Electric Bikes Now Banned At The Fort

I saw several e-bikes this week but they seemed like they were operating them as a normal bike vs using the electric capabilities.

Heh… just another written rule in case it’s needed for something legal… otherwise it’s just a “maybe sometimes, perhaps if someone feels like it for some crazy silly I feel like saying something today” occasionally mentioned or gently reminded enforced rule… maybe. Keep enjoying your e-bikes 😁

Edit to add that I am not promoting rule breaking, just making a statement about Fort and rules… lol. I personally have no issue with e -bikes (or anything else remotely in this vein) when used safely/properly/with respect.
When I read the list this is what came to mind too. Legal. Makes me think they want to stop hearing about injuries with lawyers calling. Also gives ability to stop use in cases where reasonably unsafe or bothering other guests.

I’ve seen shore towns where they made one side pedestrians and the other bikes, skates, etc. That works well.

I saw several e-bikes this week but they seemed like they were operating them as a normal bike vs using the electric capabilities.

I have a 'pedal assist' ebike. You wouldn't know I was using power since I have to be pedaling for it to kick in, probably unless I was using max assist on a flat road. Even then you might just think "Wow, she can pedal fast!". On low assist it just looks like I'm cruising along. The 'assist' cuts out if I'm not pedaling so it coasts just like a regular bike.

DH has a 'throttle' ebike, he doesn't have to pedal to make it 'go' so it would be pretty obvious he was on 'power' if he was using the throttle and not pedaling. But same thing if he was using low assist and pedaling, you really wouldn't know if it was on power or not. It also has more power than my ebike so if he's on 'high throttle' that bike hauls buns! That's why I didn't get a throttle ebike....it was too fast and too scary! I like my little Townie GO!

So it may appear as if they weren't using power, but ebikes are pretty heavy and riding one 'manually' takes more 'leg power', so I'd bet they were on low assist.

PS Yes, I know I said upthread I'd never have one, but I tried the Townie Go and fell in love. It's really easy going and not 'scary'. They're great for getting around huge RV parks and campgrounds (when allowed).

PPS I'm not advertising that particular ebike lol.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter