Egypt!! TA recommendations? How to book early?

Raya

DIS Veteran
Last edited:
ABD is going to Egypt. I never thought we'd get a chance to go after they canceled our last trip.... Does anyone know how to find out if our Disney Visa or previous trip (only one) gets us a chance at early booking option?
If you have already taken an ABD (not just booked & paid for one) then you are considered an ABD Insider, and get to book 2 days early on May 14th. Calling ABD can verify that for you.

Disney Visa gets you nothing for Early booking. You *can* use your Disney Rewards Dollars to help pay for the ABD, though.

Sayhello

ABD is going to Egypt. I never thought we'd get a chance to go after they canceled our last trip.... Does anyone know how to find out if our Disney Visa or previous trip (only one) gets us a chance at early booking option?

Also, I don't have a travel agent, is it good enough to just call the folks who sponsor the board and take whoever gets assigned to me?

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/asia-africa-australia/egypt-vacations/

@DisneyKevin
kevin@Dreamsunlimitedtravel.com is my agent. He works for Dreams Unlimited (that sponsors this board) and just focuses on ABD.

I use Kevin at Dreams Unlimited as well.

There are discounts for booking with Dreams Unlimited travel. They are listed on their website.

The other perks for booking with a travel agent are that a TA will call on Day 1 of booking and take care of the reservations for you. This can require being on hold for two hours on opening day. Also, if anything should go wrong, you have a TA to go to bat for you.

We used Kevin last year when we thought we might book Japan. We ended up not booking it, but he was incredibly helpful and responsive, and I would recommend using him in this situation. For booking non-high demand/straight forward trips (like our Greece trip coming up) we have booked through Costco which gives a significant cash-card rebate. But in this situation for Egypt I think you're better off using Kevin.

We use Sandy Bevolo at Small World Travel. She is amazing and already locked and loaded to book Egypt for us!

I use Josephine Raccuia at Small World Vacations. She's fantastic. She's all set to book Egypt for us. Like DU, Small World offers a discount. I like that option much better than the TA's that offer Disney Gift cards.

Honestly, I wouldn't even try to book one of these Egypt itineraries without a TA. I think the phone lines are going to be a mess.

I have used Michelle from Travel Magic. They were featured in Condé Nast magazine as Disney experts! I have used them over a decade on many Disney trips (ABD, WDW and DCL) including large group reunion trips. They work seamless and very responsive. I would recommend them highly.

I’m chiming in to say we also used Kevin for opening day Seine reservations, and he was able to get us one of the two single cabins for our family of three.

Another vote for Kevin.
The Egypt Trip and pricing are loaded on their website now. Early booking discount is 750 plus their discount 550 (in my case). Unfortunately no ABD for me next year. I'm going to do a big trip of his choosing with my nephew.

OMG $7,249 usd???? :scared1:

I just... can't. I spent a month and a half in Egypt a good ten years ago for $3,900 CAD. I did three weeks (with some very fancy hotels) in Egypt and spent around $4,500 cad two years ago. The price for 10 days ABD just kills me a little.

That said, I spent a stupid amount of money on my next trip to Disneyland, so I suppose that for Disney prices it's in line.

Personally, I do think it should be a little longer than ten days. There are so many things to see that I feel like two weeks should be the minimum.

Also, if anyone goes, be sure to try the falafel. Egyptian falafel is different than any other falafel you've had. They use fava beans and it's so crispy and fluffy and just.... It's so good

I use DeeAna Archer from Archer Luxury Travel. She has been great in booking my trips for the past few years. I used to go through Costco, but now with the longer hold times for first-day booking it really makes sense use a travel agent. There's no cost to me to use her, and DeeAna gives me cashback to make up for what Costco previously gave me (in cash, which is better than Costco cards).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter