ECV on Minnie Van?

Euby

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used one of the ECV-friendly Minnie Vans yet? What was your experience?

I am curious about this too.

Last month when I was at the Beach Club they gave me special number to call if i need to reserve the Handicap Minnie Van. They told me the van will hold 4 people plus the person on the ECV (I am assuming the person remains on the ecv?)

They also told me if there is more than 5 people in the party they will have a second minnie van follow at NO extra charge.

So has anyone actually used this service?

I’ve been looking for the same info. We are renting a portable scooter and I’m trying to figure out if it can be put in the back of a regular Minnie Van if they fold down the seats in the third row since we are a party of 3. There’s two car seats that are stored back there though. We are staying at the grand Floridian and I’m trying to avoid taking the monorail to Epcot since we want to visit boardwalk and enter at the IG. I’ll have my SUV, but I wanted a glass of wine or two so I’d rather not drive.

Just got some more information by calling the Minnie Van Number.

The Minnie Van will hold a total of 5 people if the person remains in their ECV

Also, they recommend calling 30 minutes prior to when you want to depart your destination to reserve the van.

Hope this helps.

We have not used the accessible Minnie Vans, but here are some pictures of the parked van I took on our recent trip.
The accessible Minnie Vans have a rear lift or ramp. The windows were too dark to see whether it was a lift or a ramp.
The wheelchair or ECV pulls up between the seats (it takes the middle spot).
So, 4 seats in back, a space for the ECV/wheelchair and the front seat is the driver and one passenger.

We have ridden in similar Mears minivans.

2874310A-28B3-4D30-9891-0CE912B02B9F.jpeg 687D5D22-C354-41CF-A2C9-0EDCA120FCBB.jpeg

I've just read Minni vans are only available to american guests; is this correct?!
I had not heard that, but they are a collaboration with an American rideshare company called Lyft, so it is possible .

Here is a pic of an ECV being loaded
Nice.
I only saw them parked at Disney Springs, so I could not tell for sure how they loaded. It looks like the lift is probably toward the passenger side. If that’s the case, the other seats in each row look like they would both be on the same side.

Here is another pic I found where you can see the inside through the window.

Looks like the ECV goes in the back, then a bucket seat that holds 3 people and 1 passenger seat upfront. Which makes sense when they told me a total of 5 people if the person remains in their ECV.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 45
I saw pictures earlier this fall, and unless they have added some new accessible Minnie Vans recently with s different configuration, the accessible Minnie Vans only take a total of 4 guests (plus driver = 5). It was 1 passenger in the front, 2 in the liddle row, plus the guest in a wheelchair (ECV). WDW did state they would send another vehicle for parties up to 6 guests, since that is what the non-accessible vehicle can take. I have not read any reports of that situation, and what I gather is the regular Minnie Vans are quite popular to the extent that some guests either have to wait or do an Uber/Lyft instead. So for a larger party (5-6) I would caution how easily/quickly they can provide that extra vehicle.

Enjoy your vacation!

I saw pictures earlier this fall, and unless they have added some new accessible Minnie Vans recently with s different configuration, the accessible Minnie Vans only take a total of 4 guests (plus driver = 5). It was 1 passenger in the front, 2 in the liddle row, plus the guest in a wheelchair (ECV). WDW did state they would send another vehicle for parties up to 6 guests, since that is what the non-accessible vehicle can take. I have not read any reports of that situation, and what I gather is the regular Minnie Vans are quite popular to the extent that some guests either have to wait or do an Uber/Lyft instead. So for a larger party (5-6) I would caution how easily/quickly they can provide that extra vehicle.

Enjoy your vacation!

I also thought it was only a total of 4 guests that is why I called today to find out. The person I spoke to did confirm to me it was total of 5 passengers including the person sitting in the ECV.

In this picture u can clearly see through the window there are 3 seats in the back row. So i guess they might have changed the configurations.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 22
I've just read Minni vans are only available to american guests; is this correct?!

I don’t believe so. However, since Lyft is a strictly American offering, I believe non-US guests will have to wait until in the US to actually download the app. Minnie Vans are requested through the Lyft app.

Enjoy your vacation!

So do we know - is it possible to have the Minnie Vans room charged (via Magic Band) or are they strictly paid for via the app?

I do not think Lyft can accept foreign credit cards, this was true last summer, may have changed since July.

Is this still only available to people in deluxe resorts? Or can anyone using the lyft app on property get a Minnie Van now? Staying at Pop next summer and it doesn’t look like they will get to value resorts any time soon if it is still limited to deluxe resort guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter