ECV only, don't bring crutches?

thedarksyde

I like food and star wars and disney and things
My girlfriend currently only has use of 1 leg, we have rented an ECV for Disneyland. She has crutches, but we didn't want to bring them in the park.

Does anyone know of anything where she will not be able to get to that is necessary in the park. Like going to the bathroom, can she get your ECV in there? Are there places where she should have her crutches?

Generally Disneyland Park is not as accessible as WDW as it was primarily built in the 1950's long before ADA. However, DCA is fully accessible.

If you are renting the ECV from offsite, which is much better than trying to rent from Disney, you may be able to get them to attach a crutch holder to the ECV. This way the crutches are available if they are needed. I know the off-site rentals in the WDW area will charge a flat $10.00 to add a crutch holder to the ECV.

I just did WDW in late May/early June after having 2 knee surgeries in 4 months. I usually walk with a cane anyway, due to rheumatoid arthritis (I've had it for 24 years, I'm only 44).....anyway I had to use an ECV on our trip and took my crutches and was glad I did. Sometimes it was easier for me to maneuver the bathrooms and needed them to get on and off rides. I would take them just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter