Electric outlets at the resorts

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
Another question I couldn't find in a search.

We are coming from the US in June. I've heard the Sequoia doesn't have many outlets. I was going to pick up an adapter to plug in my phones and laptop. It looks like France uses the "European Type C" like the one in the 1st pic. We are going to be on a tour before going to DLP going through Italy, Switzerland and Germany in addition to France. I can't tell if Italy and Germany use the same outlet/adapter. as France. Amazon shows different plugs for Germany and Italy. I'm aware of the voltage difference between US and Europe. Everything I need to plug in is dual voltage (100-240 V) I know many of you are in GB or a european country and I'm hoping you can help

France/DLP? Amazon has this listed as "Most of Europe"

1671746965169.png

It says this one is Germany (Type E/F)

1671747272372.png

And a 3 prong one for Italy.

1671747322756.png

Not sure if I need 3 adapters or just the one for "most of Europe"

Thanks

j

I haven't travelled extensively in Europe I'll admit, but I had no idea that "officially" France and Germany used slightly different plug types. I just bought a standard two-pin round adapter and it worked for me in both countries without a problem. The one I bought looked most like the first picture although obviously it had a UK-style three pin front end as that's where I'm from.

I think the difference between types C, E and F are so minor (and probably the odder sockets are being phased out in any new buildings anyway) that it doesn't really matter all that much.

I think the difference between types C, E and F are so minor (and probably the odder sockets are being phased out in any new buildings anyway) that it doesn't really matter all that much.
That's what I was hoping. I was in Eastern Europe (Poland/Ukraine) about 20 years ago and we just had the simple 2 pin adapters that slide over the end of our US cords. I ordered a pair of the adapters in the 1st pic. Sounds like we should be fine.

j

The Correct Plug is the Top Left ( Under France / DLP ) AND above It says

I use this type All the time when we go to visit my family in Europe , which is 3 times a year

Last year was in Germany , Luxenburg , Switzerland & Italy

NO other Plug is needed

The UK has a different type of plug, if you're going there too.
We were originally supposed to start and finish the tour in London, but with Brexit, they took London out and we start and finish in Rome. London would have made it much easier to get to DLP, but the flight from Rome to Paris is cheap.

j

We were originally supposed to start and finish the tour in London, but with Brexit, they took London out and we start and finish in Rome. London would have made it much easier to get to DLP, but the flight from Rome to Paris is cheap.

j
I wonder what the Brexit excuse was! Hope you have a great time. You would have thought the EU would be unified in plug types as they are going after usb mini and micro making usb c the only option from 2025!

I wonder what the Brexit excuse was! Hope you have a great time. You would have thought the EU would be unified in plug types as they are going after usb mini and micro making usb c the only option from 2025!
I don't think Brexit had anything to do with plug size (insert any joke here). I'm not an iPerson, but I wish the US would force some standardization on the USB thing. I have to use an iPhone for work (hate it), but have Samsung/Android for all my personal stuff. The multi cord thing is annoying.

The Brexit excuse was why London was removed from the 12 day tour I'm taking before we get to DLP. I'm guessing with England no longer being in the EU and all the other countries on the tour are EU/Schengen, there were probably visa issues that weren't worth the hassle.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter