• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV rental at EPCOT

Jim from Jersey

9-11-01 PAPD All gave some - some gave all
Does anyone know if you can rent an ECV at the Internation Gateway entrance at Epcot. We are staying at the Dolphin and will not be entering from the front entrance. Thanks for the help...........Jim

Yes, but they are very limited. You might want to look at the off-site rentals, especially since there is so much to do near the Swolphin. If you will be using the boats to MGM and EC there is no problem getting an ECV on/off those type of boats.

Thanks.........I'm still trying to talk my wife into using one for the week. She has very bad heel pain and sometimes can barely walk. She insists she'll be ok, but she tends to get crabby after walking for a while. She had electric shock therapy on her heel 3 weeks ago but it didn't help at all. I may just go with Walker Mobility and not even tell her......LOL. Thanks again... Jim

Jim from Jersey said:
Thanks.........I'm still trying to talk my wife into using one for the week. She has very bad heel pain and sometimes can barely walk. She insists she'll be ok, but she tends to get crabby after walking for a while. She had electric shock therapy on her heel 3 weeks ago but it didn't help at all. I may just go with Walker Mobility and not even tell her......LOL. Thanks again... Jim

Hi, Jim from Jersey. Oh definitely try to rent a scooter from offsite. Both of you will have a much better vacation.

You could rent from WDW at GWI, but wouldn't it be nice to have the choice of riding the boat launch back to the wonderful Dolphin after a long day.

Or to be able to take your time after leaving Epcot and walk by the Boardwalk at night with all the lights and activity and restaurants. Or even walk on the Beach and Yacht Club side back to the Dolphin.

I promise you that you will both have a wonderful time without having to worry about the pain of trying to make it from one stop to the next.

Sincerely, Ray :)

I rented from Randys for my last trip and liked them SO much better than the ECVs I saw the parks renting and I got a lovely sunshade with my scooter. Can not tell you how much easier it was to go longer with some power wheels and being able to keep the sun and light rain off me.

Best of luck and have fun!

Oh yes we took the boat from Boardwalk to the gateway with the scooter no problem.

Besides, the ones you can rent in the parks are much bigger and clunkier to drive than the ones you can rent off-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter