ECV Users--I am looking for Orlando Area information.

WDWGeek1971

Mouseketeer
Hi, there DIS People!

For the past few years, I have had to use an ECV to tour the parks. Pre-pandemic, I flew to MCO rented a car and had an ECV delivered to my on-site hotel. Now in the post-pandemic world, or at least for the foreseeable future, I will be driving to Orlando. I am no longer interested in going around the property in ride share vehicles or Disney busses--just too much close contact for my personal stress levels. I drive a Jeep Cherokee with a Class III, 2" hitch-receiver. The tongue weight capacity of my vehicle is 450 lbs so I'm all set up vehicle wise. I looked into buying an ECV, mounting it on a hitch-based carrier. This led me down the google-path to the equivalent of videos of dogs surfing.

Right now, my first choice is renting both a hitch mounted carrier and an ECV from a vendor in the Central Florida area. I used to live in Broward and then Seminole Counties before moving to New Jersey. (That's right. Call me "Moving FROM Orlando.") That means I am OK driving around the state for the right service. I am not interested in out-of-state vendors because the rules about driving around with a cargo carrier hanging on to the back of your vehicle differ from state to state. Can anyone recommend a vendor who rents such things? I've usually rented my ECV from Buena Vista Scooters, so would I be a goof if I just called them and asked for a recommendation on a vendor for the hitch mounted carrier?

My second choice would be to buy a hitch-mounted ramp/lift here in NJ, and put it inside of my Jeep, drive it to Florida and get it installed there, rent an ECV, and then get the carrier uninstalled and put back into the cargo area for the drive back north.

If you have any personal experience with a local vendor/service provider on obtaining and/or installing a cargo carrier for ECVs, please share your recommendations and ideas!

If I ever decide to purchase an ECV, it will be the Quingo Flyte. You can get it with its own loading ramp and it will fit perfectly inside my Jeep. That might be bad, though. I would drive down to Orlando just because I was having a bad day and stay at cheap hotels on I-Drive. And I thought having an Annual Pass was the ultimate enabler! At the moment, I have a POP Century reservation for the end of July and our DVC/Boardwalk reservation for October (maybe we'll have F&W this year, maybe not.)

Remember to wash your hands and don't breathe on anyone!

Thanks in advance for sharing your experince!

No actual experience, but some thoughts:
I looked into buying an ECV, mounting it on a hitch-based carrier. This led me down the google-path to the equivalent of videos of dogs surfing.
Naturally down that path? How? Or were you distracted? :)
I've usually rented my ECV from Buena Vista Scooters, so would I be a goof if I just called them and asked for a recommendation on a vendor for the hitch mounted carrier?
No, you would not be a goof. Because of their location, though, and that they rent primarily to tourists, they may not have the information. Try Orlando Medical Rental, Walker Mobility, or Randy's Mobility, see if they have any suggestions.
My second choice would be to buy a hitch-mounted ramp/lift here in NJ, and put it inside of my Jeep, drive it to Florida and get it installed there, rent an ECV, and then get the carrier uninstalled and put back into the cargo area for the drive back north.
Okay, yes, that's another possibility. What about having the trailer installed/uninstalled at home, and just drive back and forth with it empty.
That might be bad, though. I would drive down to Orlando just because I was having a bad day and stay at cheap hotels on I-Drive.
Bad how?

eta: you're aware that Buena Vista now has to deliver/pick up in person, right? No more Bell Services storage. WDW has an official scooter rental company now.

Hi, WDWGeek1971.

I feel your plan.

When I used to drive and had my own mobility scooter, I must have searched years for an easier way to load my own mobility scooter into my trunk and then later rental vehicle.

I couldn't store or park a trailer at my place.

I tried Googling for both a hitch-mounted carrier and an ECV rental with renting both a hitch-mounted carrier and an ECV from a vendor in the Central Florida area without any success.

Buying one is expensive, too, https://www.spinlife.com/critpath/match.cfm?categoryID=262
or

I hope someone here can help you.

I was fascinated with your mobility scooter choice with automatic loading into a vehicle.

https://www.quingousa.com/quingo-flyte-mobility-scooter/

Hi, there DIS People!

For the past few years, I have had to use an ECV to tour the parks. Pre-pandemic, I flew to MCO rented a car and had an ECV delivered to my on-site hotel. Now in the post-pandemic world, or at least for the foreseeable future, I will be driving to Orlando. I am no longer interested in going around the property in ride share vehicles or Disney busses--just too much close contact for my personal stress levels. I drive a Jeep Cherokee with a Class III, 2" hitch-receiver. The tongue weight capacity of my vehicle is 450 lbs so I'm all set up vehicle wise. I looked into buying an ECV, mounting it on a hitch-based carrier. This led me down the google-path to the equivalent of videos of dogs surfing.

Right now, my first choice is renting both a hitch mounted carrier and an ECV from a vendor in the Central Florida area. I used to live in Broward and then Seminole Counties before moving to New Jersey. (That's right. Call me "Moving FROM Orlando.") That means I am OK driving around the state for the right service. I am not interested in out-of-state vendors because the rules about driving around with a cargo carrier hanging on to the back of your vehicle differ from state to state. Can anyone recommend a vendor who rents such things? I've usually rented my ECV from Buena Vista Scooters, so would I be a goof if I just called them and asked for a recommendation on a vendor for the hitch mounted carrier?

If you have any personal experience with a local vendor/service provider on obtaining and/or installing a cargo carrier for ECVs, please share your recommendations and ideas!

If I ever decide to purchase an ECV, it will be the Quingo Flyte. You can get it with its own loading ramp and it will fit perfectly inside my Jeep. That might be bad, though. I would drive down to Orlando just because I was having a bad day and stay at cheap hotels on I-Drive. And I thought having an Annual Pass was the ultimate enabler! At the moment, I have a POP Century reservation for the end of July and our DVC/Boardwalk reservation for October (maybe we'll have F&W this year, maybe not.)

Remember to wash your hands and don't breathe on anyone!

Thanks in advance for sharing your experince!

Thanks for the input!

No, you would not be a goof. Because of their location, though, and that they rent primarily to tourists, they may not have the information. Try Orlando Medical Rental, Walker Mobility, or Randy's Mobility, see if they have any suggestions.

Great idea! We used Walker Mobility back in the day for my mom's needs. They were fabulous! We were at the Polynesian with my Mom for her 90th birthday. She had never had problems walking around the parks before. This trip though, was after she had moved up to NJ from Orlando to be closer. She still had her Annual Pass. The airports and flights must have knocked the wind out of her. She wasn't really able to make it to our room without a wheelchair. So we ended up renting one from Walker and they were so helpful. I was sad when I needed to rent an ECV mid-trip the first time I tore the meniscus in my knee walking around EPCOT and by then there were the preferred provider list and Walker wasn't on it. We were staying at the Boardwalk, so the path of least resistance was to pick one up at the Buena Vista kiosk that was right there. I'll start with Walker Mobility, and then go down your list!

Okay, yes, that's another possibility. What about having the trailer installed/uninstalled at home, and just drive back and forth with it empty.

Every state has different laws about how they need to be mounted, lighted, and visibility of the license plate. o_O Unfortunately, I would be driving through ten states (NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL.). That's when I started looking for videos of surfing dogs. :flower3:

Now you have me thinking! I did say that without understanding that I was among my people!

eta: you're aware that Buena Vista now has to deliver/pick up in person, right? No more Bell Services storage. WDW has an official scooter rental company now.

Thanks for bringing that up. I did try Scooter Bug the last couple of trips for exactly that reason. If I have the ability to pick up an ECV at the Buena Vista warehouse, I would much prefer that route vs. the pick-up/drop-off at the front of the resort. The Buena Vista Scooters had better battery life. No idea why.

When I used to drive and had my own mobility scooter, I must have searched years for an easier way to load my own mobility scooter into my trunk and then later rental vehicle.

I couldn't store or park a trailer at my place.

I tried Googling for both a hitch-mounted carrier and an ECV rental with renting both a hitch-mounted carrier and an ECV from a vendor in the Central Florida area without any success.

Thank you, Ray, for doing some more looking around and especially your pointer to Spin Life. I had found these guys in Wisconsin:
Discount Ramps

I'm going to try calling a few vendors in the Orlando area and will make sure to post back here what I find out.

Every state has different laws about how they need to be mounted, lighted, and visibility of the license plate. o_O Unfortunately, I would be driving through ten states (NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, GA and FL.). That's when I started looking for videos of surfing dogs. :flower3:

I get it. I did a quick search (because I was curious LOL) and found a couple of things - both of which were frustratingly vague for starters.

There was *this* - How Trailer Towing Regulations Work

And then there was this: Are Hitch Cargo Carriers Legal The title feels a bit like click-bait, but it's interesting nevertheless.

I did NOT search for surfing dogs, because I can fall down a rabbit hole with the best of them, and you have already done that for us! 😬😁🤣

So, I'm going to address the idea of driving around with an ECV in the back of your Jeep.

I am kinda an expert on this - because I have a TravelScoot, and I have for years carried it in the back of my Kia Soul. The TravelScoot is light and compact, and we can drop the handlebars, and pop it in the back pretty much fully assembled, and away I go to my next adventure.

BUT there are a couple of things to consider when driving cross-country with a fully-assembled ECV sitting behind you in the cargo area.

So, DISCLAIMER inserted here, because I belong to the Original Safety Family, and we never travel on anything but surface streets with my ECV fully assembled, and upright in the cargo area. Instead, if we are getting on the highway - even to go into the City, which is less than 20 minutes away - we will fold it down for safety, and stow it in the floor well behind the front seats, or in the rear cargo with the rear seats up, and bungee cords holding it secured to the back of the back-seat seatbacks. (there's a lot of backs there, sorry! )
The reason for this is simple: If there was an accident, the ECV becomes a VERY heavy, very large projectile inside the vehicle, and if the wreck doesn't hurt or kill you, the ECV easily could. Even though my TravelScoot has parking brakes, those are not sufficient to hold it at anything resembling highway speeds; the only reason I feel remotely comfortable on surface streets at 35mph or below is because we have wheel chocks (that are cargo blocks with Velcro on the bottom) and we have every wheel securely chocked before the car moves, every time.

First of all, you MUST make sure that it will be tied down securely, so that no matter how hard you have to stand on the brakes, it won't come loose, and roll around behind you - or worse, come crashing over the seat and into the front seat area. The more it weighs, the more concerned you should be; I don't know the math of physics (because people like me are why TI made calculators LOL) but I do know that a 50 pound object is a much more deadly projectile at 65 mph than it would be at 35 mph.

This also goes for all of the accessories, including and especially the ramps. Again, no joke - make sure they are safe and secured in the event of a sudden stop.

So, when I travel to WDW, I break my Travelscoot down - it folds down into a bag about the size of a golf bag, and that is put directly behind the drivers seat in the cargo area; that way I can get to it easily if I need to, but without fear of it causing death or serious head trauma.

Additionally, remember that you will (ideally) want to bias the scooter to the passenger side of the cargo area if possible, only because it will be blocking some, if not all, of your rear-view vision capabilities. I have become quite used to relying upon my side mirrors as a result, but it can be very tiresome at times, and you have to remember that in some jurisdictions you can be ticketed if your direct line-of-sight to the rear is blocked. I don't make the rules... just reminding you 🧐 Having said that, I can't imagine you would be stopped just for that, but it could be added on to a ticket for something else, like a burned out tail light, if the local constabulary was having a bad day.

And last - but oh not least! - is that I'm guessing there will be times when you will be leaving an expensive ECV in the back of your parked jeep while you go in search of a bathroom, or to pick up food, or maybe just to stretch your legs.

My husband used to freak out because when we made our famous girls trips, we would have all kinds of suitcases (I love traveling without him, because I can take whatever I want and my daughter supports and enables my bad habits! LOL) just sitting there in the back of the car, along with this ECV all folded up and he just knew that someone was going to come along and look in the back of my car while I was inside Steak-N-Shake, and steal everything. It really bothered him.

That fix is actually pretty easy. We have tinted windows on our cars (I have to, because I am allergic to the sun, long story short, I don't tan, I *blister* then get really sick) and what I found out quite by accident one day was that anything black in the back cargo area just.... disappeared... because of the tinted windows. We don't even have the darkest legal tint, either.

So, now when we travel anywhere, we have a black flat bed sheet (bought it at Walmart) that we cover everything with, and no one can see what's back there. You will want to cover your ECV, because it will help it "disappear" even if you don't have tint, and it will be much less likely to attract attention. Especially if you are not going to unload it at every single stop. We call our black sheet "David Copperfield" because it makes things disappear LOL.

There's other things to consider when you are toting around a big item all the time in the back - if it weighs too much, it can have an impact on your gas mileage, and it will also obviously have an impact on the amount of other cargo you can carry. I'm that girl who has to bring everything + the kitchen sink, the fridge and the stove too, so your impact might not be as great as mine 😉

And there is a still a toll every time you load/unload an ECV - even if it is "self-loading" you will have to deal with the ramp system, and any weather-related issues (thinking mostly of rain, but also possibly snow/ice) and there will be the inevitable parking lot Q&A from well-meaning strangers who want to know all about it (pro tip: Have a supply of the company's business cards handy to give them, so you can get on the way, and let them visit the website on their own time)

Just want you to have a realistic picture of what it's like to travel with an ECV like that. It's a big expenditure - and it's also a lifestyle commitment as well; it changes the way you travel.

Having said all that, I feel obligated to remind you that ECVs (and wheelchairs, rollators, etc.) all fly for free on domestic US-based air carriers, so if you decide to fly, your personal mobility device (regardless of the brand) will fly for free in the cargo hold. That's a whole different topic for another day... 😉

So, I'm going to address the idea of driving around with an ECV in the back of your Jeep.

I am kinda an expert on this - because I have a TravelScoot, and I have for years carried it in the back of my Kia Soul. The TravelScoot is light and compact, and we can drop the handlebars, and pop it in the back pretty much fully assembled, and away I go to my next adventure.

Thank you for sharing your experience @mamabunny! I believe you have the perfect solution to my dilemma--acquire a TravelScoot!

I completely agree with and appreciate your safety concerns. I go a bit further, and don't recommend bungees as a tie down. Ratcheting cargo straps are much less likely to fail, so I use those. The good thing about the Jeep is that it has ample anchor points available for transporting heavy stuff. I also like the idea of the David Copperfield tarp!

I just spent a few minutes on the TravelScoot website. I am so sold! I won't even need to fashion a tray for Food & Wine! I believe it is portable enough for use on Viking Ocean Cruises for shore excursions. This is a beautiful thing, and I believe a life changer. I like the ability to carry extra batteries. Even though the largest battery isn't allowed on an airplane, two of the mid-capacity models should work fabulously!

I did reach out to Walker Mobility and got some good information from them. The heaviest piece of their scooter weights about 50 pounds, and has a handle for lifting. That will work for me to just rent the thing once I drive to Orlando. That said, it is more likely I'll be bringing my own TravelScoot!

Thank you for sharing your experience @mamabunny! I believe you have the perfect solution to my dilemma--acquire a TravelScoot!

I completely agree with and appreciate your safety concerns. I go a bit further, and don't recommend bungees as a tie down. Ratcheting cargo straps are much less likely to fail, so I use those. The good thing about the Jeep is that it has ample anchor points available for transporting heavy stuff. I also like the idea of the David Copperfield tarp!

I just spent a few minutes on the TravelScoot website. I am so sold! I won't even need to fashion a tray for Food & Wine! I believe it is portable enough for use on Viking Ocean Cruises for shore excursions. This is a beautiful thing, and I believe a life changer. I like the ability to carry extra batteries. Even though the largest battery isn't allowed on an airplane, two of the mid-capacity models should work fabulously!

I did reach out to Walker Mobility and got some good information from them. The heaviest piece of their scooter weights about 50 pounds, and has a handle for lifting. That will work for me to just rent the thing once I drive to Orlando. That said, it is more likely I'll be bringing my own TravelScoot!

Yay! Be sure to tell Tony and the gang Hi if you call them :)

Oh - and I would "double stack" two batteries (without the special tray - just added some Velcro OneWrap to the existing battery straps) and go all day no problems at WDW, Rope Drop to Kiss Goodnight, no problems. Even severely depleted, they typically recharged in about 6 hours. I could just reach down and swap the cable from one battery to the other. Whenever I park it at WDW, and it will be out of my sight for a bit (like at a table service restaurant) I simply unplug the power cable, and tuck it out of sight, down and under the power port; that way if someone does try to turn it on, they get nothing.

As you can imagine, airline gate crews *love* TravelScoots - and the "worst" part about flying with it is you do have to (typically) take the batteries into the cabin with you; I have the battery bag so that it is obvious to flight crews that it's not a personal carryon, but part of my personal mobility device. The one thing I would get (actually 2 of) is the little handicapped tag they make for the TS - I have one I hang on the battery bag itself (with a wire cable keychain) and a second one I hang off the TS itself; it helps some people to see that it isn't a "toy".

Sadly, my days with Angus (LOL yes, I name everything - and my Travelscoot is so named because just like Princess Merida's faithful horse who always brought her home safely after her adventures, my Angus does too!) are drawing to a close; my condition is reaching a point where I will most likely roll up to WDW next time in my new Fold & Go power chair named Figgy (because he's purple, like Figment, of course!)

Having said that, I can't recommend the TravelScoot enough. I would ride with the seat back off, and so could easily mount/dismount just like a tricycle. By not having the seat back, it forced me to sit up straight and hold my core tight, which is very important for helping my back maintain it's stability at this point. Honestly, the F&G is a great piece of technology, but I really do miss Angus day-to-day. Although, I haven't been going much of anywhere lately...!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do - and happy travels! 🙂

Well, stop the presses!

Just saw this whilst noodling about the greater inter webs - and thought of you @WDWGeek1971 !

EzFold Scooter

It weighs 38 pounds, folds flat to about the size of a large spinner suitcase, and has a key switch (some folks like/want/need that LOL)

Interesting design - the top speed of "12 miles per hour" may or may not be accurate - but if it's true, I would be super careful about ever traveling that fast at WDW!

One big plus it has over the TravelScoot is that the extra batteries are only $220 each. Having said that, I would want to make sure that you would be allowed to travel with 2 batteries by air - not sure if those batteries would exceed the FAA regs if you carried 2 of them.

But, it's interesting, and I thought you should see it! 🙂

Well, stop the presses!

Just saw this whilst noodling about the greater inter webs - and thought of you @WDWGeek1971 !

EzFold Scooter

It weighs 38 pounds, folds flat to about the size of a large spinner suitcase, and has a key switch (some folks like/want/need that LOL)

Interesting design - the top speed of "12 miles per hour" may or may not be accurate - but if it's true, I would be super careful about ever traveling that fast at WDW!

One big plus it has over the TravelScoot is that the extra batteries are only $220 each. Having said that, I would want to make sure that you would be allowed to travel with 2 batteries by air - not sure if those batteries would exceed the FAA regs if you carried 2 of them.

Just in time! I have the TravelScoot in a shopping cart and my credit card out. Thought I would check back here one more time to see if there were any updates and ask a question about a second battery. Whoa and behold (pun intended) I am going to check out the EzFold. I'll be back! Thank you again, @mammabunny!

Thanks for posting MB.

That looks like a great new option for many folks.

$1,599.00
38 lbs. lightest foldable scooter!
Folds and opens in less than 3 seconds
Fits into any car /15-mile range
Airplane approved / 10mph
At 10 mph. it is the fastest scooter in its class.
Range: With one battery charge you can travel 18 miles!
6-hour to charge.

It looks very well designed & compact.

I like the battery size & how easy to take it out. It says it is approved by the airlines like my Fold and Go Wheelchair. Maybe it could be left on the mobility scooter. But I would want a made for protective cover if I did store it with the battery to be placed under the plane cargo. Or just remove it and take it onboard.

There's that key lock MB was talking about.

Featherweight_PowerScooter_Video1

Manual

Features
Three-second quick fold
Folds into one piece
Super light at 38 lbs.
10 mph
18-mile range
Integrated large backpack (You could put an extra battery in it)
Contoured 2” thick seat cushion
Contoured 2” thick back cushion
Adjustable handle height 30” -36”
Folds to 34”x 20”x 18”
Airplane approved!
Wheel type flat free
Armrests Fixed
Motor 300
Handbrakes (If needed to stop quicker)

Product Specifications
Weight Capacity250 lbs.
Product Weight38 lbs.
Seat Width16"
Seat Depth16"
Seat-to-Floor Height20"
Overall Width20"
Overall Length39"
Overall Height34"
Folded Depth18"
Folded Height34"
Folded Width20"
Max. Handle Height36"
Min. Handle Height30"
Front Wheel Size8"
Rear Wheel Size8"
Back Height16"
Turning Radius30"
Max Climbing Angle10 degrees
Max Speed10 mph
Driving Range18 Miles
Battery Type24V 8Ah
Warranty on FrameOne Year Limited
Warranty on Wearable PartsSix Months Limited
Warranty on BatteriesSix Months Limited

Well, stop the presses!

EzFold Scooter

Just in time! I have the TravelScoot in a shopping cart and my credit card out. Thought I would check back here one more time to see if there were any updates and ask a question about a second battery. Whoa and behold (pun intended) I am going to check out the EzFold. I'll be back! Thank you again, @mammabunny!

Last edited:
@mamabear So sorry to hear your situation is deteriorating. Glad to see you are do what you need to stay mobile. Thank you so much for your help!

I just spent some time on the Transfomer EzFold site. Right now it looks like the TravelScoot is in the lead--let's call it Angus by a nose. The contender is the Triaxe Tour. And bonus, this led me to the RegalMobility site. They have a showroom in Clermont (very near WDW), and also do rentals--including compact, folding scooters.

https://regalmobilityrentals.com/
So, the saga continues. I'm not buying the TravelScoot today, but I did find more rental and purchase options in the Central Florida area.

@mamabear So sorry to hear your situation is deteriorating. Glad to see you are do what you need to stay mobile. Thank you so much for your help!

I just spent some time on the Transfomer EzFold site. Right now it looks like the TravelScoot is in the lead--let's call it Angus by a nose. The contender is the Triaxe Tour. And bonus, this led me to the RegalMobility site. They have a showroom in Clermont (very near WDW), and also do rentals--including compact, folding scooters.

https://regalmobilityrentals.com/
So, the saga continues. I'm not buying the TravelScoot today, but I did find more rental and purchase options in the Central Florida area.

But that's actually *good* - I want you to be really sure, because whatever personal mobility device you wind up with, it's typically a good sized investment - and it's *very* personal. It becomes a part of you in a way that can be surprising once you own it.

I will say that my hubby realized tonight that the EZ Fold lists their weight at 38 pounds - but that is *without* the battery installed. So you need to factor in the battery unless you intend to remove it prior to lifting it.

And that's another thing I should let you know. Angus is super easy to move when he is in his riding position; there's lots of places to grab (he is basically one big tie-down point for the buses, btw - the drivers love him LOL) and because you can position your hands and arms exactly where you need to for the best possible lift for you, he's easy to handle.

But folded, in his bag? Because you are expected to lift the bag in the center with the handles, it becomes kind of unwieldy. It's not any different in terms of overall weight, but the way it is distributed - all concentrated at the handles - makes it feel harder to deal with. So regardless of what personal mobility device you decide to buy, look at *how* you will be handling it - and where you will be grabbing, because it does make a difference.

Also - feel free to ask any 2nd battery questions you may have about the Travelscoot. I'm willing to bet one of them is "Why is the extra battery so dang expensive?" LOL

Well, there's a couple of reasons why, as I understand it. First of all, Travelscoot has their batteries custom-made for them. They didn't do like a lot of other companies, and use an off-the-shelf pre-existing battery.

They are also "structural" in a sense - they kind of become part of the scooter when installed. Sounds crazy, but it feels different to me without the battery installed; looser I guess.

Probably most importantly, their batteries are made with Panasonic cells, which are extremely good quality. How good? Well...

I shouldn't tell you this, but I will anyway because we are Disney buddies! 😉 I have 2 Travelscoots (an "original" belt-driven model - no reverse, you have to "Fred Flinstone" it backwards! - that is my backup, named Max, after the Palace horse in Tangled!) and, Angus, who you are familiar with. Angus is the "new" model - with reverse gear, and no belt to worry about. (so Deluxe! So Fancy! LOL)

When I bought Max, he came with 2 batteries - both of them were the biggest (capacity) battery that Travelscoot made at the time, and because I bought Max used, from the estate of an elderly lady who had literally charged the batteries once each, and then never used the Travelscoot... I wasn't sure if they would work. They had sat untouched after their initial charge for more than 5 years.

To this day, I use those batteries all the time at home, and at WDW - and they are now *MORE THAN 10 years old*. They don't hold *quite* a full charge anymore, but between the two of them, I can easily do a full Disney Day, rope drop to Kiss Goodnight, and still go down to Disney Springs for a nightcap and some live music. The battery that came with Angus (same large capacity) is about 5 years old now, and I can run a full Disney Day on it by itself.

That was also, btw, when I was about 100 pounds heavier than I am now - and riding Angus at above the manufacturer's stated weight limit. (I originally found Travelscoot through a blog written by a lady who was much heavier than I ever was - in excess of 400 pounds, and she used her Travelscoot regularly)

Now - can I promise you that 10 years from now, you won't be worried about your battery? No. Not at all. I don't know if I am a fluke, or if I am just lucky, but Tony at Travelscoot can't believe it either. To his credit, he has warned me on several occasions that one of these days, those original batteries could just quit on me, and I take his warning seriously. But for now... I'm happy to keep these batteries going!

So yeah, when I do replace them, I know it will be expensive... but I figure that my next battery should last me at least 5 years, and when you realize that there is virtually no other maintenance on the Travelscoot - other than the battery - the higher cost amortized over 5 years or so really isn't so bad!

As tempting as the EzFold looks, based on @mamabunny's extensive experience with the TravelScoot, I'd still opt for it. It should be noted, though, that Angus has been modified and personalized.

LOL yes, Angus has been modified, and is at the moment, still sporting his fancy boat seat! Having said that, I have his original seat and can easily return him to factory by simply swapping out the seats, removing the zip ties that hold his undercarriage lighting on, and I already moved the cupholder over to Figgy (Named after - who else? But Figment! my new Fold & Go Wheelchair - he's purple and beautiful and sparkles in the sunshine, and I love him!).

But yeah... *lots* of Travelscoot experience, and I would still be using Angus full-time if I could. For now, I use him for short, little trips, so he's still gainfully employed - just not on the packing list for our next adventure in Orlando.

So, after considerably more research, I will be buying the TravelScoot. Once I started googling "folding scooter" a world of additional options were revealed, and I chased them all down, and have decided that the TravelScoot will be worth every penny and a faithful steed! I feel like I know Tony after watching all his videos! I completely understand the cost of the batteries. I will go ahead and get the extra mid-size battery and the cruise package. My husband is excited that we will have a tray top on the basket. That means we won't have to eat off of trash cans at all the EPCOT festivals!

Along the lines of upcoming trips, I have made adjustments to my travels for the remainder of 2020. I will not be going to WDW in July. My husband reminded me of how much I hated the heat the last time I went in July. Also, we are still part of Florida's tri-state exclusion--despite the fact that we live in a sparsely populated rural county. So, I collapsed my two planned trips July @pop and October @BWV into one single, but longer trip in September. That trip will be exclusively on our DVC points, since we need to use some up and head into our next use year with our DVC contracts all neat and tidy, i.e., nothing in holding. Given all the cancelations and rescheduling, that was a huge win being able to do that.

The new schedule gives me some time to practice with the TravelScoot, and make it my own before spending a week at WDW and KSC. I usually don't name pets or vehicles until I have had some time to grok their personalities, but something tells me he will be named Scooter as from the Muppets. @mamabunny I am delighted you have your Figgy! My Owner's Locker is named Royal Purple Figment. And you can probably tell from my circa 1982 profile picture that I am a huge fan!

Thank you for sharing about the weight capacity. It is somewhat of a concern to me. I have dropped over 60 pounds over the past two years and am now safely under 300 and continuing to lose. I have to do that to try to save what is left of my knees, not lose my hip joints or back, and prepare for what will eventually be a double knee replacement. I have been heavy my whole life, yet extraordinarily active. No one ever warned me about the extra stress on your back, hips and knees carrying the extra weight brings. I always figured that the fact I could maintain a 15 minute mile doing 20+ miles/day on rough terrain with no heart or lung issues, I was good. Wrong! Once I hit my 60s--ouch! Let's all keep moving! Whatever help we need to do so, just getting out there is best therapy!

I'm moving this to the disABILITIES Community Forum now that park planning is ramping up again.

So, after considerably more research, I will be buying the TravelScoot. Once I started googling "folding scooter" a world of additional options were revealed, and I chased them all down, and have decided that the TravelScoot will be worth every penny and a faithful steed! I feel like I know Tony after watching all his videos! I completely understand the cost of the batteries. I will go ahead and get the extra mid-size battery and the cruise package. My husband is excited that we will have a tray top on the basket. That means we won't have to eat off of trash cans at all the EPCOT festivals!

Along the lines of upcoming trips, I have made adjustments to my travels for the remainder of 2020. I will not be going to WDW in July. My husband reminded me of how much I hated the heat the last time I went in July. Also, we are still part of Florida's tri-state exclusion--despite the fact that we live in a sparsely populated rural county. So, I collapsed my two planned trips July @pop and October @BWV into one single, but longer trip in September. That trip will be exclusively on our DVC points, since we need to use some up and head into our next use year with our DVC contracts all neat and tidy, i.e., nothing in holding. Given all the cancelations and rescheduling, that was a huge win being able to do that.

The new schedule gives me some time to practice with the TravelScoot, and make it my own before spending a week at WDW and KSC. I usually don't name pets or vehicles until I have had some time to grok their personalities, but something tells me he will be named Scooter as from the Muppets. @mamabunny I am delighted you have your Figgy! My Owner's Locker is named Royal Purple Figment. And you can probably tell from my circa 1982 profile picture that I am a huge fan!

Thank you for sharing about the weight capacity. It is somewhat of a concern to me. I have dropped over 60 pounds over the past two years and am now safely under 300 and continuing to lose. I have to do that to try to save what is left of my knees, not lose my hip joints or back, and prepare for what will eventually be a double knee replacement. I have been heavy my whole life, yet extraordinarily active. No one ever warned me about the extra stress on your back, hips and knees carrying the extra weight brings. I always figured that the fact I could maintain a 15 minute mile doing 20+ miles/day on rough terrain with no heart or lung issues, I was good. Wrong! Once I hit my 60s--ouch! Let's all keep moving! Whatever help we need to do so, just getting out there is best therapy!

Yay!!! Welcome to the family, Scooter! 🥰 😍🥰

Hi there!
First off, I don’t know if state-to-state applies as each state has their own laws, and generally, one needs to follow that of their licensed state.
For example, if I were to go back to CA, I’m not gonna get a second FL plate because in CA, you need both front and back.
Just like some states (NV), allow for really dark window tints and others don’t.

back to the main point, call Florida Mobility. I have nothing but a great experience with them! They ordered my hitch and installed everything. Not many places install but they do. I have no idea about the “renting” but call and ask.

Yay!!! Welcome to the family, Scooter! 🥰 😍🥰

I just got home after my first trip to WDW with my Travelscoot. It was fabulous! I was able to use my Jeep or just the Travelscoot to get anywhere I needed/wanted to go on property. It is so easy to lift. I don't need to fold it for transport. I drove down with it completely collapsed. After dropping off my luggage with bell services, I put it together in the Boardwalk Villas parking lot--very quickly and easily. [I really miss valet parking!!!] For the rest of the trip, I just picked it up and put it in the back, tied it down securely, and went about my travels. I am glad I have two batteries. One battery is enough for the shortened park hours. Once the park hours are extended, I will be very happy to have both batteries.

For the trip home, it started raining while I was loading the car, so I just popped off the seat (for visibility reasons) and lifted it in, tied it down, and drove about 1000 miles with no issues. The Travelscoot was both easy to use and easy to transport!

Thanks again to @mamabunny for helping me make this trip with such ease!

I just got home after my first trip to WDW with my Travelscoot. It was fabulous! I was able to use my Jeep or just the Travelscoot to get anywhere I needed/wanted to go on property. It is so easy to lift. I don't need to fold it for transport. I drove down with it completely collapsed. After dropping off my luggage with bell services, I put it together in the Boardwalk Villas parking lot--very quickly and easily. [I really miss valet parking!!!] For the rest of the trip, I just picked it up and put it in the back, tied it down securely, and went about my travels. I am glad I have two batteries. One battery is enough for the shortened park hours. Once the park hours are extended, I will be very happy to have both batteries.

For the trip home, it started raining while I was loading the car, so I just popped off the seat (for visibility reasons) and lifted it in, tied it down, and drove about 1000 miles with no issues. The Travelscoot was both easy to use and easy to transport!

Thanks again to @mamabunny for helping me make this trip with such ease!

Yay!!! I'm so thrilled to hear your first trip with Scooter was a success! ❤ ❤ ❤

Did you wind up using the Cruise package/tray? LOL I always thought it would be *fantastic* on board a boat, but at WDW, where you might have patterned concrete/flooring to navigate, I kind of figured you might have to be a bit more careful while driving with plated food on top!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!