El Tel & Co Dining Reviews 21 Oct to 4 Nov - Day 5

El Tel

Mouseketeer
DAY 5 – WEDNESDAY 25th OCTOBER 2006

My trip report for this day can be found here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1285570

My original plan for today was to go back and complete a tour of Disney MGM Studios (we had already gone there in the evening on Day 3 for the Fantasmic Dining Package and Extra Magic Hours).

I decided to re-plan when my DS started getting interested in a career in the space industry (in the UK?!?) rather than law (that dashes my hopes for a cushy retirement) and the news that there was to be a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral today. We therefore agreed to move Disney MGM Studios to Day 12 to allow DS and me to go to the Kennedy Space Center for the day. DW and DD decided to stay at WDW and do their own thing (Animal Kingdom and Epcot as it turned out).

To be honest there isn’t much to report dining-wise today, and nothing really in the way of photos (I was concentrating on Disney dining mainly).

Meals ended up as follows:

Breakfast
Time: 09:30am

Overall:
Food rating: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Atmosphere: 6/10

Sorry, no photos - I wasn’t there to take any and they would look the same as on previous posts

DW:
Breakfast Wrap - $5.59
Small Orange Juice - $1.69

DD:
Breakfast Wrap - $5.59
Bagel $2.29

_____

DS and I had a light breakfast at the Kennedy Space Center consisting of a couple of muffins and coffee.

Lunch

Time: 03:15pm

Overall:
Food rating: 7/10
Service: 6/10

Sorry, no photos - I wasn’t there to take any.

DW:
Smoked Turkey Melt $6.39
Banana - $0.99

DD:
Cheese Pizza $5.59
Banana - $0.99

_____

On arriving at Kennedy, DS and I noticed that there was a ‘dine with an astronaut’ option. This sounded interesting and may be inspiring to DS, so I got tickets for that too. It was only $22.99 extra (about £12.77) so it seemed good value.

The meal was fair to pretty good – 2 courses buffet style, plus coffee, but had the added bonus of a slideshow and presentation from ‘today’s astronaut’, Bill Pogue (Skylab 4 Pilot). He also took plenty of questions from the diners. We all got a signed photograph as part of the deal and the opportunity to have our photograph taken with him. All in all, good value for the extra cost.

Sorry, no photos – it seemed rude to take them whilst Bill was talking.

Dinner

Time: 08:30pm
Location: Kringla Bakeri og Café, Norway, World Showcase, Epcot

Overall:
Food rating: 8/10
Service: 7/10

Sorry, no photos - I wasn’t there to take any.

DW:
Apple Danish - $1.79
Cappuccino - $3.19

DD:
Cherry Danish - $1.79
Orange Juice - $1.49

Both DW and DD thought their Danish pastries were very nice, in fact DD thought her cherry Danish was really good.

_____

DS and I both had a McDonalds at the one towards the back of the big Walmart in Kissimmee. Certainly not one of the best I’ve had (but I’ve had worse too).

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews, how cool that you and DS got to eat with an astronaut! :stitch2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter