ECV on Minnie Van?

Is this still only available to people in deluxe resorts? Or can anyone using the lyft app on property get a Minnie Van now? Staying at Pop next summer and it doesn’t look like they will get to value resorts any time soon if it is still limited to deluxe resort guests.

Last I knew it had only rolled out to the deluxe resorts. That said, reports are mixed as to whether or not anyone can stop by a deluxe resort (Bell Services) and get the app activated. Once the app is activated, anyone can use the service for anywhere onsite. I believe further roll-out is pending expansion of the fleet. Many people report no availability when they try to schedule a Minnie Van.

Enjoy your vacation!

So sorry to drag up an old thread, but has someone done this yet? I am really wondering if you have 5 people with one sitting on the ecv is there any room left for the rest of my equipment. I will also have 2 mclaren umbrella style medical strollers and 4 backpacks of assorted equipment.

So sorry to drag up an old thread, but has someone done this yet? I am really wondering if you have 5 people with one sitting on the ecv is there any room left for the rest of my equipment. I will also have 2 mclaren umbrella style medical strollers and 4 backpacks of assorted equipment.

I did this back in Nov with one person remaining on the ECV. I think you will be able to fit the back packs. The strollers might be a problem.

You will prob be able to stuff the back packs on either side of the ECV but the strollers i am not sure. It might get a little tight in the back where the ECV is.

I got more information and tried the accessible Minnie Vans on the trip I just got back from. I have to say that I am not impressed at all with how it is handled right now. The extra time required while annoying, I completely understand. There is only a couple of them, and they can't be everywhere at once. What I absolutely cannot accept is that it is a completely separate booking and payment process from the standard system.

I am pretty sure that the accessible Minnie Vans are the exact same type of lift equipped vans you will see Disney Transport using for things like transport to and from the DVC open houses if you are familiar with those.

Are you saying the accessible Minnie Vans don’t use the Lyft app? How do you request and pay for the accessible rides? I agree that they need more vehicles for the whole fleet - accessible and regular.

Thanks for reporting your experience.

I forgot to add, if you are using the handicapped van the ONLY accepted payment is charged to the room with your magic band.

This post (above) was from this page, back in November. If you have to use your Magic Band to pay, I'm cool with that - my question is this: *if* you don't call for the accessible vans with the Lyft app, then how do you request one if you are at one of the Parks or Disney Springs to get back to a Resort?

Call on the phone. Not guessing; this is how Lyft handles wheelchairs under a special transit program in the Boston area. I don't know how passengers pay. I can't convince my wheelchair neighbor to sign up.

Call on the phone. Not guessing; this is how Lyft handles wheelchairs under a special transit program in the Boston area. I don't know how passengers pay. I can't convince my wheelchair neighbor to sign up.

Yep. That's right. When I arrived at the world, I figured the WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle) Minnie Vans would be an option on the app. That's how Uber handles it here in Boston. You just choose it the same way you can change between the other options.

But no. At least at the moment you cannot request an accessible Minnie Van through the app. You have to call in and ask. When I asked for the Lyft code at my resort and asked how to request the accessible vans, they gave me the number. And you can only pay on room charge (MagicBands for most people).

Yep. That's right. When I arrived at the world, I figured the WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle) Minnie Vans would be an option on the app. That's how Uber handles it here in Boston. You just choose it the same way you can change between the other options.

But no. At least at the moment you cannot request an accessible Minnie Van through the app. You have to call in and ask. When I asked for the Lyft code at my resort and asked how to request the accessible vans, they gave me the number. And you can only pay on room charge (MagicBands for most people).
We have our own EVC that separates to lift into a vehicle. We have used it in Lyft Vans in the past. Is there room in a Minnie Van for this? Behind third row or fold down third row?

I did not try the regular Minnie Vans while on my trip, but there definitely is not room in the cargo area for a mobility device larger than a cane or crutches. That's where the two car seats are, and they take up most of the floor space. I know that much. I don't know if the third row folds down or not.

Thanks for posting this question, I was wondering as well. They did add quite a few new resorts to the list that Minnie Vans will service this week. Pop Century is one, so I'm super excited!

I have no problem with this.
Sorry you do

I used the accessible Minnie Van last week. I had to call to request it as it does not show on the Lyft app. They currently only have 2 vans, so if you plan on using it a lot you may want to re-consider (especially since they are adding more resorts to the list). The service was good and the driver was really nice. It can fit a person seated next to the driver, 3 people in the backseat, and then the ECV user on the ECV in the back. There is not a lot of space for "storage" in the back as the dirver needs to be able to access all of the hooks and levers to tie-down the ECV. They billed the room, which I think is much more convenient.

I'm reviving this thread. Has anyone used the accessible Minnie Vans lately? I was a little surprised to read that (at least when this thread began) that these vans were only available at certain resorts. Has this changed?

Originally, all Minnie Vans were limited to just certain Deluxe resorts. Fleet has expanded to be available everywhere including Disney Springs resorts. They also do airport runs, but for $150 or more.

And the pricing changed. $15 base plus $2.75 per mile.

This has long since changed. When Minnie Vans were originally offered they were only available at deluxe resorts. This had nothing to do with the accessible vans specifically.

Originally, all Minnie Vans were limited to just certain Deluxe resorts. Fleet has expanded to be available everywhere including Disney Springs resorts. They also do airport runs, but for $150 or more.

And the pricing changed. $15 base plus $2.75 per mile.

And to Port Canaveral - I think the rate is around $250 but don't quote me on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter