ECV-How to Enter Parks??

Forever a Princess

One bottle of ketchup is not enough!
HI there!

We are annual passholders. I will be using an ECV.

What is the best way to enter the parks?

Do I first get off the ECV, place my fingers on the reader then they let me through?

As you can see I'm a first timer with the ECV.

Please help!
princess:

I have an AP and use an ECV. As the line gets close to the turnstiles I will go to the gate between them that opens and will hand my AP to the CM at the gate. The CM will run it into the reader and then press some buttons. Once in a great while I have been asked my name or when the AP expires, or even once or twice asked for ID. If the turnstile on my right is available I will attempt to put the AP in the slot and get my fingers toward the reader, but usually the CM on duty will just press the override buttons.

Go to the gate between the readers and hand you AP and ID to the castmember. They will scan it through and return both. Never have used the finger scanner.

As Cheshire Figment and Talking Hands have said, the easiest way is to ignore the finger scanner and go straight to a gate between turnstyles. You will however need a picture ID with you, like a drivers licence. Because my UK driver's licence has no picture I just show them my London bus pass which *does* have a photo.

My first few years with an AP, I did use the finger scanner, but it often failed because I had to squirm around at an odd angle to fet my fingers into the scanner from an odd angle sitting in my wheelchair so that my fingers were not centred properly.

Last trip, I just ignored the finger scanner altogether, with no problems.

One thing to check though - dont let the CM at the turnstyle forget to put your pass through the machine (as one inexperienced CM did for me). You cannot get fastpasses with your AP, if the AP isn't registered properly as you enter.

Andrew

My DD who uses a wheelchair has never been asked to use the scanner either.

I have found the CMs at the gates to be very accomodating when I enter using an ECV. I have my AP & my driver's license with me ready for hte CM. Once in awhile a CM will ask me if I can get out to put my fingers in the machine. I can, but it usually holds up the line :).

I just got back yesterday, I use an ecv and just sort of leaned over to put in fingers. A couple times they just let me through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter