Eek! Best strategies for rain?

Have not traveled in August for many years since the boys were in hs sports.. Our trips have mostly been in May and October through December.
We will be prepared for the afternoon rains.. We'll do rope drop for water parks and just wing the rest for the afternoons.
Agree with many others, just hoping that the rain will be short, rather than all day. Can honestly say that with all of our trips, the days of all day rain were very few. We bring ponchos and small umbrellas... Can't wait to have some fun!

:yay:

Shoe's are not allowed in the dryer. There are signs posted about this in the laundry rooms to keep people from damaging the dryers.. For wet shoes you can stuff them with newspaper to dry them

Not everybody stays at Disney or uses Disney laundry rooms, but good info for those who might be.

Keen on Teva sandals that don't get nasty when they are wet, unlike sneakers. Hat or ball cap to keep rain out of your face. Light rain jacket instead of a poncho. We prefer Columbia but there are plenty of them out there.

In addition to planning for ponchos, Teva sandals etc. which are all good suggestions. Also, try an plan your rides and attractions around the weather as well. A number of outdoor rides will stop in the event of rain such as Mine Train or Big Thunder Mountain. When setting up your Fastpasses try to do them early in the day before the thunderstorms.

I really do not like being wet in clothes, swimming yes. Walking around in wet clothes, yuck!

I bought frogg togg rain suit.

For the jacket, I cut off the sleeves to make them short. For the pants, I cut them into shorts.

I also use a small travel umbrella.

I have tried many different rain gear combos and this works the best for me. I stay dry and happy!

For shoes, I wear Teva sandals and Sketchers flip flops.

As others have said, it may not rain the entire day. Florida tends to have storms that come on suddenly and can be nasty, but they disperse just as quick. so TIPS:

Extra shoes and socks: I would pack extra footwear and socks for everyone in your party. At the start of the day, rent a locker and stash your bag of shoes there so you aren't carrying them around. Being able to change into dry sneakers/sandals etc and socks is a lifesaver. I got caught in a torrential half day downpour in Animal Kingdom. It was just after Pandora opened and our only day in that park so we stayed. But I didn't have spare socks and my feet were miserable the whole day.

Ponchos: They will definitely help keep you dry and sane if you need to move about the park in the rain. I'd recommend buying cheap ones at home if the forecast is positive of the rain. The Disney ones have a cute Mickey on them but will set you back quite a bit of money.

Indoor Attractions: As I said, storms often leave quickly. So the start of a downpour is the best time to duck into an indoor show like Finding Nemo the Musical, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Festival of the Lion King, Philharmagic, Tiki Room etc. If a show isn't nearby or starting when you need rain coverage, try ducking into a store for some shopping.

Fast Pass open air queues: If its raining, waiting in an outdoor queue for Thunder Mountain or Splash Mountain will be brutal. But Space Mountain will be a welcome reprieve since its covered. So prioritize the open air queues with fast pass selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!