Eggplant bacon

There are very few foods that I dislike. Eggplant is number one (it is a texture issue for me).

Solution is thinly sliced, season and bake or the less healthy fry. Texture is nothing like original. DW's eggplant parmigiana has converted many naysayers and spicy brown mustard makes Brussels sprouts taste absolutely wonderful.

Just going by what I've read, many of the "almost-meat" products have a lot of additives to simulate flavors. Doesn't that come against the idea of a plant-based diet being healthier?

Don't quote me, but I thought being vegan is more about not killing or harming other living animals?

I know some vegans who won't buy knitted wool clothing because they believe shearing sheep hurts the animals. (They actually need to be sheared. They suffer in hot weather on a full coat of fur.) While there are some farmers who treat their sheep inhumainely during shearing, one CAN find farmers who treat their sheep well.

Yet, instead, the vegans will buy ACRYLIC yarn clothing. Even though acrylic doesn't degrade the way wool/sheep hair does. Heck, who cares about saving the world for the future. Save those sheep! :rolleyes:

Don't quote me, but I thought being vegan is more about not killing or harming other living animals?

I know some vegans who won't buy knitted wool clothing because they believe shearing sheep hurts the animals. (They actually need to be sheared. They suffer in hot weather on a full coat of fur.) While there are some farmers who treat their sheep inhumainely during shearing, one CAN find farmers who treat their sheep well.

Yet, instead, the vegans will buy ACRYLIC yarn clothing. Even though acrylic doesn't degrade the way wool/sheep hair does. Heck, who cares about saving the world for the future. Save those sheep! :rolleyes:
Not all plant-based eaters are vegans and not all vegans are ideologues. I'd imagine they have varying motivations and practices just like regular people. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!