• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

El Pirata Y el Perico - are they changing the menu???

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
Allearsnet.com says this restaurant is closing for rehab, but does anyone know if they are going to change the menu? DH and I would like to try the taco salad, and the kids will eat the taco meals, so I thought it would be something new for us.

Anyone know if these items will still be served?

I hope they don't change the menu, this is my sister's favorite! Best taco's & mexican food in wdw. ;) according to her. :earseek:

MKY princess:

Does it say how long the rehab will last? It's one of my favorite places to grab a quick lunch.

APRIL 2004

El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante will be closed for refurbishment from April 26 until May 28, 2004. The counter service area will get a new food service line.

Please check this out for us and report back if the menu changed. I can't imagine the menu changing from Mexican food, unless they are gong to change the name of the place as well!?!?!?!

I hope the menu doesn't change. I love this place. The food is so different from your regular WDW counter service places. We're leaving Wednesday, I'll check it out and report back.

Ann:earsgirl:

Originally posted by Harambe
DH and I would like to try the taco salad, and the kids will eat the taco meals, so I thought it would be something new for us.

DH and I LOVE this place - but the past THREE times we've been to Disney - it's been closed! (It's seasonal)

I belive they are just refurbing the restaurant itself - not the menu.

the Taco salad is actually very good...of course - you have to fight the seaguls for half your lunch though! heheh. (It's somewhat similar to a taco salad at Taco Bell - but yummier of course!)

I do have to say, hands down, that the "mexican" food is better here then at Mexico in EPCOT! (Had a very very bad meal in EPCOT/Mexico - never ever again.)

Hey thanks Stinkerbelle - Mexican food can be quite a surprise at some places! A nice taco salad is Atkins worthy, also.

GlennandAnn - we'll look forward to your info, and have a great trip!

Originally posted by Harambe
A nice taco salad is Atkins worthy, also.

just don't eat the 'deep fried goodness bowl'

THAT'S what you give to the seagulls!!

:rolleyes1

who said I feed the seagulls? I didn't say that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter