ECV charger in the parks

musicmom3331

Mouseketeer
When we get to the hotel, after I get my luggage to the room, I'll be picking up an ECV from bell services and head right to MK. I understand there will be a charger in a bag on the back of the ECV. Has anyone ever have any problems with people messing with/taking the charger? I'm trying to avoid an extra trip up to the room.

My friend has never had a problem with someone towing her but a fully charged ECV and just Turing off the ECV when stoped should last all day

When we get to the hotel, after I get my luggage to the room, I'll be picking up an ECV from bell services and head right to MK. I understand there will be a charger in a bag on the back of the ECV. Has anyone ever have any problems with people messing with/taking the charger? I'm trying to avoid an extra trip up to the room.

You should be able to take the charger (and it's bag) through security at the Parks; there is no need to make an extra trip back to the room (although you may be pleasantly surprised at how *quick* that trip can be with your new rental buddy! :))

If the charger is in a "pouch" on the back of the seat, just make sure it is well down inside the pouch and there will likely be no problem. If, it is just hanging off the back, you can take the bag, and just lay it down in the bottom of the basket (if so equipped). You could bring a hand towel from your Resort room to cover the bag if you are concerned about it.

After your first day, just make sure to charge your rental fully overnight, and you can leave the battery charger in the Resort room.

One of the things we recommend around here is to go to Walmart or Hobby Lobby, and grab either a colorful bandana for $1, or a spool of brightly colored/patterned grosgrain ribbon, and tie that somewhere on your rental. It will help your rental stand out in a sea of identical units! :)

Have a great trip!

Thank you! We have a tight schedule between flight landing and our first FP+. And I'm definitely getting something colorful to tie to the unit. I would love to get one of those flags that tour groups use...LOL!

Nope, no problem except one little one. I didn't realize that when you go through bag check, after they check your bag, you have to pull up slowly, so the Disney Security can check your bag (to make sure you didn't stow any contraband in there). Don't be like me-the first time I went through, I didn't know this, so after they checked my bags, I figured I was done and scootered off. :moped: Yes, the Disney Security had to call after me to come back, and yes, I was more than a little embarrassed.

Nope, no problem except one little one. I didn't realize that when you go through bag check, after they check your bag, you have to pull up slowly, so the Disney Security can check your bag (to make sure you didn't stow any contraband in there). Don't be like me-the first time I went through, I didn't know this, so after they checked my bags, I figured I was done and scootered off. :moped: Yes, the Disney Security had to call after me to come back, and yes, I was more than a little embarrassed.

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I don't have a basket attached to my personal scooter, and so I just have whatever I'm using for a "Park Bag" (typically a backpack with medical supplies) for them to go through.

Don't feel embarrassed about it though - I'm sure you aren't the first person to do that! It feels like they should have told you that you need to wait for the scooter and it's accessories to be checked before driving away, after the "standard" bag check. I've only had them really check over my personal scooter thoroughly one time - oddly enough at the IG Epcot. It was fast, but *very* thorough, and the only difference between that scrutiny and TSA was that Disney Security didn't "swab" anything.

Thanks for letting all of us know about your experience - we need to start reminding folks that this is to be expected!

Thank you. That explains something to me. Every time I went thru security (on my own scooter) they told me they needed to check the bag on the back. But I didn't have a bag on the back. I've seen people with a backpack on the back of the seat, but I didn't know why security always seemed to think I'd have one. Now it makes sense.

I usually tell security that I have no bag on the back when I queue up to them. Several have told me thanks! Just a thought to make things quicker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter