to AK was back in January of this year. 8n all cases they were the accessible Minnie Vans.

Just fyi, in June 2019, the base fare for a MinnieVan was $15.

Originally cost $20 flat rate. Increased to $25 flat rate in early 2018. Changed to $15 base rate plus $2.75 per mile or part, around September 2018. Increased to $17 base plus $3.15 per mile or part early December 2019.

Last edited:
Based on Lewisc's suggestion, I scheduled an accessible mears van the day before and they arrived on time and got me to HS. It was about ~$15.xx to go from Port Orleans Riverside to HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter