ECV Retails

Scooterbug is the only company that can do bell services delivery and pick up without you being there. They are almost always the most expensive vendor, outside of the in-park rentals. They are not generally known for having great equipment, and for larger guests they may be less reliable. A few people have reported good results, but it seems there’s more people who are unhappy. Ymmv.

Gold mobility does meet & greet style delivery and pick up. They are reportedly very, very good at scheduling the delivery and pick up to meet your schedule during their operating hours and sometimes a little beyond. They will keep in contact with you and will adjust their timing if your arrival time changes due to flight delays, etc.
They have excellent equipment (they replace their scooters every 6 months.) with 2x capacity batteries that will last all day in the park with no trouble at all. If you have an issue they will come to you even inside the park. (Most other companies want you to meet them outside the gates.) They also include all the extras like a fan, cup holder, phone holder, etc., along with a couple tiller covers (clear shower caps) and a handful (literally) of cheapie ponchos (basically Saran Wrap, lol).

Walker Mobility is another company that gets high marks for great equipment and good battery capacity. Their scooters are reputed to be waterproof. They charge for the extras and they also offer meet & greet delivery but on their schedule of time periods of availability (like between 2-4 pm. or some similar time spread)

There’s other companies, such as Buena Vista Rentals (the board’s sponsor) but they have mixed reviews and tend to cost more, most of the time. I’m sure someone else will post with even more suggestions.

I have used Gold Mobility (aka GMS) myself and I was extremely satisfied with my Victory 10 model. It was the upgraded version, and had a captains seat, and I chose a rear basket for my free accessory. It worked well, DH just took it off for transportation and carried it by its handle.

Depending on how Pooh-sized you are, I think GMS has at least one higher weight capacity scooter available, possibly two more. You want to get one that you are not at the high end of its stated weight capacity. Battery life will be reduced by a lot if you are, for example, 275-290 lbs on a scooter rated for up to 300 lbs.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter