Effective 2/25/2018, you need at least 75 direct points to qualify for Membership Extras

I had Ricardo as well.

I have 225 pts. I purchased resale at SSR was looking into doing a 25 point add on there with my home use year earlier in the month before I knew anything about the 25/75 change and Ricardo put me on the waitlist.

He called me back on Monday with the points and took a credit card deposit. The points were already in my account yesterday and my online temporary card has changed to blue and I had gained access to all the extra's including that I could now see the DVC Gold APs on the Disney site for purchase.

I lucked out with the timing and wish all of you who are still trying to get your 25pts. good luck.

What use year?

Anyone else waiting for points to come in for Oct UY, for just about anywhere?

I had a really weird situation with 25 Oct UY Poly points. Two Sundays ago (when they announced the new 75pt rule), I called in the afternoon to add 25pts Poly Oct UY. The guide said none were available and put me on a waitlist. He said he had no way of telling my waitlist position (seems other guides say otherwise).

On Monday, I figured there was no way my waitlist would come through, so I called (got a different guide) and added 50pts at CCV. On Tuesday, the guide who waitlisted me called and told me he was really surprised--my Poly 25pt waitlist came through! He took my credit card and all was set, or so I thought.

The strange thing is, with the CCV add-on, my credit card was charged an hour later, points were in my account that afternoon, and the tote bag/contract was on my doorstep two days later. But for the Poly add-on, by the next day, my credit card was still not charged and no points were added to my account.

Over the next few days I emailed the guide and left him a voicemail. Finally on Sunday he called me and said the contract was stuck for no apparent reason, so he cancelled it and would process it again. He said he would monitor it on Monday to make sure there were no problems. I gave him my credit card again. But here we are three days later, no credit card charge and no points in my account. He told me he's out of the office Tues/Wed, so I don't expect to hear back from him until tomorrow.

The good thing is, through all of this, I decided it would be better for me to do the 50 CCV pts since I love Wilderness Lodge (it would be nice to have some home resort advantage there, and my Poly contract is still waiting on ROFR). So it all worked out in the end, but if I still wanted those Poly points I would be really upset! And there seems to be no explanation for what is happening!

Yea I’ve talked to my guide and then someone else and it seems certain guides have a way to check to see how far down you are or ballpark it based on pts, date and your guide. My guide says no way to know and the other said I was third on the waitlist for AKL on saturday, so who knows.

The good thing is, through all of this, I decided it would be better for me to do the 50 CCV pts since I love Wilderness Lodge (it would be nice to have some home resort advantage there, and my Poly contract is still waiting on ROFR). So it all worked out in the end, but if I still wanted those Poly points I would be really upset! And there seems to be no explanation for what is happening!

My guess is they were stalling until your 10 day rescission passes so you can't back out of the CCV then they would have processed the poly, but I could be wrong.

My guess is they were stalling until your 10 day rescission passes so you can't back out of the CCV then they would have processed the poly, but I could be wrong.

But then why would he have to take my credit card information again 5 days later? The whole thing was so strange, and it was annoying because it was hard to get a hold of the guide since he was out of the office on certain days of the week.

But then why would he have to take my credit card information again 5 days later? The whole thing was so strange, and it was annoying because it was hard to get a hold of the guide since he was out of the office on certain days of the week.

I love that Disney calls these timeshare salespeople guides. It just cracks me up. "Let me guide you into spending your money." :rotfl:

I love that Disney calls these timeshare salespeople guides. It just cracks me up. "Let me guide you into spending your money." :rotfl:

Funny that you post this as I may try to get 75 points at SS if possible after all this instead of the 50 at CCV.

Unless of course the 25 comes through and then I will be all over it...

Decisions, decisions...

Still no update on my April AKV. Guide says the available points are being offered to others and they haven't responded yet. No idea on timing. May have to do 50 CCV as a backup.

I had a really weird situation with 25 Oct UY Poly points. Two Sundays ago (when they announced the new 75pt rule), I called in the afternoon to add 25pts Poly Oct UY. The guide said none were available and put me on a waitlist. He said he had no way of telling my waitlist position (seems other guides say otherwise).

On Monday, I figured there was no way my waitlist would come through, so I called (got a different guide) and added 50pts at CCV. On Tuesday, the guide who waitlisted me called and told me he was really surprised--my Poly 25pt waitlist came through! He took my credit card and all was set, or so I thought.

The strange thing is, with the CCV add-on, my credit card was charged an hour later, points were in my account that afternoon, and the tote bag/contract was on my doorstep two days later. But for the Poly add-on, by the next day, my credit card was still not charged and no points were added to my account.

Over the next few days I emailed the guide and left him a voicemail. Finally on Sunday he called me and said the contract was stuck for no apparent reason, so he cancelled it and would process it again. He said he would monitor it on Monday to make sure there were no problems. I gave him my credit card again. But here we are three days later, no credit card charge and no points in my account. He told me he's out of the office Tues/Wed, so I don't expect to hear back from him until tomorrow.

I would guess there are rules about “poaching” the customer of one guide by a different guide. The first guide puts you on the waiting list. Then he tried to fulfill your points. They do not go through, because you are assigned to another guide, as evidenced by the 50 CCV points you just bought. If you really want the Poly points, I would call your guide that got you the CCV.

I would guess there are rules about “poaching” the customer of one guide by a different guide. The first guide puts you on the waiting list. Then he tried to fulfill your points. They do not go through, because you are assigned to another guide, as evidenced by the 50 CCV points you just bought. If you really want the Poly points, I would call your guide that got you the CCV.

I already emailed the guide who waitlisted me to tell him I didn't want the Poly points anymore (though I'm really curious how this was all going to play out), but he's been out of the office for the last two days so I haven't heard back. All this dealing with random guides happened because my actual guide has been on vacation, so every time I call they route me to whoever is working. But I was under the impression they don't see it as poaching and split the commission.

I had Ricardo as well.

I have 225 pts. I purchased resale at SSR was looking into doing a 25 point add on there with my home use year earlier in the month before I knew anything about the 25/75 change and Ricardo put me on the waitlist.

He called me back on Monday with the points and took a credit card deposit. The points were already in my account yesterday and my online temporary card has changed to blue and I had gained access to all the extra's including that I could now see the DVC Gold APs on the Disney site for purchase.

I lucked out with the timing and wish all of you who are still trying to get your 25pts. good luck.
What was your UY? I’m still waiting for 25 at SSR for September.

Funny that you post this as I may try to get 75 points at SS if possible after all this instead of the 50 at CCV.

Unless of course the 25 comes through and then I will be all over it...

Decisions, decisions...
Seriously, I’m torn like you. I’m not sure if I really want 25 Aulani points. I’m waiting on SSR (my home), HH, or VB to come through. I’d actually take advantage of 11 month booking with HH since we can stop there for a couple of days driving to or from Orlando, and my father-in-law lives close to VB. 25 Aulani points just give me direct benefits and 25 extra points which I guess can come in handy if we change resorts at the 7 month mark.

At least I have plenty of time to make a decision...

OH MY GOODNESS! I just saw this because I have been out of the loop on DVC news. I am so happy I purchased my 25 point add on last month. I rushed to purchase it once I heard about the cost increase and was waitlisted. They became available right before the price increase (SSR, September UY).

My husband did not understand why I needed to buy the direct add on now, and I told him I was worried Disney was up to something. Low and behold my gut feeling was right! I hope you all get your add on's!

Disney is getting very greedy with this whole thing. They increased prices and now they are increasing the minimum amount of direct points. It's just insane.

My waitlist for a 50 Point Poly / BLT contract came through yesterday (new member) Even better it came with 2017 points and a March UY, got my member number today and banked the points for 2018 over the phone. Blue card and everything and the paperwork hasn't shown up yet. Even booked our first trip "home" for after Thanksgiving. Pixie Dust is real.

My 25 point April AKV waitlist came through yesterday afternoon! Good luck to those still waiting. My guide indicated that she's got a lot of people in that boat and not many seem totbe coming through.

Can't wait to see the direct sales numbers for this February, Congratulations to all the people who got the points they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter