Eek What Was That Huge Bug...?!

Seeing a big increase in them in Atlanta. Never saw here before but we've had so much rain for years ... maybe they swim here.

They are not the "cockroaches" that infest due to filth and are so disgusting to think about.

But yes they are HUGE and harmless. But it's Florida with lots of unlovable critters and bugs.

#FloridaLife

images

View attachment 324577

images

:eek: :faint: :teleport: I just couldn't. And wth is going on with its feet? Oh my, I literally would pass out and then cry. Pray for me people that there's none to be found in my room or in eyesight when we arrive tomorrow. :sad2::sad2:

Here in Sao Paulo during the summer is kinda common to see some cockroaches, they're disgusting but harmless and they're not that big. :scared:

:eek: :faint: :teleport: I just couldn't. And wth is going on with its feet? Oh my, I literally would pass out and then cry. Pray for me people that there's none to be found in my room or in eyesight when we arrive tomorrow. :sad2::sad2:

Just make sure not to leave your balcony door open and you *should* be OK. They much prefer to be outside but will find their way inside on occasion. We had them all over outside when I lived in TX, I would take my dog out for walks at night and they will be crawling all over the trees, but the only times we ever found them inside the house was when we were moving and had the doors open for prolonged periods of time. The first time I ever saw one I freaked out but got used to seeing them on walks.

We were in Charlotte, SC - found one in our hotel room - we captured it in a large cup and named it "Henry".
We brought Henry to the front desk of the hotel - they disposed of Henry and gave us a partial refund for our night at the hotel.
I think my DH named the palmetto bug Henry, so I would not freak out. :)

We were in Charlotte, SC - found one in our hotel room - we captured it in a large cup and named it "Henry".
We brought Henry to the front desk of the hotel - they disposed of Henry and gave us a partial refund for our night at the hotel.
I think my DH named the palmetto bug Henry, so I would not freak out. :)
I think I’ve seen this “Henry” before :scratchin

We had one in our room at Beach Club a few years ago. It was HUGE and it started running across the counter while I was brushing my teeth. :faint:

DH came running due to my screams and quickly dispatched the critter.

We didn't have any other "incidents" during our stay. Thank God because that was enough! :laughing:

Awwwww that poor little Palmetto! Just enjoying a respite from the rain and suddenly, DEATH! :(

I always relocate innocent bugs ... intentionally killing them is just so heartless for me to do... the only exception I have to this rule are hornets and yellowjackets...

Haha though now that I think about it, when it was cicada season in the South... you have no choice to kill many when they emerge since they pour out over roads and houses... UGH that sound.... those of you who know a cicada know the pain of which I speak!

Seeing a big increase in them in Atlanta. Never saw here before but we've had so much rain for years ... maybe they swim here.

They are not the "cockroaches" that infest due to filth and are so disgusting to think about.

But yes they are HUGE and harmless. But it's Florida with lots of unlovable critters and bugs.

#FloridaLife

images

View attachment 324577

images
:crazy2::crazy2: those are horrifying

We have gotten the rain . . .we needed it too.

OP, I would let someone know so their pest control can come and do a treatment.

I sure did notify the front desk. The resort smelled heavily of bug spray chemicals, especially on Saturday. Another interesting thing I witnessed the day after I reported the bug incident...there was an "Orkin" type person spraying the kitchen and trash collection area in the Pepper Market:crazy2:

Here's a fun tip: if you see one on the floor, quickly stomp one foot (12 inches) in front of where it is. You'll get em every time. :D :rotfl2:

It works!

I am a terrible person sometimes.

I sure did notify the front desk. The resort smelled heavily of bug spray chemicals, especially on Saturday. Another interesting thing I witnessed the day after I reported the bug incident...there was an "Orkin" type person spraying the kitchen and trash collection area in the Pepper Market:crazy2:

That's a good thing, even if it doesn't seem like it. Florida is full of bugs, no way around that. All businesses and homes have to be treated on a regular basis, and even with treatment, you may see a bug. At home, so long as the bug is dead when I see it (meaning the treatment is working properly) I'm OK. I hate live bugs though. :scared1: My biggest fear is that a live bug will get in my car somehow and make it's presence known as I'm rolling down the freeway . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!