Eggplant bacon

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
I just heard about this. How was it if you had it? Suppose to taste similar to bacon . I’m not a vegetarian but my wife is. You have to put a lot of junk in it to taste like bacon but it’s still better for you than bacon.

Last edited:
I would love to hear about this too. I am on a semi plant based diet and love eggplant.

I just heard about this. How was it if you had it? Suppose to taste similar to bacon . I’m not a vegetarian but my wife is. You have to put a lot of junk in it to taste like bacon but it’s still better for you than bacon.

"Better for you" how? Less fat and cholesterol, sure. But all the chemicals they need to use to make it taste like bacon CANNOT be healthy. It is like how people think Turkey bacon is healthier. It isn't.

"Better for you" how? Less fat and cholesterol, sure. But all the chemicals they need to use to make it taste like bacon CANNOT be healthy. It is like how people think Turkey bacon is healthier. It isn't.

Most of the recipes for fake bacon that I've seen (coconut bacon, eggplant bacon) don't use chemicals, just spices and stuff to make them taste like bacon.

Then why call it bacon? Just call it roasted (whatever) chips.

🤷‍♀️
Maybe to indicate that it's a replacement for meat-based bacon? Like in sandwiches and stuff. If you're looking to replace the bacon in a BLT with a plant-based option, you're more likely to find and use a recipe for eggplant "bacon" than eggplant "chips". That's what I would do.

My friend, who is vegan, gave me a recipe for carrot hot dogs. I was skeptical about how they'd taste, but they had a hot dog flavor and were very good.

My friend, who is vegan, gave me a recipe for carrot hot dogs. I was skeptical about how they'd taste, but they had a hot dog flavor and were very good.

My dd texted me to tell me that her vegan sausage tastes and has the texture of real sausage and that she's concerned it is some sort of witchcraft :rotfl:

I've never totally understood why vegans constantly are creating foods that mimic meat products. I know some have restrictive diets and aren't able to have certain foods, so substitutes make sense. But for those who are vegans by choice, why keep trying to make plant-based products look and taste like meat?

I've never totally understood why vegans constantly are creating foods that mimic meat products. I know some have restrictive diets and aren't able to have certain foods, so substitutes make sense. But for those who are vegans by choice, why keep trying to make plant-based products look and taste like meat?

Ive asked this many times and their answer is that do like meat but dont eat meat for various reasons(health, environment, animals have feelings, etc.).

My only guess is because meat taste good and plants don't :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter