ECV's in lines?

TiggerMomNine

Mouseketeer
I will be in an ECV at WDW next week. I want to take the ECV into the lines of the attractions when possible. Where can I find out which rides I have to leave it behind, and which lines I can take it in? I looked at the disability access map on the WDW website, but it just says whether you need to transfer, not whether you can take it into the queue. I'm pretty sure on some I can take it with me in line, and others we can enter through the exit.

Is there a list somewhere?

Thanks!!

I don't know of a list, but the lines for most rides can handle ecvs. There are cast members on the side of the entrance, if you need a special entrance, they will direct you.

the few I can think of off the top of my head is

buz
HM
space motion
POTCB

TOT

I will be in an ECV at WDW next week. I want to take the ECV into the lines of the attractions when possible. Where can I find out which rides I have to leave it behind, and which lines I can take it in? I looked at the disability access map on the WDW website, but it just says whether you need to transfer, not whether you can take it into the queue. I'm pretty sure on some I can take it with me in line, and others we can enter through the exit.

Thanks!!

Hi, I had the same question. Also, I knew that some rides that once allowed ECV's in the line are not allowing them now. SueM was able to answer my questions on how to read the guide map. This is the link. Hope it helps. https://www.disboards.com/threads/line-access-question.3773864/

Thanks!!

See https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/guest-services/mobility-disabilities/

don't sweat it! ALL attractions are usually very ECV friendly and remember to stay (plenty of water) hydrated! The humidity can creep up on you.

I know this is too late for you, but for anyone else that may be reading. I don't think you can ride your EVC through the Winnie the Pooh ride line. I always pushed my mother in her wheelchair through the line with no problem. But last time we went she was driving an EVC. They told us she couldn't bring it in line and would have to either walk or transfer to a wheelchair before coming in.

I know this is too late for you, but for anyone else that may be reading. I don't think you can ride your EVC through the Winnie the Pooh ride line. I always pushed my mother in her wheelchair through the line with no problem. But last time we went she was driving an EVC. They told us she couldn't bring it in line and would have to either walk or transfer to a wheelchair before coming in.
That is true.
The Winnie the Pooh ride is wheelchair friendly and has a wheelchair accessible hunny pot.
The line is not ECV accessible; there are too many tight turns.

I had to use an ECV for the first time on a recent trip. I had a three-wheeled scooter and was grateful as some of the turns in the queue for Smuggler’s Run were quite tight. But I was glad to be able to enjoy all the theming like everyone else :) That was the only attraction in the Studios or Epcot where my newness to an ECV came into play.

The CMs will direct you to the right place at the initial lineup if you need an alternate entrance to the loading area.

Is it normal to be denied a DAS and at the start of ToT they make you leave your ECV and stand in the regular line? I'm trying to help my parents who are there (I'm not). He can't stand in the lines, can't take his ECV in line but couldn't get a DAS.......

Adding I hope this doesn't sound angry and confrontational, this is their one and only trip and I have no experience with this. He has muscular dystrophy and has a hard time all day without his ECV.

Is it normal to be denied a DAS and at the start of ToT they make you leave your ECV and stand in the regular line? I'm trying to help my parents who are there (I'm not). He can't stand in the lines, can't take his ECV in line but couldn't get a DAS.......

Adding I hope this doesn't sound angry and confrontational, this is their one and only trip and I have no experience with this. He has muscular dystrophy and has a hard time all day without his ECV.
It is normal to be denied DAS for mobility issues. From my understanding if you can't walk the line they should have provided him with a wheelchair.

DAS is not issued for stamina or mobility related issues. There are courtesy wheelchairs at those rides where an ECV is not permitted. Granted, they may be all in use at any given time, and generally aren’t in great condition. If he can’t push himself, or his companion unable to do so, his only option is to stand in line. Or skip the ride.

No the DAS is not for mobility problems and at rides where ECV can not go in they have wheelchair if one was not offered to him I would talk to guest relations as this should have been offered to him or some way he could get on the attraction

Thanks. One was not offered. He ended up leaving the line. I told them I would get them a fastpass if I could and to make sure to ask for a wheelchair next time. I am not questioning the policy, I get that. I was just surprised since no wheelchair was offered and the ecv wasn't allowed.

Thanks. One was not offered. He ended up leaving the line. I told them I would get them a fastpass if I could and to make sure to ask for a wheelchair next time. I am not questioning the policy, I get that. I was just surprised since no wheelchair was offered and the ecv wasn't allowed.
there might not have been any chairs for him to use at the ride. As I said, they are few in number and there is no guarantee they get returned to the ride entrance in a timely manner. If at all

When we were there two weeks ago, for any queue that required my dad to transfer to a wheelchair, the CM at the line entrance told us where ECV parking was and that there should be courtesy wheelchairs at that location. I'm sorry your parents did not encounter a more helpful CM at the entrance of ToT. In our case, we never had trouble getting a chair when we parked our ECV. It's possible all could be in use and you would need to wait for one to be returned, but in general, those rides should have a designated spot for ECV parking where the chairs are taken from/returned to. I'm not sure where ToTs was, given that's not something my dad would ever ride, but most of the ones we encountered were very close to the queue entrance.

DAS is not issued for stamina or mobility related issues. There are courtesy wheelchairs at those rides where an ECV is not permitted. Granted, they may be all in use at any given time, and generally aren’t in great condition. If he can’t push himself, or his companion unable to do so, his only option is to stand in line. Or skip the ride.
Not true, we specifically have asked, explaining that we have no one to push and there are two options at TOT, there is the alternative entrance through the exit or they will provide someone to push you (this last one is true at any attraction that doesn't allow ECVs in the queue and is now the official policy, especially when there are no other alternatives according to a lead).

Additionally, I would imagine you could get a return time as well to use the FP queue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter