Effect of Hotel New York closing?

Runnsally

DIS Veteran
Hi, all. Headed to DLP for the first time next summer (Newport Bay). Will the refurb/closing of Hotel New York have any appreciable effect on the overall experience - either good or bad? Thanks!

Hi, all. Headed to DLP for the first time next summer (Newport Bay). Will the refurb/closing of Hotel New York have any appreciable effect on the overall experience - either good or bad? Thanks!

Hotel New York is located at the top of Lake Disney beside Disney Village
Hotel Newport Bat is located at the end of Lake Disney

Hotel Newport Bay MAY be busier due to the displacement of guests / extra guests due to Hotel New York being closed

Depending on what they are refurbing at Hotel New York, you MAY see construction hoarding. When walking past Hotel New York you MAY hear construction noises.

It is very doubtful you would hear construction noises from Hotel New York at Hotel Newport Bay.

Go to Google Mays and see where the two hotels are located.

I really hope they leave some sort of walkway with New York closing, as walking to Sequoia Lodge would be really annoying via Newport Bay.

I really hope they leave some sort of walkway with New York closing, as walking to Sequoia Lodge would be really annoying via Newport Bay.
Yes. This. I completely agree. I was very annoyed with the walkway from Sequoia to Newport Bay being closed with construction this past summer when I wanted to get over to Newport Bay. It would likely impact people walking from Sequoia, Cheyenne, and Santa Fe if the walkway by NY is closed.

When would we know if the walkway is closed or not? I was planning on staying at Sequoia in July 2019, but if it's closed we will stay at Newport Bay. It would be too much of a walk.

I can't see them stopping you walking past. I mean they would be diverting everyone from Santa Fe and Chyenne. As far as I am aware it's the inside of the hotel being refurbed not the outside.

I dont think we will know for sure til it closes and someone reports back however the hotel is set far enough back from the path so I think they will just close off the part in front of the hotel where the skating ring etc is and leave the pathway open round the lake.But as I say thats just my opinion

I would be really surprised if they didn't allow access through whilst the renovation takes place. Especially as it's the main thoroughfare for not just SQL but SF and CH as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!