• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV battery life

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
I finally got my mom to agree to an ECV for our October trip! I am so happy! She has really painful knees and walks at a crawl and really can't go more then an hour a day. Anyway I am going to get one delivered to the resort and have someone show her how to use it. I want her to be comfortable with it before going near the crowds. I figure our resort, the Poly, will be perfect for tooling around and getting used to it. I have two questions. One, how long does the battery last before getting a recharge? I'd hate to be at the park and it goes dead after a few hours. Second question is can we park the ECV outside of rides where the strollers are when we go on rides? She can stand just fine and would rather walk up to the ride and leave the ECV outside. Can we do this? Thanks!

For the most part batteries wil last all day if charged at night. You can park and go through the lines and some lines allow they ECV to go through. Be sure to take the key when you park.

The battery packs on the rental scooters are designed to handle maximum weight at maximum speed for about 25 miles. Mine is a former rental and I have done parks for three days without overnight recharging. Some of the smaller non-rentals can only go about ten miles.

Yes, you can park the scooter in the same area as the strollers. However, generally you can ride it in the line. Before you make a decision, check to see what is the (time) length of the line; some are much longer than they look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter