ECVs & Stores

Tbone17701

Disney Dreamer
Much to my dismay, I will likely need to rent an ECV at the parks on our upcoming trip due to knee/leg issues that are not improving with PT as I had hoped. I have rented an ECV in the past when I broke my ankle, but am drawing a complete blank as to what I did with it while shopping? I know I didn't take it into the stores (planning to walk as much as it will tolerate without doing additional damage), but I can't visualize where I parked it? Do I just find the nearest parking area and walk to the stores? Are there parking areas near the stores? This is clearly one of those obvious things that I've been oblivious to for the majority of our many trips.:scratchin

I'm pretty sure you can drive the ECV into the gift shop or you could park it in the stroller section nearby the gift shop. Just ask a cast member where that section is.

I was able to take my ECV into stores. I figured that if those big strollers could be ok, then an ECV would be, and I was correct! I rented a 3-wheeler and it maneuvered quite easily through stores.

Like @musicmom3331, I drive my personal mobility device (3 wheel) into the stores, and everywhere I can at WDW :)

However, as @kaytieeldr and @Isabelle729 said you can certainly park it outside. Any time you want to "park and walk" for a while, just ask a Cast Member where the best spot is for that area. Typically next to the stroller parking :)

I'm sorry you have to use a scooter, but I hope you have the best possible trip - and don't forget to go shopping at Disney Springs! ;)

Thanks all for the input! I hope to avoid taking it into stores (I fear I'd be a danger to people and things alike:blush:) but it's good to know I'm covered either way. Scooter or no scooter...it's WDW, so it's hard to complain.:)

This is an area of my expertise...haha! You can park outside like others said - in an out of the way place - there always seems to be some good spots out of the way but not far. Sometimes my knee has been so bad that I've had to take it in and when I want to do that, I try to shop in the mornings...like before noon...if I can. The later in the day as you know...the more people go into the stores to buy things before they head out it seems. In the mornings some of the stores seem dead - it's not a problem to scooter in there at all. The MK stores always seem the most crowded. The Pandora jewelry store is always hard to shop in - scooter or not! Hope you have a great trip!

Since I started using an ECV, I've been amazed at how ECV-friendly almost all the shops are. The aisles are nice and wide. I even felt comfortable driving my ECV around in whatever that store is called with all the glass on Main Street in MK with the castle below that's over $7000!

The only exception I've found is the little Twinings store in the UK in Epcot. I'm a big Twinings fan, so I just look for a convenient spot outside to tuck my ECV.

Since I started using an ECV, I've been amazed at how ECV-friendly almost all the shops are. The aisles are nice and wide. I even felt comfortable driving my ECV around in whatever that store is called with all the glass on Main Street in MK with the castle below that's over $7000!

The only exception I've found is the little Twinings store in the UK in Epcot. I'm a big Twinings fan, so I just look for a convenient spot outside to tuck my ECV.

Ooooh Arribas Brothers, be still my heart... That castle will be gone someday, and I'm going to cry, because every trip I pretend that I am going to buy it, but leave it there for everyone else to enjoy! LOL

I have gone through Twinings in my personal device, but it is very cramped. Earlier in the day *is* better - just like @Selket said above. I also agree that the Pandora jewelry shop is hard to get in and out of, however I can often pick up the new beads I want at MouseGears in Epcot.

The Disney Springs stores are, overall, arranged well for mobility devices; it's just a few of the shops in the Parks here and there that aren't as spacious.

I found out that I wasn't able to steer an ECV through most shops. If the right place to park outside wasn't obvious, I asked the nearest Cast Member and followed their advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter